I need to move a bike. | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

I need to move a bike.

Exactly...I had found the same year and colour fz8 as mine with about 5k less on it for almost 1k cheaper, but would have been a 6 hour round trip not counting for stops. Wasn't worth it to me, the difference ended up being only a few hundred and at least I got to see it before committing to it.

But if you have to have that bike I've used @adri a few times for localish transport and @infernobuster once for a Hamilton to Aurora trip. Both had decent rates and great service.

Yep, still transporting bikes around. Busy this time of year with about 6 or 7 days left to book for November before im booking into December.

Just playing devil's advocate - you've seen / uvip / test rode the bike? Why isn't the owner available?
First I will go and see the bike and test it. Only after I will schedule the transportation of course if I buy it ?

@kawamaniak so you're willing to drive over 500 km round trip just to go see the bike and THEN figure out a way to transport it? is it really that great of a deal? personally, if you're willing to drive there to look at it, bring along a trailer from u-haul as others have suggested, or get a few buddies together with a pick up truck and some tie downs and ramps and buy it on the spot and bring it back with you...lots of videos on YouTube to show you how to properly load and tie down a bike (and lots that will show you how NOT to do this properly as well)...up to you, just my two cents worth...

@kawamaniak so you're willing to drive over 500 km round trip just to go see the bike and THEN figure out a way to transport it? is it really that great of a deal? personally, if you're willing to drive there to look at it, bring along a trailer from u-haul as others have suggested, or get a few buddies together with a pick up truck and some tie downs and ramps and buy it on the spot and bring it back with you...lots of videos on YouTube to show you how to properly load and tie down a bike (and lots that will show you how NOT to do this properly as well)...up to you, just my two cents worth...
Driving I don't mind it because I'm a driver and I drive almost every day 400-500km. I am considering to go prepared to pick it up if all good. The price is good plus not to many options for that particular bike. Anyway, I like little adventures once in a while.
Thanks for all the help guys!

Thanks everyone for the help. I found my bike closer to home and I used a company to transport it home because it's way to cold to ride.
I used a company from Mississauga, great service and very affordable. Highly recommended.
I got a 2009 ninja 650.

Attachments

• received_680414125964038.jpeg
    received_680414125964038.jpeg
    135.4 KB · Views: 30
  • PXL_20201207_220333947.NIGHT.jpg
    PXL_20201207_220333947.NIGHT.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 30
Thanks everyone for the help. I found my bike closer to home and I used a company to transport it home because it's way to cold to ride.
I used a company from Mississauga, great service and very affordable. Highly recommended.
I got a 2009 ninja 650.
Congrats. And the company was?

Glad you got it sorted.
A 2 hour drive one way for a rare or super deal on a bike is one thing, but 4 hour round trip for a learner or mid class ninja is a completely different tale.
Regardless, your money and time, the ninjas (excluding SS cuz i have no idea) are a fun time and great for both money and time

Sent from my SM-G781W using Tapatalk

Glad you got it sorted.
A 2 hour drive one way for a rare or super deal on a bike is one thing, but 4 hour round trip for a learner or mid class ninja is a completely different tale.
Regardless, your money and time, the ninjas (excluding SS cuz i have no idea) are a fun time and great for both money and time

Sent from my SM-G781W using Tapatalk
I actually ended up buying a different bike because after driving almost 5 hours there and back, the guy backed up with no explanation just that he doesn't feel good about the sale. We made the deal on the spot, I wanted to give him a deposit and pick up the bike after. On my drive back he emailed me that the deal is off. So that was a wasted time, but I found a 650 (the previous one was 400) only 25 minutes away from my house. Even better.
In the end all is good.
Now I'm just having fun working on some small mods on the bike and waiting for next season.

I actually ended up buying a different bike because after driving almost 5 hours there and back, the guy backed up with no explanation just that he doesn't feel good about the sale. We made the deal on the spot, I wanted to give him a deposit and pick up the bike after. On my drive back he emailed me that the deal is off. So that was a wasted time, but I found a 650 (the previous one was 400) only 25 minutes away from my house. Even better.
In the end all is good.
Now I'm just having fun working on some small mods on the bike and waiting for next season.

This is why I buy bikes on the spot....look it over / inspect. Review paperwork and load it up and take it home / deliver it.
Usually can get a better deal if you have a truck there with cash in hand and ready to buy (if its worth it)

This is why I buy bikes on the spot....look it over / inspect. Review paperwork and load it up and take it home / deliver it.
Usually can get a better deal if you have a truck there with cash in hand and ready to buy (if its worth it)
It makes complete sense if you have a truck available, but I didn't.

Back
Top Bottom