I can see why people like Gixxers | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

I can see why people like Gixxers

Between 06-11, the 06/07 was the nicest... though I don't mind the 08-10, really sexy lines and the front end looks really nice.
However, I think the '11 is a complete disaster!
I'm talking about the 600/750's... It took me a while to like the new 1000 but I really dig it!

Yep, when I was shopping for a bike last it was between the Daytona and the 2006-2007 GSXR-750. 08-10 is not bad too but headlight looks best on 06-07. The red/copper color scheme is my favorite BTW.

The red/copper color scheme is my favorite BTW.

I call it Orange, but ya, the bike is sweet looking. I stumbled upon this one by accident, was actually looking for a new cage, got bored, went to the bike section on kijiji and for whatever reason, sorted by the colour orange and this came up.

Now for the funny/clearly immature part...

Saw the bike and struck up some humourous conversation with the owner, and he seemed to have the same vulgar sense of humour as me. We exchanged a bunch of txts, guy-like txts, about how sexy the bike is, how many supermodels you could fit on it, etc. Came time to give him an offer and he had it listed to sel quickly at $7500. I thought long and hard (pun intended), and offered him....

$6969.69 and he took it.

Joke was on me when I had to ask some young female bank teller for a certified cheque in that amount.

Yup..38 years old, going on 12.

Just sold my GS, going to have to go 12 hours without having a bike in the garage, and then hoping to pick up the new one Saturday.

Funny, SF gave me a price that was the exact same as what I'm paying with Jevco on my 2005GS500, though I have my home with them and I'm over 35. If I get a car and insure it with them, it'll end up being $20/month less than what Jevco wanted.

I'm 19 lol. Been licensed since 16 with no accidents/tickets. They refuse to insure anyone who hasnt had their license for 5 years..which is impossible to do until your 21.

I've asked my friend outright if I can take his Gixxer on the track and he said no. Not because he thinks I'd abuse it or anything, but because he thinks track-prepping would be too much work. So I said I'd do all the track prep myself. Hell, I had the CBR prepping down to a science. 20 minutes and it was ready. So we'll see what happens next summer and if I can convince him.

I've asked my friend outright if I can take his Gixxer on the track and he said no. Not because he thinks I'd abuse it or anything, but because he thinks track-prepping would be too much work. So I said I'd do all the track prep myself. Hell, I had the CBR prepping down to a science. 20 minutes and it was ready. So we'll see what happens next summer and if I can convince him.
If you decide to take the mirrors off instead of just taping them then its a pain, if you leave the mirrors on then no problem. Unplugging the lights is easy and changing the coolant for water is also very easy (3 screws) but if you don't know how and don't have everything set to do the job it can take a long time.

Personally, I wouldn't take anybody's bike for a ride let alone on a track day.
Too much risk/responsibility, what happens if you lowside/highside and smash the bike to pieces?
If it's my bike, I'll take the risk, someone else's... not so much!

@ ZX600: I did the coolant flush and Water Wetter on my bike. It's probably not that much different on a Gix. :)

@ 2live&ride: He's already crashed it twice. Besides, he also dropped my CBR. I gotta pay him back for that! Heh heh! I'm kidding. I wouldn't intentionally damage someone's bike.

@ ZX600: I did the coolant flush and Water Wetter on my bike. It's probably not that much different on a Gix. :)

@ 2live&ride: He's already crashed it twice. Besides, he also dropped my CBR. I gotta pay him back for that! Heh heh! I'm kidding. I wouldn't intentionally damage someone's bike.

You'll have fun. It won't feel like such a kitty cat after that. I did a few track days on a lightly modded '07 GSXR 750 and I'm fully confident pushing my limits on that thing (even after a nice lowside on tires that weren't warm enough). Then I took my 1000 to the track and all those mistakes that don't show up on a 600/750 become VERY apparent. I held my own even though my bike scared me most sessions but I'm not too proud to say my 1000 is a much better bike than I am rider. I wouldn't trade my 1000 for anything on the street though (just so much fun when you want to play).

What year was the bike and how many k's?

2008 with 20k kms. Lots of mods. Took it to get safetied today and needs a lil work but nothing I wasn't aware of. Would have helped if the seller told me he reversed the gear shift to be 1 up and 5 down. Took some getting used to!

And goood lord these gixxers kick ***. They just hug the road, and despite it being 3x the bike my old GS was, I feel much safer on it.

Nice...
It's very easy to reverse it back, if you don't like it all you need is a 10mm wrench and you're good to go.
Congrats on the purchase!

meh.

To me the current gixxers look more or less like every other SS bike on the market.

BUT...a nice 86 1100 still gives me serious wood.

You just can't buy that kind of cool anymore.

2008 with 20k kms. Lots of mods. Took it to get safetied today and needs a lil work but nothing I wasn't aware of. Would have helped if the seller told me he reversed the gear shift to be 1 up and 5 down. Took some getting used to!

And goood lord these gixxers kick ***. They just hug the road, and despite it being 3x the bike my old GS was, I feel much safer on it.
Are you aware that bike was probably a track bike?

unless the seller had a dedicated track bike and only did that on his street bike to get used to.

about to roll 50,000 km on my 07 750 and still as in love with that bike as the day I bought it

Are you aware that bike was probably a track bike?

unless the seller had a dedicated track bike and only did that on his street bike to get used to.

Seller had 2 other track bikes and only did it to his street bike as that's what he was used to.

Gixxers are nice bikes and good value. Unforunately they have a bad reputation with the newb squids but don't let that defer you from buying one if the bike is a good fit for you. The 750 model is also a very nice intermediate step between a liter and a 600.

LOL I saw you become a hardcore squid when we swapped bikes at the forks. Hopefully on next weekend the weather is still good, so you can try the new beast...

I have an 07 and love it....mods-sato rear set, sprocket up graded with gold chain ,braided lines, jardine gp1 (crazy sound),pazzos real :), pwr commander, risumo res.....

bikes awesome..looks amazing n performs amazing. Only thing is she runs super hot in traffic.

Was in Brampton Powersports a few weeks ago, with the gixxers, you get more bike for your buck, and they are cheaper than the R6s and CBRs

Back
Top Bottom