I can see why people like Gixxers | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

I can see why people like Gixxers

Been married to Suzuki for a very long time. Gixxers have never let me down. I like the "fat" feeling vs. the skeletal feeling of other SS bikes as I'm tall. It feels like there's a lot under me. The pros call it the "sit-in factor" that Suzuki has over the others. A lot of people are complaining about the '12 Gixx being the same. '09 was a complete revamp of the Gixx...it just went unnoticed as the recession hit North America. The only carry-over from the 08 Gixx to the 09 Gixx was the fuel cap.

As far as electronics go, it pains me to see bikes going through what Formula One went through in the nineties and ended up spitting out. They had them so filled with electronics that a lay-person could drive an F1 car. Just sit in the seat, hold the throttle wide open and go. This is hitting the bike scene now and it sucks IMO. Traction control and ABS should be in your brain. Josh Hayes won AMA Championship once again with no electronics over bikes lwith TC and ABS. TC on a bike is very complicated due to the shrinking radius of the tires in cornering. Most developers are doing it just because they can. While most people love electronics, it makes for boring racing, and it's sad to see it entering all the classes of racing knowing that in few years it'll all be removed.

Some Suzuki guys are being drawn to BMW, and it's quite obvious that BMW is targeting Suzuki GSX-R riders (stealing the Rizla blue). I hope the Gixxer continues to evolve slowly and not radically as it's still hands-down the best bike for the buck, and a pleasure to ride. Above 10K separates the men from the boys (or girls in Stormcat's case). It turns from a teddy bear to a very scary beast. The comfort becomes a false sense of security. Hang on for your life! :)

Last edited:
As much as I hate to admit, I would recommend this bike to anyone.

This means you need to ask the mods to change your name now. :lmao:

All this Gixxer talk has got me thinking...

187947_106043532814443_2673863_n.jpg

STATEFARM Y U NO LET ME RIDE SS?

This thread warms my heart. Why? I just dropped off a cheque for a 2008 GSXR750..the sexy copper/orange colour.

Time for an entire winter of sitting on it in my garage making "vroom vroom" sounds!

STATEFARM Y U NO LET ME RIDE SS?

Funny, SF gave me a price that was the exact same as what I'm paying with Jevco on my 2005GS500, though I have my home with them and I'm over 35. If I get a car and insure it with them, it'll end up being $20/month less than what Jevco wanted.

This thread warms my heart. Why? I just dropped off a cheque for a 2008 GSXR750..the sexy copper/orange colour.

Time for an entire winter of sitting on it in my garage making "vroom vroom" sounds!

That's the worst, I bought my gsxr in the winter. Coming home and seeing it sitting in my garage drove me nuts.

Ahhhhhh... pre-bulbous front end. The new front end design would keep me from buying a brand new one.

Ahhhhhh... pre-bulbous front end. The new front end design would keep me from buying a brand new one.

Between 06-11, the 06/07 was the nicest... though I don't mind the 08-10, really sexy lines and the front end looks really nice.
However, I think the '11 is a complete disaster!
I'm talking about the 600/750's... It took me a while to like the new 1000 but I really dig it!

Oh yeah? What wax do you use? I have a hard time with blue as it is.
Btw how's the akra? I've got a leo Vince SO and find it a bit too loud.

Just regular auto wax, the one I use is auto glym. Love the Akra sounds damn mean, but she's loud too!! Definitely gotta wear the ear plugs! I've been thinking of putting the silencer back in , lol

Last edited:
Just regular auto wax, the one I use is auto glym. Love the sounds damn mean, but she's loud too!! Definitely gotta wear the ear plugs! I've been thinking of putting the silencer back in , lol

Is that a slip-on or a full exhaust?

This means you need to ask the mods to change your name now. :lmao:
nope, I will always be zx600....unless the mods perma ban me, then I'll come back as Yetti 2 :)

Also, once any other brand comes up with a better 750, I will probably switch again, got my eye on the 2011 zx10, but unless a minivan hits me again it ain't happening anytime soon

Last edited:
Cool... I got the same pipe on mine and I'm thinking of selling it to get the full exhaust...
Still debating though!

Last edited:
Damn a full exhaust? For what sound or performance? Do you really need that for a street bike?
Save it for a track bike;).
Btw we should do the racer5 next season!

Still not decided on the exhaust...
I'll most probably start with the racer5 program and see what happens from there.
I'll be at the Jan. show, if you're going let me know, we can meet up there!

Back
Top Bottom