Hyosung GT250R custom engine | Page 4 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Hyosung GT250R custom engine

How old are you? Many old and wise people are providing you very good information. You are persisting on following a path that can literally ruin the rest of your life financially for two years of more fun now (you can have fun without the financial risk, just not at the power you are looking for).
I read my last post and it was more of a shower thought than anything. I felt like I was trapped because I couldn't have fun on the bike without worrying it would get damaged (which it ended up anyways). I did have a chat with my folks in the last 26 minutes.

I decided that I will keep my 2009 fz6r since I have 2 more years of open loan on it anyways. You guys are all right this was a foolish idea; as it could just make things even worse. My insurance was decreased to $484/mo in the mail box letter I got last week and it will go even lower if I pay off the loan, therefore my course of action is to cancel my insurance (just put a hold on it) and pay off what I have left on the bike quickly then get insured on the bike when I don't need full coverage.

As you asked earlier I'm a 21 year old college engineer, a very impulsive one at that. I'm sorry for wasting everyone's time.

Last edited:
I read my last post and it was more of a shower thought than anything. I felt like I was trapped because I couldn't have fun on the bike without worrying it would get damaged (which it ended up anyways). I did have a chat with my folks in the last 26 minutes.

I decided that I will keep my 2009 fz6r since I have 2 more years of open loan on it anyways. You guys are all right this was a foolish idea; as it could just make things even worse. My insurance was decreased to $484/mo in the mail box letter I got last week and it will go even lower if I pay off the loan, therefore my course of action is to cancel my insurance (just put a hold on it) and pay off what I have left on the bike quickly then get insured on the bike when I don't need full coverage.

As you asked earlier I'm a 21 year old college engineer, a very impulsive one at that. I'm sorry for wasting everyone time.
If you have two more years of loan payments on am 11 year old bike, paying that off quickly is a great first step. Try to keep the toy budget to money you have, not money from the future. The market is about to be flooded with toys bought with future money that may not materialize.

As you asked earlier I'm a 21 year old college engineer, a very impulsive one at that. I'm sorry for wasting everyone time.
Learning is never a waste.
thank you.

If you have two more years of loan payments on am 11 year old bike, paying that off quickly is a great first step. Try to keep the toy budget to money you have, not money from the future. The market is about to be flooded with toys bought with future money that may not materialize.
You a very right sir. I should've just got a smaller bike if I wanted cheaper insurance but I already have "bumblebee" so why get rid of something I already named. Have a great day.

As you asked earlier I'm a 21 year old college engineer, a very impulsive one at that. I'm sorry for wasting everyone's time.

No ones gonna rake you for this.. I’m actually surprised that you’re paying 500/month is that policy paid over 6 months? Cause that makes a bit more sense.. mine is over 6 months and they sell it as a benefit. Stupid imo, id rather pay over 12 months. Especially for the ZX6R that one is pricey.. And I assume comprehensive because of the loan?

and never tailgate. Even if you don't hit the guy ahead you can also hit something he straddled :| like oh say a wheel, a step ladder, a truck drive shaft, a porcupine, etc. etc.

No ones gonna rake you for this.. I’m actually surprised that you’re paying 500/month is that policy paid over 6 months? Cause that makes a bit more sense.. mine is over 6 months and they sell it as a benefit. Stupid imo, id rather pay over 12 months. Especially for the ZX6R that one is pricey.. And I assume comprehensive because of the loan?
No it's for 11 months. No insurance company will take after I crashed my 2007 Ninja 250 back in 2018 of July. The only company was ALPHA insurance brokers. If anyone knows a company who will take someone who hasn't crashed in 2 years that would be great. I'm considered high risk so no one will take me.

and never tailgate. Even if you don't hit the guy ahead you can also hit something he straddled :| like oh say a wheel, a step ladder, a truck drive shaft, a porcupine, etc. etc.
You are right I will never do that again! I leave a whole car length of the vehicle in front of me.

In the theme of the turn this thread has taken.
A bike I really really want to test ride this summer if possible is the 390 Duke.
I think that looks like a really fun bike.
I really like the entire Duke line to be honest. Although I’ve never ridden one.
only Naked I’ve ridden is 2019 MT09
only Ktm I’ve ridden is my 1190 adv

Highly recommend you do continue with that interest in custom engine building :cool:

No it's for 11 months. No insurance company will take after I crashed my 2007 Ninja 250 back in 2018 of July. The only company was ALPHA insurance brokers. If anyone knows a company who will take someone who hasn't crashed in 2 years that would be great. I'm considered high risk so no one will take me.
Oh I must have misread thought you said you messed up the bike but just fixed it yourself

Oh wow sorry to hear that. I did only plan to ride it for 2 years then tell them about the engine swap. I would stay away from main roads and I won't even go on the highway unless absolutely necessary. I just can't afford the high insurance anymore. I will own up to it if anything happens.

It's too late at that point.

You are right I will never do that again! I leave a whole car length of the vehicle in front of me.

??

Some additional rider training may be in order before you do ANYTHING else involving 2 wheels.

If the bike is financed you can't cancel insurance or it is a default on the loan conditions. You will immediately owe the full balance once you cancel, or they will reposses the bike and sell it you will still owe the difference between what they sell it for and what you owe.

Sent from my moto g(7) plus using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom