Howdy from Pickering | GTAMotorcycle.com

Howdy from Pickering

K-Clive

Yosh4-1.jpg
Hi Y'ALL
Just signed up and was looking for a 4 gauge manometer to setup 4 cyl 2001 Suzuki GSX1300R@30k km, after a bunch of changes to exhaust etc. Yoshimura 4to1 pipe, PAIR removed (40lbs!) and K&N filter. I need to sync throttle bodies and check TPS, regular stuff.
Using this as a touring bike with huge tail and tank bags. Regular rider from April to November - old, not dead! Cheers Clive

Welcome! Old man seems to know his stuff!

Sent from my SM-G781W using Tapatalk

Thanks folks!
I found a 4-pot manometer, just finished the engine fluids, airbox and filter clean, spark plugs, brake pads, etc.
Now to sync the throttle bodies - I think I will go for a dyno run next, just to see how close or far off I have it.
After 20 years of a horrible factory setup, gross exhaust, cats, running lean, pulsed air injection pollution stuff - Ginny has a new life...
throttle response, gas mileage, perfect manners - what a great bike
I am looking for a post 2002 (?) 2003-2007 ECU and flywheel - it changed from 16 bit to 32 bit and can be programmed for better tuning.

Looking forward to some biking 2021 - hope to meetup at some future venue

I don't know how fast I am going, can't see any of that stuff!

Cheers

CliveGinnyJunk.JPG

Old skool Kerker nice.
I think you would be better off with saddle bags, that tank bag set up would be too much for me.

Old skool Kerker nice.
I think you would be better off with saddle bags, that tank bag set up would be too much for me.
Actually they work good. You can lean forward on them and it's quite comfy. Only problem is going lock to lock and having the bag bumping the horn or start button.

Good news, bad news story...
Good news: I have new plugs, fluids, clean filter and airbox - ready for a good thrashing.
Bad news:
"I found a manometer" - my buddy bought a really stupid cheap Chinese set of 4x gauges
We hooked it up and the needles jumped around like a bunch of ferrets on coke!
You can't setup anything with this junk...
I'm including a PIC of what not to buy or bother trying. Amazon I think...?

So, now I'm calling Denny @ Twin Seasons in Georgetown - he has a dyno and manometer and I will get him to check it out for me.

Yikes!

Gauges.JPG

Old skool Kerker nice.
The KERKER is now adapted to my YOSH 4to1 single can.
It is a home brew, I hacked the mid-pipe out of the right side stock exhaust and they fit.
Inside that pipe on the stock exhaust is really small bore glass pack muffler - I was a bit shocked.

I came from BMWs and the big fatty bags caused me issues in traffic so, I adapted the tank and tail bags and I'm so much happier.
If the handlebars and mirrors fit, I fit through the same gap.
I have a net to hold stuff in the tail bag and it can be open with stuff sitting in there no problems.
Don't really miss looking at the speedometer - I'm always speeding and pretty much know the speed by feel.
If it sounds angry, you are going to get in trouble soon.
Works for me!

Welcome to the forum, young fella! When you say, "I don't know how fast I am going, can't see any of that stuff!",
you remind me of a problem I had a few years ago, which I solved for $1 plus tax. While riding, I could see that
the dashboard contained a number of round things, but they were so blurry that they told me nothing.

I selected a pair of reading glasses that made the gauges readable, discarded the frames, and taped the
two naked lenses inside my helmet's flip-up visor, below my line of vision while in motion. I drilled four tiny
holes through the lenses and the plastic visor, then discarded the tape and used three little pieces of wire to
fasten the lenses to the visor, with the cut ends all inside. The result looks goofy, but I can look downward
and through the lenses to see the gauges, or else raise the visor a tad and look at them directly. The holes
do not let noticeable amounts of weather through, and the lenses stay reasonably clean for quite a while.

As they say, your results may vary ... or perhaps I misunderstood your remark.

Salos Dafee

Welcome to the forum, young fella! When you say, "I don't know how fast I am going, can't see any of that stuff!",
you remind me of a problem I had a few years ago, which I solved for $1 plus tax.

As they say, your results may vary ... or perhaps I misunderstood your remark.
I think it might just be the tank bag covering the field of vision from the above set-up :)

I think it might just be the tank bag covering the field of vision from the above set-up :)The

The tank bag is so much in the way... nice save with the helmet lid readers.
I too need readers - for fine print - I can still see gauges so far but, it gets tougher all the time

Hey, I just noticed SV650 - there is a guy selling a full Yoshimura exhaust system for $400!
Owen Sound -> Full system Yoshimura exhaust 2004 suzuki sv lo | Motorcycle Parts & Accessories | Owen Sound | Kijiji

The old Clymer manuals told you how to build your own manometer with 4 baby food jars, a hank of wood and a bunch of tubing. The reading isn't important -just that they're all the same.

Oh Hey now! Good news...

I figured somebody would, that was a good deal eh?

So I guess nobody has a manometer in the fair city Toronto?

It's pretty tough going with all the lockdown stuff...
I guess it's time for me to shutup and ride it like ya stole it!

Cheers!

Back
Top Bottom