How to verify if helmet is Authentic? | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

How to verify if helmet is Authentic?

and don't think they don't fake DOT , snell and ECE stickers either. They have been just caught recently with faking CSA stickers on equipment.

Any thing that can be faked will they just do a complete copy even including the owners manual.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

@Riceburner yeah it maybe the reason that the production in asia in much cheaper than in western country. Your also right it's up to us to check but the today is really hard to check if the item is really legit or not

Stay away from ANY safety gear from those places online , especially Helmets . Search here in canada or US for one on sale from reputable dealer fortnine usually got some good deals old stock discounted and gp will price match if not Bite the bullet and spend extra couple hundred on one here if you want that brand so you know what you got . You get what you pay for and if you spend 600 on that one only to wait 3-4 weeks for it to get to you in the mail only to realize its a knockoff then ur out all that cash and stuck with a knockoff .

...just like in the other thread, Aliexpress is a legit business, BUT stuff that isn't Chinese-branded (or Chinese brands) - most likely contraband/fake/knockoff.

The stuff I bought was made in Japan, so buying it somewhat "locally" was way cheaper than here. Not including the airfare to get there....lol.

@dr_sarcasm do you mean stuff that is Chinese-branded is most likely contraband/fake/knockoff?
If you do some reviews online - anything that is not a Chinese brand i.e. native to China is most likely a fake (a few sites have echoed this). Note that it's no different than Amazon i.e. you can get fakes on there as well (I had an acquaintance who bought a Canada Goose jacket on Amazon and was stumped when she found out it was fake...).

Any popular expensive brand will have extremely convincing fakes. You can't tell the difference unless you know what to look for usually. Just the way it is.

I know someone with a fake CG jacket and the only way to tell just by looking at it is the interior stitching and a few other small differences.

Any popular expensive brand will have extremely convincing fakes. You can't tell the difference unless you know what to look for usually. Just the way it is.

I know someone with a fake CG jacket and the only way to tell just by looking at it is the interior stitching and a few other small differences.

Yup, my acquaintance only found out it was a fake due to the lack of the polar bear holographic sticker on the inside of the CG jacket i.e. fakes only have a the sticker which looks like a holograph; a true CG will have the holograph of a polar bear.

Back OT - OP, don't mess with your protection, buy from a verified retailer, the peace of mind is worth it.

Ok so I found the item in a Japanese website and from what I saw this site is a legit seller and is selling motorcycle gears and is a reputable site in Japan. The only problem is you cannot ask them to deliver outside Japan. They only ask for the city in Japan other than that it's impossible to order and export it. And this only cost around 500usd if converted. So I guess the price in Aliexpress is somewhat legit considering that if purchased in Japan is a lot cheaper

Buying safety-related equipment from other markets is risky. Even if we assume that it is a "legit" Arai (although one meant for a different market) ... That it was meant for a non-North-America and non-European market and does not have the required compliance markings for this market, opens up the possibility of tickets, insurance and liability problems, etc.

It's only recently that Ontario started accepting the European standard ECE-2205 ... and that isn't accepted in the USA.

Legally, a helmet without the required compliance markings is the same as no helmet at all. It matters nought that the helmet itself is very likely exactly the same. No required compliance markings (or forged markings!) ... not legal.

Not worth messing around. Buy one that has legit DOT marking. If you plan to travel to Europe and use your helmet, buy one that has ECE-2205 marking. (DOT means nothing there. Same situation as above ...) Best bet is one that has both DOT and ECE-2205.

I'm thinking of purchasing my Arai helmet and I have been browsing for days for a cheaper arai helmet. All of he helmet that is in http://revzilla.com is selling the Arai RX-7x helmet for 881 usd and same with Amazon. So basically almost all seller is selling this helmet for a 800+usd. But I found the same helmet in Aliexpress which only sold for 600+usd. I'm not sure if this is legit. Here is the link [Aliexpress Arai Helmet Here] but I'm not sure if this is a legit helmet or just some cheap knockoff helmet. Any idea on how to spot a fake and a legit? and how to know if the seller is legit? I saw his rating and he has like 90+% positive rating that's why I thought maybe he sell a legit helmet but the price of only 600usd is kinda fishy. But it would be great if this is actually a legit helmet
Why not buy from gp bikes or royal or riders choice you can try it on make sure it fits.

the bag says Made in Japan. How much cheaper is one bought in Japan vs in the west? That might be the savings there. Bought stuff in the east on visits that were a third cheaper than locally.

OP for what it's worth that is a legit Arai helmet for another market. They call them RX7-X overseas and Corsair-X in North America.
I have contacted Arai previously to ask about the differences and they said the fit is different between the different markets and would not elaborate further. You will also not have at DOT or local NA safety cert sticker on that helmet in the link (if that matters to you).

I was recently in Tokyo and purchased a Nagasuga RX7-X. I could not tell the difference in fit in comparison to the same size Corsair-X I previously purchased locally in Toronto. I believe it is the same helmet but with a local JPN safety certification. It was roughly half of what I would have paid for the same helmet here in Canada after taxes. The store is called NAPS. Do a search. If you're in Japan and don't care about a DOT sticker then go for it. Otherwise after shipping and import fees/taxes it probably makes more sense to support your local retailer.

I was recently in Tokyo and purchased a Nagasuga RX7-X. I could not tell the difference in fit in comparison to the same size Corsair-X I previously purchased locally in Toronto. I believe it is the same helmet but with a local JPN safety certification. It was roughly half of what I would have paid for the same helmet here in Canada after taxes. The store is called NAPS. Do a search. If you're in Japan and don't care about a DOT sticker then go for it. Otherwise after shipping and import fees/taxes it probably makes more sense to support your local retailer.

Yeah I saw this site and wanted to purchase from that site but they don't offer any shipping to the Philippines (my country). And your right the price is half of what is offered in Revzilla. It only worth 500usd

There’s a guy on ADV rider who sells new high end helmets for decent prices. He’ll sell to Canadians too (most US retailers won’t ship some brand helmets across the border). Got a feeling his helmets are Shoei though.

Back
Top Bottom