How to get TV Channels with antenna | GTAMotorcycle.com

How to get TV Channels with antenna

cbcanada

Banned
Does anyone have a set up that works for picking up tv channels with an indoor antenna? Or outdoor?

I tried a $40 indoor antenna from the source and its garbage

Well you're in Pickering... of course it will be "Garbage".

go here
http://www.tvfool.com/index.php?option=com_wrapper&Itemid=29
and you'll find out what you can get and what kind of antenna you need.

You can also see a map
http://www.tvfool.com/index.php?option=com_wrapper&Itemid=90

Well i actually just moved to oshawa!

That website is helpful thanks. It seems that i need a rooftop antenna and i can get 20 channels.

My hdtv is older model, it is the first 1080p to come out. Not sure if it has a digital tuner, how can you tell?

I used to install these. There are huge threads on OTA on RFD and digitalhome forums (although I hate DH forum and its retarded mods).

Being in Oshawa, obviously if you are not blocked by buildings/trees from CN Tower and the lake, you should receive 30+ HD channels. We always got the best results (with roof mounted antennas obviously) in Oshawa compared to all other regions; friend is receiving close to 40 on a good day - Rochester/Buffalo/Grand Island/Toronto transmitters/Hamilton and sometimes Syracuse. I receive 30 HD channels stable in Etobicoke.

That website is helpful thanks. It seems that i need a rooftop antenna and i can get 20 channels.

My hdtv is older model, it is the first 1080p to come out. Not sure if it has a digital tuner, how can you tell?

Check your TV manual. It should say ATSC tuner. If it doesn't have one, you need to get a stand-alone box. The best one used to be (and probably still is) Samsung DTB-H260F

Check your TV manual. It should say ATSC tuner. If it doesn't have one, you need to get a stand-alone box. The best one used to be (and probably still is) Samsung DTB-H260F

I dont have my tv manual. But i googled the model sharp lc-42d65u and it says it has atsc tuner.

With my indoor antenna however i was only able to get 3 channels that you can actually watch.

With my indoor antenna however i was only able to get 3 channels that you can actually watch.

It's over-the-air signal. Line of sight is important. You need to have unblocked line of sight. Therefore, your elevation/antenna height is crazy important. That's why roof-mounted setup is so much better than any indoor antenna.

If it has the letters "HDTV" then by law it has to have a ATSC tunner.

I picked up a $100 indoor/outdoor HD Antenna from WorstBuy...... I have about 20 channels. All the local ones: CBC, ABC, CityTV, OMNI1, OMNI2, PBS, NBC, Global, CBC French, TVO and a few more.

Considering all I watch on TV is the news and sports, it's all I need. Pretty reliable too, even in crappy weather.

I picked up a $100 indoor/outdoor HD Antenna from WorstBuy...... I have about 20 channels. All the local ones: CBC, ABC, CityTV, OMNI1, OMNI2, PBS, NBC, Global, CBC French, TVO and a few more.

Considering all I watch on TV is the news and sports, it's all I need. Pretty reliable too, even in crappy weather.

The number of channels you receive is very location specific. You can receive 20 channels, and someone a kilometer down the road will receive 3. It's all dependent on elevation and on stuff blocking your signal path. So without posting your location, such info is useless. TVfool, as previously posted, at least will give you an idea of how many channels you can receive with different antenna types.

The number of channels you receive is very location specific. You can receive 20 channels, and someone a kilometer down the road will receive 3. It's all dependent on elevation and on stuff blocking your signal path. So without posting your location, such info is useless. TVfool, as previously posted, at least will give you an idea of how many channels you can receive with different antenna types.

Mississauga/Oakville border near 403/Dundas Timmies. The antenna is facing West inside my house at the most west-ward point. I would probably get more channels if I relocated it to the roof.

Back
Top Bottom