How to converting (2 small front) running lights to signal lights >> 2006 SV650S???? | GTAMotorcycle.com

How to converting (2 small front) running lights to signal lights >> 2006 SV650S????

pablo88

How to converting (2 small front) running lights to signal lights >> 2006 SV650S????

Would somebody please tell (instructions) me how to do this?? Or Can I just do as per attachment pic??:confused::confused:

TIA

Attachments

• running_to_turn.jpg
    running_to_turn.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 38
Re: How to converting (2 small front) running lights to signal lights >> 2006 SV650S?

That's the idea.

Re: How to converting (2 small front) running lights to signal lights >> 2006 SV650S?

I wanted to note that this works only if you're interested in converting your running lights into turn signals.

There is a way to convert your running lights into turn signals while maintaining the running-light feature when the signals are not activated; you must do the following:

running_to_turn.jpg

Instead of splicing the running-light hot wire, splice the ground into the turn-signal hot wire. This way whenever the signal is not activated, the turn-signal hot wire will act like the ground (for the running lights). When the signals are activated, the running lights would turn off (due to a 12v to 12v differential = 0v).

The only 'drawback' is that the turn signals and running lights would alternate when the signals are activated (as the turn-signal lights up, the running light turns off, and vice versa)

Attachments

• running_to_turn.jpg
    running_to_turn.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 10
  • running_to_turn.jpg
    running_to_turn.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:

I wanted to note that this works only if you're interested in converting your running lights into turn signals.

There is a way to convert your running lights into turn signals while maintaining the running-light feature when the signals are not activated; you must do the following:

View attachment 26825

Instead of splicing the running-light hot wire, splice the ground into the turn-signal hot wire. This way whenever the signal is not activated, the turn-signal hot wire will act like the ground (for the running lights). When the signals are activated, the running lights would turn off (due to a 12v to 12v differential = 0v).

The only 'drawback' is that the turn signals and running lights would alternate when the signals are activated (as the turn-signal lights up, the running light turns off, and vice versa)

If you want them to do both running lights and signals you should change the bulbs out to dual filament, then you can wire them to be both without issues.

A dual-filament bulb would definitely work in this situation, though it would take a lot more work.

For what I previously suggested, all you need to do is redirect a single wire to achieve the running-light/turn-signal capability.

A dual-filament bulb would definitely work in this situation, though it would take a lot more work.

For what I previously suggested, all you need to do is redirect a single wire to achieve the running-light/turn-signal capability.

All you need to do it get dual filament bulbs and sockets, redirect one extra wire compared to your way...Its the proper way to have both without a delay or funky flash rate....

To each their own :cool:

Both are effective ways to maintain a running light with signals.

One thing to also keep in mind is that a dual-filament signal (alternating on/dim) would not be as clear to on-coming drivers as a single filament (alternating on/off) due to the proximity of the headlights.

One thing to also keep in mind is that a dual-filament signal (alternating on/dim) would not be as clear to on-coming drivers as a single filament (alternating on/off) due to the proximity of the headlights.

Except for the fact that like you said your not maintaining both, because the running light turns off when you activate the signals...

It works I get you....Just prefer to do it differently

Back
Top Bottom