How much do you pay for insurance? | Page 17 | GTAMotorcycle.com

How much do you pay for insurance?

$100 for the MX and $675 for the FZ09 annually
Honestly pretty decent considering I’m in Scarborough. Being mid 40s with >6yrs experience helps a lot

Sent from my iPhone using GTAMotorcycle.com

Just received my renewal.
Age - 51
Years licensed - 4
Mississauga postal code
2022 Ducati Supersport 950S
1300.00, down from 1500.00
I have upgraded every part of the policy that they will let me upgrade. Bodily injury, income replacement. etc
Which company is that with?

Yah Echelon is good, you need a Broker to connect to them.

As i recall they also have a vast list of blacklisted models

Going through the quote request process with broker line right now. Initial numbers are cheaper than what i am paying now, but want to make sure i am comparing like-for-like.

See how this goes...
Brokerlink quoting 50% off the rate i am currently paying, like-for-like.

Sweet...

I called BrokerLink and they were not able to get me any quotes for my 636 which is interesting because they found coverage for @p3@ch's S1000RR.

I called BrokerLink and they were not able to get me any quotes for my 636 which is interesting because they found coverage for @p3@ch's S1000RR.
Insurers hate the words Ninja, R and Plastic over all else. Blame those putting the model into guard rails.

Brokerlink quoting 50% off the rate i am currently paying, like-for-like.

Sweet...
WTF.
What is it about me or my bike that they don't like.???

My Tenere was $1600 at TD.Asked for a quote on the Ural, and they said no.35 years with them. Buh bye.Personal quoted $1200. Sounds good. Desjardins quoted $2860!

My Tenere was $1600 at TD.Asked for a quote on the Ural, and they said no.35 years with them. Buh bye.Personal quoted $1200. Sounds good. Desjardins quoted $2860!
So many folks are afaid to vote with their feet. "I know it's expensive but I've been with them for years...."

Well I have a slightly different angle here. Back in 2021 I cancelled my insurance when I received a renewal quote of nearly $1000 for the year. I had received a 15km over speeding ticket the previous fall in my car and was apparently now the least wanted insurance customer in that company's mind. Now that quote was for a rider with 40+ years of unbroken riding experience with $1M liability and accident benefits, (no collision or fire and theft coverage). After cancelling, I tried to sell the bike but had no takers. So I just parked it in the garage for a year.

In the spring of 2022 I decided to give my auto and home insurer a try. They came back with a quote of $701 for the same coverage, which was much more agreeable so I was back on the road. Imagine my surprise when their quote in March 2023 came in at just $677. I was pleased with that number, but before that policy even took effect they sent another revised policy renewal. The news got even better because it was revised downwards to $615! This is the same coverage as two years ago, same rider, same record, $1M liability plus accident benefits, but no collision or fire and theft.

It boggles the mind how these numbers can go up and more surprisingly down by so much when the coverage and rider remain the exact same.

Well I have a slightly different angle here. Back in 2021 I cancelled my insurance when I received a renewal quote of nearly $1000 for the year. I had received a 15km over speeding ticket the previous fall in my car and was apparently now the least wanted insurance customer in that company's mind. Now that quote was for a rider with 40+ years of unbroken riding experience with $1M liability and accident benefits, (no collision or fire and theft coverage). After cancelling, I tried to sell the bike but had no takers. So I just parked it in the garage for a year.

In the spring of 2022 I decided to give my auto and home insurer a try. They came back with a quote of $701 for the same coverage, which was much more agreeable so I was back on the road. Imagine my surprise when their quote in March 2023 came in at just $677. I was pleased with that number, but before that policy even took effect they sent another revised policy renewal. The news got even better because it was revised downwards to $615! This is the same coverage as two years ago, same rider, same record, $1M liability plus accident benefits, but no collision or fire and theft.

It boggles the mind how these numbers can go up and more surprisingly down by so much when the coverage and rider remain the exact same.
Your ticket in fall 2020 was adding a 10-20% surcharge. It likely disappeared.
Your bike is older.

So many folks are afaid to vote with their feet. "I know it's expensive but I've been with them for years...."
Agreed. Insurance companies do not care about you, they barely care about your payment(s) only their record profits.

I have a 2001 GSX750F, and pay too much for insurance, imo.
15 years experience, riding the same bike, no tickets, however it 5 years with my full M.
I also requested $7000 coverage to cover accessories and luggage with custom mounts in case of loss or damage. But this only increased my payment by about $200.
My annual insurance is $1170 through Intact via Hub International.

Back
Top Bottom