How much do you pay for insurance? | Page 15 | GTAMotorcycle.com

How much do you pay for insurance?

Switched to Pembridge, in total getting more for less. Got the policy from Matt, check him out at Billyard Insurance Group
That's who I have. Just got a call from him, he switched me from Pembridge to Wawanesa, now its down to $1500-something per year.....he said what helped was that they classify my Tracer 900 as sport touring, so I'm wondering if Allstate classed it as a sport bike. Also, I have my car with CAA and now I can go thru him for that as well, with no change in premium and still staying with CAA.

I have gleaned from this thread that Wawansea may be a good option for older (over 50) riders like myself looking for "sport touring" insurance. Would anyone be so kind as to recommend a broker for this company and or any other insurance company/broker which may offer competitive pricing for my age, riding experience and bike category. The best quotes I have seen (and the easiest to obtain online) are from TD: 600cc Bandit, 650 V-strom, $650 annually. 1000cc V-strom, GSX1250FA, $1100 annually. Thanks.

I have gleaned from this thread that Wawansea may be a good option for older (over 50) riders like myself looking for "sport touring" insurance. Would anyone be so kind as to recommend a broker for this company and or any other insurance company/broker which may offer competitive pricing for my age, riding experience and bike category. The best quotes I have seen (and the easiest to obtain online) are from TD: 600cc Bandit, 650 V-strom, $650 annually. 1000cc V-strom, GSX1250FA, $1100 annually. Thanks.

Message NFP moto just a few posts above.

If you're shopping around for insurance this year I'd give All-State a call.

I was paying 3K a year with Desjardins insurance for a 2010 Hayabusa with an "at fault" accident 9 years ago. It's 10 years and off my record now, and they were willing to shave off $120 a year. I called All-State who insured me for $800 a year.

Just bound a policy for a 2018 CB500F for $650 annually; $1 million liability, all perils $500 deductible. I have my car and home with them also for bundling discounts. Only got my M2 again recently, but have riding experience from years ago. With TD Insurance.

If one has two bikes on the same policy, is it a viable strategy to take one of the bikes off the policy during the winter months (risking fire/theft)? I know they punish you if you try to cancel the policy altogether, but I would still save several hundred dollars by doing this

If one has two bikes on the same policy, is it a viable strategy to take one of the bikes off the policy during the winter months (risking fire/theft)? I know they punish you if you try to cancel the policy altogether, but I would still save several hundred dollars by doing this
Usually no, if you look into your policy, they charge almost nothing for the winter months.

It usually looks something like this.....

Not worth.jpg

I've said it before. Isn't the answer always "too much".
Each of three bikes is about $500 /year - No fire, theft or collision.

Do you ride both? I’d leave one on fire and theft till I wanted to ride it anyways…

Paying about $80/year for my KTM, liability only. It is blue plated 😀
Get some pretty funny looks rolling up to Tim Hortons on a 2-stroke 300

How much more if you wanted comp? I know the "off road" bikes have super cheap insurance when blue plated.

Usually no, if you look into your policy, they charge almost nothing for the winter months.

It usually looks something like this.....
Thanks! I don't fully understand how this works though. I'm still paying my normal premium through the winter months. Is the implication that if I cancelled the policy for those months, that cost would be added to the premium when I re-instate it in Spring?

Do you ride both? I’d leave one on fire and theft till I wanted to ride it anyways…

That's no fun. I want to be able to hop on either bike any day or maybe even on the same day. It would suck majorly to have to make an awkward and annoying phone call every time I wanted to ride the 2nd one

How much more if you wanted comp? I know the "off road" bikes have super cheap insurance when blue plated.

I always wondered whether the policy was actually valid in these cases. If the insurer understands that the bike was modified and will be ridden on public roads, then awesome. If not, and they think it will only be used off-road, then there could be a big surprise in the event of a claim. This is partly why I went with a factory street-legal sumo.

Back
Top Bottom