How many motorcycles do you need ? | GTAMotorcycle.com

How many motorcycles do you need ?

nice bike, im always surprised at the number of RE fans outside of india

Touring bike for trips with the Squeeze
KLR for trips with the guys
Some kind of dirtbike for plunking about in the bush
A small commutor bike that could double as a intro to a few track days
Something vintage
Something to thrash at the drag strip (cause it's a rush even if you're just doing test and tune runs)

So I gotta say about six.

nice bike, im always surprised at the number of RE fans outside of india
You get the "Classic British touring experience" ... with a STARTER... for when it doesn't start... which is TOO often... which is part of the "Classic British touring experience".

Congrats

That's pretty awesome. Development by building and riding variations instead of pixie wrangling.

From your link:

"Royal Enfield’s test riders sampled specially-built test engines with a 180-degree crankpin layout (like Honda’s modern CB500s and Kawasaki’s 400 and 650 cc parallel twins), with a 360-degree layout (like the first-generation of Triumph’s new Bonneville), and with a 270-degree layout (like current Triumph Bonnies and Yamaha’s MT-07 twins). They unanimously agreed that the 270-degree crank provided the best torque characteristics, with a broad spread of power throughout the rev range, and it also produced the best sound."

At one time I had five bikes, some vintage versions. Aside from the pain of getting the insurance sorted out on them, they kept me from riding so many times due to the need of tweaking of them prior to riding. My riding Buds even stopped calling me.

Down to two now and spending more time riding than working on them, plus lots of garage space for my other stupid projects,

Looked into 1 of those Int650's a few weeks ago but decided the Triumph Street Twin was more my liking ... and then that urge died and now it's a Triumph Speedmaster for 2 up riding ... but that urge is also dying as my head rationalizes over my heart.

Let us know what you think once you've gotten it.

Reactions: TK4
My heart says i wish i have two. One for daily driving (beater) and one for leisure (SS). But my mind and wife says only one and if its broken then don't ride it. We have a car for that. :)

Back
Top Bottom