How many KM before you're in the club. | GTAMotorcycle.com

How many KM before you're in the club.

puttockc

How many KM per week/month/year is the minimum before you're part of the "Real Rider" club?

I see sport bikes that are a few years old and under 5000 km. I wonder who these people are that drop $15,000 and let it sit like a depreciating art piece.

So what does the community think?

I'm at 1,400 km in 6 weeks since I took my bike out.

Sent from my my mobile using a strange app for damaged people

Bro, you can't put an art piece in the rain

How many KM per week/month/year is the minimum before you're part of the "Real Rider" club?

I see sport bikes that are a few years old and under 5000 km. I wonder who these people are that drop $15,000 and let it sit like a depreciating art piece.

Can you believe some people? They don't even care enough to prove their self-worth by riding at least 200km/week. Poseurs, all of them.

400kms per weekend, every weekend from MAY to SEPT (8,000-10,000kms per season and your on a good start).

That figure doesnt apply to ADV riders that ride in snowstorms...

Who cares? Ride as much or as little as you want. If you are enjoying it then that is all that matters. Forget the labels and ride as often as you want.

Ya, who cares? So long as you look the part urine. Moto jacket with snap collar riding the bus? In. 1960's Smoking Jacket with floppy lapels? Out. Ya so forget the lapels and ride the bus often.

Go on a trip.

40d6cfda7817835c772ff49824fbf508.jpg

Go on a trip.

And if you can't afford one, crowdfund it.

To avoid hurting feelings, let me re-phrase that more accurately:

Fund the trip by crowdfunding sales of pictures you intend to take on said trip, or at least use that as the pretense to why you are crowdfunding.

Last edited:
Some people operate a motorcycle for hundreds of thousands of kilometers and never really learn; other people "get it" in a big hurry. It's not a matter of how many kilometers per year but rather the quality and intensity ... I put between 1000 and 2000 km (no speedo/odo) on my track bike every year but those are many times more valued than anything done on the road ...

And if you can't afford one, crowdfund it.

Thanks for bringing this up so that I can try to explain it to you again. I pre-sold photos that I would take on the trip. I was not asking for something for nothing. I can't make it any simpler for you, but you just like to pester me about this because of our different political and religious beliefs. If you were good naturedly ribbing me about this, it would be humorous, but i dont think thats what this is. It just shows how small a person you are.

If I'm wrong, and you just have a wicked sense of humour, then I apologize.

Last edited:
Thanks for bringing this up so that I can try to explain it to you again. I pre-sold photos that I would take on the trip. I was not asking for something for nothing. I can't make it any simpler for you, but you just like to pester me about this because of our different political and religious beliefs. If you were good naturedly ribbing me about this, it would be humorous, but i dont think thats what this is. It just shows how small a person you are.

If I'm wrong, and you just have a wicked sense of humour, then I apologize.

Yes, I enjoy ribbing you about your crowd funding endeavour as I still find it hilarious. Of all the people that go motorcycle touring and take awesome pictures, somehow you think yours deserved funding?

Maybe Gene should put ridedot.com behind a paywall... he at least has interesting photos.

I'm a bit confused about the bit regarding my religious beliefs though... saying I have religious beliefs is like saying a bald person has a hair colour -- or maybe you automatically assume that every person who is even remotely conservative in nature must also be a religious person?

Okay, so its just political differences motivating you.

No one was forced against their will so, whatever.

You've got to admit that Obamacare is not the train wreck the GOP claimed it would be.

Okay, so its just political differences motivating you.

No one was forced against their will so, whatever.

You've got to admit that Obamacare is not the train wreck the GOP claimed it would be.

Are you confusing me with Snobike Mike or something? Where have I ever stated an opinion about Obamacare ever?

Are you confusing me with Snobike Mike or something? Where have I ever stated an opinion about Obamacare ever?

Oops, that's it. Sorry.

only this part applies then: Thanks for bringing this up so that I can try to explain it to you again. I pre-sold photos that I would take on the trip. I was not asking for something for nothing.

Last edited:
As it's been said, ur part of the club when u don't give a sheet what anyone one else thinks.

Park it and shine it. Pose at the timmies. Wrench on it. Ride it around the world or start it up to piss off the neighbours.

It's your ride, you decide.

Curious , are you married, have a backyard, any children?

Back
Top Bottom