How about a break on Auto Insurance? | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

How about a break on Auto Insurance?

My son is an occasional driver on only one of our cars, and he never drives anyways. For that car I am considering "parking" it (basically removing accident benefits and liability coverage, leaving comprehensive). Does anyone know if this will trigger a gap in his continuous coverage history? I know I can ask my insurance company, but what's to stop them from just saying yes to scare me off from doing it.

My son is an occasional driver on only one of our cars, and he never drives anyways. For that car I am considering "parking" it (basically removing accident benefits and liability coverage, leaving comprehensive). Does anyone know if this will trigger a gap in his continuous coverage history? I know I can ask my insurance company, but what's to stop them from just saying yes to scare me off from doing it.
He has a 28a on the other cars or he is primary on the car you are parking and occasional on the others?

He is occasional on this Subaru, and specifically excluded from the other cars.

Just spoke with by direct broker today. I am with Co-operators for home and auto.

He said they they are just finilzing the "relief" and working out the details on who can and how to apply for it.

But chances are that if your car is for pleasure only (not commuting to work) than you probably will not get any relief.

Also, if your car is leased it cannot be brought down to fire and theft only. Lease contract requires full coverage all the time.

Just spoke with by direct broker today. I am with Co-operators for home and auto.

He said they they are just finilzing the "relief" and working out the details on who can and how to apply for it.

But chances are that if your car is for pleasure only (not commuting to work) than you probably will not get any relief.

Also, if your car is leased it cannot be brought down to fire and theft only. Lease contract requires full coverage all the time.

I think the same applies for financing also. I have it as 25% business use and the rest is personal. I'm with Aviva.

Just got a email today from Johnson Insurace and they will be giving back 10% automatic rebate for April, May, & June. I have my car and bike with them, will be interested to see if I get 10% off for both.

Just got a email today from Johnson Insurace and they will be giving back 10% automatic rebate for April, May, & June. I have my car and bike with them, will be interested to see if I get 10% off for both.

Mine is just the primary vehicle. Bike is listed as pleasure vehicle, so it doesn't qualify.

I don't expect to see a reduction.
I'm still working, and my commute is only 7.5km round trip.

Back
Top Bottom