Hot Sauce | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Hot Sauce

If your wife and son eat this straight on their food I assume their intestines are non existent and/or they don't have nerve cells for.... The morning....

Either that or they're just bad ***.

yes , I should clarify, its not a dipping sauce, but added as an ingredient is wing sauces, chili,.. still hot as hell. The heat is above my tolerance level
They both love stupid heat.

It is worth the investment for heat lovers as another layer to their collections

Last edited:
I prefer habanero based sauces, have a few of different heat levels. A mild but very tasty sauce is "Yucatan Sunshine", there's a few Marie Sharpe sauces that are hotter, and very good tasting. Blair's After Death is a good bit hotter, although it's scoville rating is not terribly high, one of my fav's.

The Pepper Place at the new outlet stores in Niagara on-the-Lake, just off the QEW and Glendale, has a variety of selections. They also have some pepper plants they grown indoors and can offer some advise for growing your own stuff. I don't have the time or patience. I just consume.

I've got a colleague that makes his own and I enjoy it with eggs or omelette in the morning.

Franks is good for soft tacos and the like. We got the thick stuff on sale and seems to do the job.

I have no idea what is good or not to recommend. I just like something with some spice but, not so damn hot I can't enjoy what I'm eating. Lol

head to your local Food Basics, try their store brand 'Selections' hot sauce.

it gives Franks a run for the money. Slightly hotter, tastier, and cheaper. I'm hooked.

This is the sleeper sauce of the major brands IMHO.....

This is my hot sauce story,
Four years ago we took a team to sail a regatta in the Carolina's, after day one when we had done fairly badly we went out to a bar to celebrate our mediocrity. On the wall was hundreds upon hundreds of hot sauces. The guy beside me who was about 8 beers behind asked the waitress , its the Carolina's, they have waitresses not servers, which was the hottest. She pointed top a bottle that was up near the top. Buddy gets the bottle and pours a dollop about the size of a toonie in my palm and says , lick it and I'll buy you a beer. So I lick it. It burns so bad. It burns so bad there is a huge red burnt blister on the palm of my hand where the devil sauce had been.
4 hours later while sleeping in the motel, I guess I scratched my sack and transferred residue and now my balls are on FIRE. I drag myself into the shower and try and calm the pain. Its to no avail. I remember that dairy products have been known to help and there is a coffee maker in the room, so I get about 8 coffee creamers and open them up and slather them on my flaming sack. Its not helping.
My room mate is now rustled from his drunken slumber and turns on the light. I'm naked and covered in coffee creamer. He says tomorrow you get your own room.
At breakfast the next morning he proceeds to tell all the rest of the crew of my indiscretions. A chemical engineer in the group says coffee creamer is just an edible oil and probably made it worse. The waitress listening to the story says yeah, coffee creamer was his biggest issue.

I avoid really hot sauces now.

This is my hot sauce story,
Four years ago we took a team to sail a regatta in the Carolina's, after day one when we had done fairly badly we went out to a bar to celebrate our mediocrity. On the wall was hundreds upon hundreds of hot sauces. The guy beside me who was about 8 beers behind asked the waitress , its the Carolina's, they have waitresses not servers, which was the hottest. She pointed top a bottle that was up near the top. Buddy gets the bottle and pours a dollop about the size of a toonie in my palm and says , lick it and I'll buy you a beer. So I lick it. It burns so bad. It burns so bad there is a huge red burnt blister on the palm of my hand where the devil sauce had been.
4 hours later while sleeping in the motel, I guess I scratched my sack and transferred residue and now my balls are on FIRE. I drag myself into the shower and try and calm the pain. Its to no avail. I remember that dairy products have been known to help and there is a coffee maker in the room, so I get about 8 coffee creamers and open them up and slather them on my flaming sack. Its not helping.
My room mate is now rustled from his drunken slumber and turns on the light. I'm naked and covered in coffee creamer. He says tomorrow you get your own room.
At breakfast the next morning he proceeds to tell all the rest of the crew of my indiscretions. A chemical engineer in the group says coffee creamer is just an edible oil and probably made it worse. The waitress listening to the story says yeah, coffee creamer was his biggest issue.

I avoid really hot sauces now.
Use toothpaste next time. The mint is more soothing

Hot sauce is an oddity...the "taste" you get is more because the stuff interacts with pain receptors rather than taste receptors. This is why some people can tolerate very hot sauces, generally because they are habituated and eat it often and have built up a pain tolerance. This is also why you can get a bit of an endorphin high from hot sauces. Those that don't have no tolerance built up and thus it appears as though they can't take the heat (if they started with mild sauces and built up though they would have few problems). As for me, I love spicy food but too hot = no flavour. I make my own habanero-mustard and habanero-mango sauces that to me taste pretty good. I have some bought sauces I like for taste and they are all mostly from central america. I like the Cholula sauce you can get here though and Piri Piri isn't bad.

I recently jumped into wings with a few of the latest hot sauces I have around, using generous amounts. That damn Hot Ones YT series I've posted recently in the Pop/Cross culture thread has sucked me in with some episodes.

I warmed up with Yellowbird Habanero condiment sauce. It's sweet and spicy. Really good, mainstream style stuff.

Yellowbird-Habanero-Condiment-19-oz_600x.jpg

Then I opened up the Angry Cock hot sauce, lol. I picked this up because I thought it was a good price, very spicy and lots of people raved about the flavours. It did not disappoint. Super tasty, and very spicy (a building heat). Turns out the Scoville Heat Units (SHU) rating is 250,000 - 1,000,000.
1583C__64208.1560133478.jpg

Spicy stuff is good stuff to me.
7c25967ae05e7635fe0d7dd07b9e96f1724d1e8b80d68a0f97c772e4b702904b.jpg

The other sauce is hotter.

Enjoy spicy food and have a great weekend.

Last edited:
love my hot sauce.

Franks is ok for a daily driver, but the homemade stuff europeans make from their gardens is the best....

I know a guy that got a basket of peppers from his father. His wife cooked them up and went to bed. A couple of hours later he had to the her to emergency for chemical burns.

I got hooked on the house hot sauce used at a Caribbean restaurant in Newcastle called Dataste. They don't sell it by the bottle but I bring in my own bottle and have them fill it for a price. Has a pineapple base they tell me but that's all they'll say.

I love caribbean food. I make a lot of my own. Ive worked with a few Trinidadians who got me hooked on pepper over the years. They say im the only gringo they know who can handle more pepper than them! lol

One of my best dishes is Geera pork, and I use scorpion peppers when I make it. Its pretty much the hottest pepper going next the the Carolina Reaper.

I like the hot sauce that comes from Trinidad directly, their peppers are hotter than anywhere else it seems. The bottle in the middle is the stuff im referring to in the picture.

The nice thing about that sauce is it actually has a great aroma and taste, so its not just all fire.

IMG_3260.jpg

A friend got me a bottle of camel toe as a gag gift. It's actually pretty good. Not that hot, more sweet and smoky with some heat. I can get away with cooking with a bit of it without family revolt.

My wife's eyes pop with the supposedly "Hot" Italian sausages from the typical butcher. I find them mild.

I put some Ukrainian ketchup on them and it has a bit of heat as well.

I make my own. I have 3 strain of peppers I grow each year, my pride and joy are Carolina Reapers.

I make an Chilli oil and regular sauce in various degrees of hot.

Making hot sauce is easy, getting the right peppers is the hard part.

I take back saying that Yellowbird Habanero hot sauce was mainstream spicy, haha. It's actually pretty hot and can measure around 50,000 scoville heat units. With a sweet twinge, it's super tasty. The Angry Cock hot sauce is very tasty as well (and different from YB).

I enjoyed that earlier hot sauce chicken drumstick meal so much I've done it two more times. And I felt confident enough with the spiciness to feed my mother a meal and it went fine (with both sauces). I highly recommend both.

I'm getting a scotch bonnet hot pepper plant for the garden this year for the first time. I'm looking for any and all advice on growing one of these hot peppers outside at home in our climate. Any growers around? All help appreciated. And paging @Mad Mike...

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom