Hot Sauce | GTAMotorcycle.com

Hot Sauce

Boots

I'll admit I've got a bit of a hot sauce addiction. Are any of you guys hot sauce fiends?

Tobasco wasn't doing anything for me so I went to Piri Piri which was okay, then I went to Frank's Extra Hot which was actually a downgrade.

So from 2500 Scovilles to 2000 Scovilles, then I had enough and bought Blair's Mega Death Sauce off amazon... 550,000 Scoville units and this is finally doing the trick for me (mind you it is also economical seeing as 1 bottle would take a while to use).

What are you guys slapping on your food or what do you recommend for us firebreathers?

Here's a video of a guy chugging the hot sauce I've got at home.
[video=youtube;YOefA10ZYPw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YOefA10ZYPw[/video]

love my hot sauce.

Franks is ok for a daily driver, but the homemade stuff europeans make from their gardens is the best....

I have about 10 different hot sauces at home other than Tobasco and Frank's. We buy them for fun when we see different stuff for sale. I am more a medium-hot rather than hot-suicide sort of guy.

I am interested in trying some good hot sauces based on recommendations from others here.

I agree to a certain extent. We've got homemade ghost pepper flakes and I like that primarily for pastas and stuff (except lasagna). The hotsauce I put on pretty much everything else -- Pizzas, chicken, rice etc. I use Sriracha specifically for poutines, stirfry's and pad thais. Can't imagine putting homemade stuff on any of those things though I'm sure they'd taste just fine.

I have a collection of over 200 hot sauces, and about 10 bottles on the go at all times.

Currently open:

Blair's Sudden Death
Dave's Total Insanity Ghost Pepper
Caribbean Heat
El Yucateco Caribbean Habanero
The Hottest @#$% Sauce
Frank's Red Hot
Cholula
Pain Is Good #37 Garlic
Scorned Woman
A couple of hot homemade sauces from Prince Edward County

Try out Scorned Woman some time. Also, Joe Perry's hot sauces are great. They're more on the everyday edible side of the scale. I think for everyday food, Blair's Original, Scorned Woman, Joe Perry's Boneyard Brew and Frank's Red Hot are my favourites. Depending on what kind of food I'm pairing it with, I'll quite often reach for those if I have them on the go.

Last edited:
Simply buy a tray of habinaro or scotch bonnet peppers and blend them (all but the green stems) with lemon juice, and clove of garlic. Nice and hot, and inexpensive, plus you know what you're eating.

For less heat, I use that red rooster sriratcha sauce on pretty much everything.

Oh yeah, I forgot. I've got Sriracha in the fridge most of the time. I'm picky on how I use it, though.

Me too. It only goes well on certain things. Mainly asian stuff.

What about wings?

at allstars the furthest I went was A bomb and that was more hot because the wings themselves were hot. Had them the next morning and they werent too bad.

Last edited:
Simply buy a tray of habinaro or scotch bonnet peppers and blend them (all but the green stems) with lemon juice, and clove of garlic. Nice and hot, and inexpensive, plus you know what you're eating.

For less heat, I use that red rooster sriratcha sauce on pretty much everything.

you can add the little round peppers..they are hot
some ppl added apples when they blended it..it was damn good
add some limes also and a bit of vegetable oil
store in a glass jar/bottle

do not use a metal spoon when you take some out, use a plastic spoon
the metal reacts and changes the flavor

I grow my own Ghost and Scorpion peppers (I have a bunch frozen to get me through the winter), I make my own sauces and use them for cooking. We are trying Carolina Reapers this summer.

For just general hot sauce when I don't want any real heat I am happy with Franks.

I enjoy hot sauces. For those interested, I've purchased from hothothot.com before and they have a great selection. Called the oldest on line hot sauce store.

Lots of options, ranges of heat, and some of the world's hottest up to and beyond 1 million Scoville units. The blair's mega death rates in their third from the top scale.

Last edited:
I enjoy hot sauces. For those interested, I've purchased from hothothot.com before and they have a great selection. Called the oldest on line hot sauce store.

Lots of options, ranges of heat, and some of the world's hottest up to and beyond 1 million Scoville units. The blair's mega death rates in their third from the top scale.
Any info on shipping and their location? Is it free?

Any info on shipping and their location? Is it free?

They are in California. Shipping isn't free, but it wasn't crazy expensive either.

They describe their store model and it is different from the standard way.

"We’re constantly sampling and only put the best in our online hot sauce store. You won’t find thousands of hot sauces that all taste like the same combination of vinegar and characterless chiles. "

"[We] only add sauces to our lineup that we personally try and enjoy. We won’t add just any sauces to boost our selection. We are a big fan of quality over quantity. We are also on the look out for anything sauce or chili related."

Last edited:
I can only do so hot myself but my wife and son enjoy "The Source" 7.1 million scoville units

http://www.hotsauceworld.com/source.html

try at your own peril... :D
I haven't found anything hotter without going to pure capsaicin which is 16 M scoville units, and yes we have tried that too

Last edited:
I can only do so hot myself but my wife and son enjoy "The Source" 7.1 million scoville units

http://www.hotsauceworld.com/source.html

try at your own peril... :D
I haven't found anything hotter without going to pure capsaicin which is 16 M scoville units, and yes we have tried that too
I would love that stuff but that's something you don't even put on food you just typically mix it in with a larger batch of wing sauce or something.

I'd probably buy it just to add to franks and tobasco to give it more balls.

If your wife and son eat this straight on their food I assume their intestines are non existent and/or they don't have nerve cells for.... The morning....

Either that or they're just bad ass.

Last edited:
.... but that's something you don't even put on food you just typically mix it in with a larger batch of wing sauce or something.

I'd probably buy it just to add to franks and tobasco to give it more balls.

I agree. I wouldn't call it a hot sauce, considering what most people understand a hot sauce is.

Pepper Extracts are not hot sauces and should not be consumed directly! These products are food additives, not hot sauces and should be handled with caution and care.

I guess I'm old school and prefer natural hot sauces. There are some options it seems with extracts in a sauce style that are interesting, but the super serious extracts are basically only extracts.

Last edited:
I made some ghost hot wing sauce a while back.

1/2 lb of butter
a whole lot of frank's extra red hot sauce
5oz or so of ghost pepper sauce
a half teaspoon of satan's blood 800K scoville extract
a clump of garlic
some mashed habanero for a bit of texture
some cajun spices for a finish, it did help

It was pretty awesome. Smelled awesome, as well.

10845838_10152958399735380_1168343563589735161_o.jpg

I won't use breaded wings next time, they didn't add to it and actually detracted from it a bit. I did also have non-breaded wings with a mild sauce on them... dipping them into my sauce turned them into ... something like wing heaven. And with a sauce like this, you don't need a laxative.

Back
Top Bottom