Horn not working | GTAMotorcycle.com

Horn not working

awdsome

Hi I have a 2007 hyosung gt250r
The horn is not working. But looking at the manual there is only one fuse? Or relay?

The signals work. And I think the horn is wired to the signals.....

What problem can I be looking at? The wiring doesn't seem to be rusted or shorted

Does that mean it must be the horn? The horn looks pretty mint condition. But how do I tell of it's blown? Thanks

Connect the prongs directly to the battery terminals.. If it makes a sound, you know the issue is either with the fuse, the switch or the relay.

Connect the prongs directly to the battery terminals.. If it makes a sound, you know the issue is either with the fuse, the switch or the relay.
+1
But if the horn makes a really weak attempt at a sound when you have it hooked directly to a battery don't go out and buy a new horn right away you can try to tune it back to life by turning the tuning screw in the rear of the horn. Small increments only, then retest on battery until good, doesn't work all the time on dead horns but it's worth a shot.

Remove the electrical connection from the horn and check for corrosion / rust.

weird...i unplugged the horn...tested it on the battery and it didnt work...
then waited a day...hooked it back up to the terminals and now it works...maybe it was just a loose connection somewhere..

weird...i unplugged the horn...tested it on the battery and it didnt work...
then waited a day...hooked it back up to the terminals and now it works...maybe it was just a loose connection somewhere..

Looks like there's intermittent contact on the horn itself. See if a prong is loose (you may need to solder it a bit) and make sure you clean out the prongs. Put some grease on'em before hooking it up.

The horn switch and the horn itself are mounted in locations that are prime candidates for corrosion and dirt.
If you can blow the horn.... keep blowing it when possible. The mechanism inside the horns sometimes sticks and just needs to be freed up.
I spray a little wd40 on my electrical switches every year before storing.... It helps!
Cheers
Paul

i think the problem was the horn sticking. i did push it in a few times before rehooking it.
now it works constantly so i hope that fixed it

The prestorage WD 40 trick will usually prevent this problem -great advice. I usually do a check on all the connectors and give them a WD 40 shot before I reassemble my bike in the early sping.

Back
Top Bottom