Honda CBR 1000 RR SP | Page 4 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Honda CBR 1000 RR SP

lol ********, why don't they have MM and DP ride without the electronics then if they are so purists.

Pile of crap, same reason why they don't have a slipper clutch, they are always behind and don't care to be in front because Honda fans will always buy their over priced less technological crap.

After riding an RSV4 I would go with that way before a Honda.

Honda drives me nuts

They've had a slipper since '08.

Seriously??

October 3, 2007 Details have finally been officially released of the Honda Fireblade’s end-to-end 2008 overhaul... and here they are: wet weight drops 6kg to 199kg, power climbs 7hp to just under 180hp. The ‘Blade finally gets a next-gen slipper clutch, as well as a remodelled HESD steering damper

http://www.gizmag.com/go/8112/

Incidentally, I happen to recall when a certain Mr. McCormick showed up on the stage in Canadian SBK and there was a lot of whining because he was on a bike with rider aids... and faster as a newcomer than the old pros right out of the gate.

In addition to this, I happen to recall Francis Martin setting a lap record at SMP - Long Track on his BMW with electronic rider aids turned off.

it may be possible for a top pro to be faster with TC turned off for a lap or two but not over the course of a race. Too demanding of the rider.

Seriously??

October 3, 2007 Details have finally been officially released of the Honda Fireblade’s end-to-end 2008 overhaul... and here they are: wet weight drops 6kg to 199kg, power climbs 7hp to just under 180hp. The ‘Blade finally gets a next-gen slipper clutch, as well as a remodelled HESD steering damper

http://www.gizmag.com/go/8112/

I was thinking of the CBR600RR because I thought someone mentioned that.
At any rate, it only took Honda 5+ years after Kawasaki had slipper clutch standard on the 2003 ZX6R.
I think they had it on the last gen ZX7r but I could be wrong on that one.

I love the cutting edge technology Honda releases FIVE plus years after everyone else.
What next, standard equipment steering dampers?

At any rate, it only took Honda 5+ years after Kawasaki had slipper clutch standard on the 2003 ZX6R.

I love the cutting edge technology Honda releases FIVE plus years after everyone else.

This is so deadpan, I'm just going to assume you're serious... but Honda has had the edge in steering dampers* since they introduced their HESD in 2004.

*For general use ... I realize that there is better for the track.

Last edited:

Every ZX7. every yr, ever made came stock with a slipper clutch.

Back
Top Bottom