Home gym equipment | GTAMotorcycle.com

Home gym equipment

nyx

Anyone manage to find some weights, bench in store recently?? I have some dumbbells purchased right before covid but would like to buy more, even though prices have skyrocketed.

My son went on a search about 2 weeks ago for a bench and some other items and came back empty-handed.

He’s ended up back at the gym.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not being a weight person, how much does the adjustability of the bench matter? Wouldn't something like a 2x10 on top of some sturdy legs work (or 2x4's with a spine gap for comfort)? As for weights, what style and weight range are you looking for?

I think you’ll see the hoarders and resellers start dropping prices as gyms reopen.

check the local stores as they were having issues with delayed shipments which may be easing. I can ask my BIL where he bought his entire setup in Etobicoke with not much issue.

Store around here closed up, and they're now selling out of some warehouse, across town I think.

Reactions: nyx
fitness avenue has some benches in stock according to their site...
not the best equipment.. but good enough for most and the prices look to be what they were before covid...

I think you really can't go wrong with most benches today. Fitness Avenue or any of the others are fine for 95% of users. Just make sure the weight rating of the benches can support you PLUS the weights you're lifting.

My son went on a search about 2 weeks ago for a bench and some other items and came back empty-handed.

He’s ended up back at the gym.

I’m back to GoodLife as of this week as well. But I’m seeing the benefits of having some equipment at home as GoodLife moved towards appointment style and it’s not drop in at convenience anymore.

Not being a weight person, how much does the adjustability of the bench matter? Wouldn't something like a 2x10 on top of some sturdy legs work (or 2x4's with a spine gap for comfort)? As for weights, what style and weight range are you looking for?

I prefer the flat benches at gym but can see some benefit to buying an adjustable for home. I’m still kicking myself for not buying the adjustable bench at CT for $100 right before the Covid shutdown.
Mostly on hunt from dumbbells. Would be thrilled to own a bar and plates (go to gym mostly for squat rack and bar now) but space is a big problem. The dumbbells fit nicely under bed.

I think you’ll see the hoarders and resellers start dropping prices as gyms reopen.

check the local stores as they were having issues with delayed shipments which may be easing. I can ask my BIL where he bought his entire setup in Etobicoke with not much issue.
All stores inflated their prices for the demand it seems. Standard now is $2/lb at minimum? Hopefully gyms push prices back down but I wouldn’t count on it yet.

Wife just ‘recommended’ that I move the home gym to the garage as ‘you’re insulating it anyway and 2 cars won’t even fit in there.....

I guess she’s kinda right. But I’m not sure how winter will be as it’s not a heated garage.

anyone Have a garage gym in our cold climate?

OP sorry for the hijack but hope you found the gear you were looking for.

Wife just ‘recommended’ that I move the home gym to the garage as ‘you’re insulating it anyway and 2 cars won’t even fit in there.....

I guess she’s kinda right. But I’m not sure how winter will be as it’s not a heated garage.

That builds character. After a few minutes I doubt you will care about the cold anyway. The biggest problem will be you may need gloves as the metal will be damned cold.

Be worried when she starts asking you to sleep out there

I bought my bench from Amazon. Best purchase ever! Look up the Marcy brand.

great reviews, prime shipping, good quality. no need go driving around to stores to find out they are sold out.

Just saw this today...

That's a good price for those. I'd get them if you're looking.

I ended up picking up one of these used: https://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/schwinn-ad2-airdyne-exercise-bike-3995214p.html from my buddy as he's not using it. Looking forward to using it.

Back
Top Bottom