Holy Hostility! (What would you do?) | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Holy Hostility! (What would you do?)

LOL! Okay, I gotta say I'm with Stormcat on this one. I'm a little bit evil sometimes (I work with the public...it brings it out in me!).

If I were in your shoes, I would have gone back with the bike and said, "Hey! Went home and got a BJ from that hot little number I was with...just thought I'd swing by and see if you were still here. Sucks to be you!" and then ride away....laughing :evil4: but you know....that's just me :rolleyes:

Last edited:
LOL! Okay, I gotta say I'm with Stormcat on this one. I'm a little bit evil sometimes (I work with the public...it brings it out in me!).

If I were in your shoes, I would have gone back with the bike and said, "Hey! Went home and got a BJ from that hot little number I was with...just thought I'd swing by and see if you were still here. Sucks to be you!" and then ride away....laughing :evil4: but you know....that's just me :rolleyes:

This.

Jeez. It's been a while but the last time I pulled over to see if a rider was OK he'd run out of gas and I had my pickup, so I took him home. He offered money.

You pull over, to see if someone is OK, and get abuse in response? Screw him. My opinion is if something like that happens you shake your head in incredulity, then post a full description, of rider and bike, for all to see. Humiliation worked as a punishment in the past. No reason why it shouldn't now.

Attachments

• stocks.jpg
    stocks.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 22

ROFLMAO...love the little evil in ya =)

Winner!!!!!

PS. Pics of the wife would help this thread. :)

You did the right thing, he obviously didn't. Put her in the first gear and go on about your business ....

koalaKid, props to you for A) stopping in the first place, not everyone does anymore, and B) being so generous of spirit that you were willing to go back and try again.
Please post as full a description of this cretin as you can, see if anybody here knows him. He deserves to be outed.
I'd be willing to bet he's one of the ones who whines like crazy when someone doesn't wave to him, too.

You did the right thing. And don't let it prevent you from doing it again. The 2 wheeled brotherhood needs people like you.

In NY between Springville and Ellicotville I spotted a Harley Softail broke down with a husband and wife standing there looking at it, with drizzle coming down and a thunderstorm looming....they were on their anniversary and it took a few days for the hubby to convince his wife to come along on the bike- she hates the bike apparently. We were also on our anniversary trip. . I pulled over and dignosed he was outta gas. He was sure he wasn't as the gas gauge said it was half full. Then he twisted the gas gauge which looks like a 2nd gascap, to show me the tanks contents. I laughed and told him that the reason his gauge says there is gas in there is cuz he twisted it and broke the wires to the gauge. He said he always looks in both caps. That explained it. So I drove him to the gas station and brought them back gas in the only small can they could get. SO I followed them to Ellicotville to the gas station to be sure they were okay. He tried to hand me $100 and his business card. I refused the money, but accepted his card and said he could repay the favour someday. Turns out he is a NY state traffic attorney. That card may come in handy someday.

As we drove away, my wife found the $100 bill stuck in the cup holder of our minivan.

+1 to what may have said. Just let this one go. he could have been having a really bad day or something else. You did the right thing, so don't let this one stop you helping others. I've even gone back a few highway off ramps to check on a biker. Saw someone waking their bike in the center median, had to go to the next off ramp, double back past the guy to the next set off ramps and get back on the highway to get to him. Had the whole family in the van. The guy had run out of gas. It just happened that a tow truck pulled up when he saw my van on the median shoulder and had some gas for the kid.

koalaKid, props to you for A) stopping in the first place, not everyone does anymore, and B) being so generous of spirit that you were willing to go back and try again.
Please post as full a description of this cretin as you can, see if anybody here knows him. He deserves to be outed.
I'd be willing to bet he's one of the ones who whines like crazy when someone doesn't wave to him, too.
I think he never ment to go back to "help" him, he was going back to kick his ***

Next time, take a picture and post it in the "Tool of the day" thread.........if there is such a thread.

Thanks for all the kind words guys.

First, my "plan" for returning was to see if he would be more receptive if I was on a bike. If we was still an *** I was going to tell him to chill the hell out and go on my merry way. If he was more receptive I would have asked him why he was so hostile before, informed him what a ********* he was and left him there.

I figured "something was up" because his eyes were literally WIDE OPEN. So either, he was high as a 747 or he really was absolutely furious (obviously, I had no way of knowing this until we were face to face). I didn't take it personally at all, but I just thought it was so weird for him to start yelling and insulting us right off the bat.

Since you guys are asking for a description, here are the details I remember:

As we were turning from Eglinton to Laird I noticed what looked like a street fightered late 90's or early 2000's jap SS. It was dark (after 10pm?) but he had an aftermarket headlight, no fairings and the frame underneath the tank was the WIDE aluminum like I've seen on some of the gixxers (and I think black). I didn't notice an LED tailight, so that's why I guess a late model bike. (the frame looked similar to my 2nd gen SV, but the SV LED taillight is distinctive and I notice it quite quickly on other SVs)

Anyways, the streetfighter caught my eye, and just as we're heading north on Laird I noticed the CBR doing "the duck waddle" (where you push your bike from the saddle) into the Canadian Tire lot. So, I thought to myself, "oh, they must be together, and the cbr guy probably ran out of gas and his buddy didn't notice." (For anyone who's never run out of gas, the bike runs "fine" until you let off the throttle - like for slowing down at an intersection, then the bike dies. That's why I thought he just ran out of gas). So I turned around at vanderhoof and pulled into the lot (he was still doing the duck waddle).

It's hard to describe the guy because he was wearing a helmet, but I'll give it a go:
- caucasian
- squid (khaki shorts, white running shoes, I *think* a dark coloured t-shirt)
- dark helmet that had some sort of design. maybe it was blue or purple?
- I don't know what to say about the guy's age but I would guess he's past university. It's hard on this one, but he immediately assumed my wife and I were married, even though we look young for our age (I'm late 20's she is mid-20's).

After about ten minutes on the web, I am reasonably sure he was on a 1997 CBR600 F3. I originally thought it was yellow and purple. But, the attached picture matches what I remember of the paint design, although it looks black, not purple. And that photo is from a UK rider, so I don't know how exact it is. The bike was definitely NOT an F4i, and after looking at pics on the net, I'm reasonably sure it was an F3. You can view the full sized images of the F3 I attached here: http://www.bikepics.com/pictures/1469711/

bikepics-1469711-full.jpg

After I turned around in the lot, I noticed he finally parked his bike and it looked like he was on his cell (again, I assume he was with the streetfighter, or at least calling for help).

This will not deter me from aiding other riders.

Unless someone else in the same (looking) car as mine did something to this guy immediately before we pulled up (as this is the only reasonable explanation I can think of), it must really suck to be this grumpy ignorant fool. I can't imagine him being a very pleasant person ahaha.

Back
Top Bottom