Hit or Flop? Ford Maverick | GTAMotorcycle.com

Hit or Flop? Ford Maverick

mimico_polak

Site Supporter
Well im no truck guy but I’m impressed. If I didn’t already swap cars 2x in the last year I’d seriously considering trading the Volt in for this thing….500mile range on a tank is pretty good claim. Approx $25k starting price for the base trim in Canada.

I would be interested, 2000lb towing limit may be the issue.

Seen a new electric mustang yesterday, Was not impressed

What was it that you didn’t like? I don’t like the use of the mustang name on it and honestly I also don’t care for the styling but overall seems to be a half decent vehicle and I’m sure the looks will appeal to many. For marketing purposes even the use of the name makes sense.

Sent from my iPhone using GTAMotorcycle.com mobile app

Last edited:
What was it that you didn’t like. I don’t like the use of the mustang name on it and honestly I also don’t care for the styling but overall seems to be a half decent vehicle and I’m sure the looks will appeal to many. For marketing purposes even the use of the name makes sense.

Mustang looked the same for decades. It was time for a change, and some of the cues like the tail lights are still there.

Look at the different iterations of the Vette. It looks nothing like a Vette now, and the previous version looked nothing like a Vette then.

What was it that you didn’t like. I don’t like the use of the mustang name on it and honestly I also don’t care for the styling but overall seems to be a half decent vehicle and I’m sure the looks will appeal to many. For marketing purposes even the use of the name makes sense.

The same, Styling. Looks more like an SUV or maybe they are. I seen it driving i never got close.

This is the first I'm hearing of this one, thought the OP was asking a retrospective question about the car from the 70's.

IDK... seems ok I guess. Ford seems pretty proud of themselves for inventing the Honda Ridgeline

This is the first I'm hearing of this one, thought the OP was asking a retrospective question about the car from the 70's.

IDK... seems ok I guess. Ford seems pretty proud of themselves for inventing the Honda Ridgeline

I would buy a first gen Ridgeline if it wasn't so damn ugly. I don't need a full size, something that can pull or load 5000lb is fine for me. The big trucks are overkill as a daily driver.

I would buy a first gen Ridgeline if it wasn't so damn ugly. I don't need a full size, something that can pull or load 5000lb is fine for me. The big trucks are overkill as a daily driver.
Funny you say that, My 05 Tundra is smaller then the new Tacoma.

Well im no truck guy but I’m impressed. If I didn’t already swap cars 2x in the last year I’d seriously considering trading the Volt in for this thing….500mile range on a tank is pretty good claim. Approx $25k starting price for the base trim in Canada.

I almost crapped myself when he announced the 4.5 foot bed like it was the best thing in the whole world. 6' with the tailgate down :eek: wow, think of the possibilities. /s Bikes are shown with the front wheels off and tailgate down. wtf, it's easier to put a bike in my wifes hyundai.

It looks good though. They made a lot of smart improvements that will work well for the vast majority of the mall crawlers.

So a hybrid Ranger with some marketing shenanigans going on? I like smaller trucks so I'm not against it per se. But this get 34 mpg hwy and the EcoBoost Ranger gets 30 mpg hwy. I guess it depends how much you're putting around town on battery.

I think its a home run.
I may trade my F150 for this, it is what a midsize should be.
It's significantly smaller than a full-size, much better fuel economy and somehow cheaper than a honda civic.
Smaller bed is the trade-off but has provisions for carrying full sheets of drywall/plywood. from experience, a motorcycle will fit.
real world fuel economy will be way better than the current mid-sizers, ex: ranger, GM twins
will ride much nicer due to unibody and independent suspension.

only questions marks for me is the fuel economy of the ecoboost+AWD and reliability.

I almost crapped myself when he announced the 4.5 foot bed like it was the best thing in the whole world. 6' with the tailgate down :eek: wow, think of the possibilities. /s Bikes are shown with the front wheels off and tailgate down. wtf, it's easier to put a bike in my wifes hyundai.

It looks good though. They made a lot of smart improvements that will work well for the vast majority of the mall crawlers.
When you said "bikes", I thought you meant motorcycles, not bicycles.

Mustang looked the same for decades. It was time for a change, and some of the cues like the tail lights are still there.

Look at the different iterations of the Vette. It looks nothing like a Vette now, and the previous version looked nothing like a Vette then.

I hear you but not really the same, the vette didn’t get suddenly turned into a crossover utility vehicle.

Back
Top Bottom