Hit 100.000 KMS Ducati Diavel | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Hit 100.000 KMS Ducati Diavel

I will have to get back to you on that. I think about, now.
Apparently the interval for valve clearance inspection/adjustment is 60,000 kms for Diavel models
So that puts your next check at 120,000 kms

Apparently the interval for valve clearance inspection/adjustment is 60,000 kms for Diavel models

Assuming the first was already done

Sent from my iPhone using GTAMotorcycle.com mobile app

I think you read the table wrong.

DESMO Service must be performed every 24,000 km/15,000 mi for Diavel Model Year 2011-2014 model versions and every 30,000 km/18,000 mi for Diavel Model Year 2015-2018, Diavel 1260 and XDiavel model versions. The dealer DESMO service package includes: change Air Filter, change Timing Belt, change Water Pump Belt, check Valve Clearance, change Plugs, change coolant, service rear wheel hub.

I think you read the table wrong.

DESMO Service must be performed every 24,000 km/15,000 mi for Diavel Model Year 2011-2014 model versions and every 30,000 km/18,000 mi for Diavel Model Year 2015-2018, Diavel 1260 and XDiavel model versions. The dealer DESMO service package includes: change Air Filter, change Timing Belt, change Water Pump Belt, check Valve Clearance, change Plugs, change coolant, service rear wheel hub.
Well thank your for clarifying. I am clearly not a Ducati owner.

Sent from my SGH-M919V using GTAMotorcycle.com mobile app

MadMike is correct, the interval is 24,000 kms. So your bike should have had it's 4th valve clearance inspection/adjustment at 96,000 kms. Was it done? LOL... I sound like a prospective buyer asking a seller questions about a bike's maintenance history.

Last edited:
Thank you Gentlemen, Ladies ? for your great information. (Got to cover my bases)

I was sort of aware of my next BIG service. "[U]SVeezy, [/U][U]Mad Mike,[/U] [U]D-J[/U]

Was not thinking too much about it just yet.

Appreciate your help. You are the best.

FWIW I’m actually just curious if you skipped the checks. I’ve not done any valve checks on the sv (no where near 100k yet). Awesome if the duc is getting the kms without any issues

FWIW I’m actually just curious if you skipped the checks. I’ve not done any valve checks on the sv (no where near 100k yet). Awesome if the duc is getting the kms without any issues
One my last DL650 the valves were checked once at 88k and were still in spec. It’s at 160k now and still hasn’t had a second check.
I think I will be more proactive with this bike:)

:)
MadMike is correct, the interval is 24,000 kms. So your bike should have had it's 4th valve clearance inspection/adjustment at 96,000 kms. Was it done? LOL... I sound like a prospective buyer asking a seller questions about a bike's maintenance history.

Sent from my SGH-M919V using GTAMotorcycle.com mobile app

Sorry but I am not selling. Lol. Not that often that I have a bike that is so reliable. Now that I have just run it in, I think I might keep it. :) :)
I have been riding it at 25,000 intervals.
Spoke to the Peninsula Ducati Oakville and John, the service Manager, does not want to deprive me of my riding time. (Thanks)
Suggested that I take it in end of the season. Then will take care of Valves, belt and oil change. Craig also does a general check on the bike. Torque nuts and bolts, etc. Plus takes it for a check ride.
I`m happy.

Bike runs like a dream. No issues on it. Just the usual oil changes, new sprockets, new side stand. Chain maintenance. A snagged wire.
I used to own a SV 1000 and I think I only had one valve and belt change. Had 68,000 when I sold it. Never a problem. Ran like new.

That's dedication! I've ridden over 100,000kms on two wheels but on many, many bikes.

That's dedication! I've ridden over 100,000kms on two wheels but on many, many bikes.

Was there any bike you preferred over any of them? British, Italian, Japanese, American, etc. Sounds like the one to go to for experience. Thanks.

Never had an American bike and don't see myself getting one anytime soon. The rawness of the Streetfighter was easily my favorite. Enjoyed the Ducatis, really like the triumph bobber I'm on now. May buy a KTM next. Really want a Kawi H2. Maybe the new Streetfighter even tho I think it's ugly.

I put 118,000 km on a 1987 Kawasaki Ninja 750. Sold that, and coincidentally, put 118,000 km on a 1994 Kawasaki ZX9R. Sold that, and its replacement (2004 ZX10R) is at 112,000 km now, and I'm looking to get a new one.

All of these went about 80,000 km with essentially no issues outside of routine maintenance; after that the unscheduled maintenance costs started going up - stuff starts wearing out. Even outside of engine/transmission, sooner or later you are going to need steering head bearings and swingarm pivot bearings, and you can only replace brake pads a certain number of times before you are going to need brake rotors as well, and probably caliper seals and master cylinder seals at some point.

I put 118,000 km on a 1987 Kawasaki Ninja 750. Sold that, and coincidentally, put 118,000 km on a 1994 Kawasaki ZX9R. Sold that, and its replacement (2004 ZX10R) is at 112,000 km now, and I'm looking to get a new one.

All of these went about 80,000 km with essentially no issues outside of routine maintenance; after that the unscheduled maintenance costs started going up - stuff starts wearing out. Even outside of engine/transmission, sooner or later you are going to need steering head bearings and swingarm pivot bearings, and you can only replace brake pads a certain number of times before you are going to need brake rotors as well, and probably caliper seals and master cylinder seals at some point.
That's awesome!
I'm curious, for each of your bikes, when did you replace the rubber parts of the brake master cylinder and caliper? I have a 2016 ZX-10R, the service manual says replace at year 4 or 48,000 kms — which ever comes first. I recently had the 24k service performed (all valve clearances found to be within spec) and asked my mechanic about this and he said it's not necessary to replace; that Kawasaki's service manual recommendation in this regard is overly-conservative. What's your take?

Back
Top Bottom