Hit 100.000 KMS Ducati Diavel | GTAMotorcycle.com

Hit 100.000 KMS Ducati Diavel

First owner right?
You must like the bike then ;)

Trouble free 100k as well as i recall correct?

Awesome and congratulations!
What year is the bike if you don't mind telling us?
Definitely a top 3 bike for my next choice...

2012 Carbon Red.
First and only owner.
Yes, I think I might keep it. Lol.

No major problems A few recalls Coolant, Side stand. Brake and Clutch fluid. Finding neutral.
Ducati Oakville Took care of a few out of Warranty issues and worked with Ducati North. Problems solved. No charge.

Thank you to you both. Might have got there sooner. Too many other hobbies. Used to be a Volunteer Ski Patroller. F/A instructor. Heart and Stroke Instructor. MTB.
Another 100.000 to go.

Wait a minute, where are all the Ducati haters and HD bashers to let you know it should implode and minute now?? And getting to 100k must have cost three engines and 47 thousand dollars.
It just seems wrong! ( my last Monster 620 had 126K on the clock when I sold it, 80K when I bought it)

Wait a minute, where are all the Ducati haters and HD bashers to let you know it should implode and minute now?? And getting to 100k must have cost three engines and 47 thousand dollars.
It just seems wrong! ( my last Monster 620 had 126K on the clock when I sold it, 80K when I bought it)
Well it may have cost $47,000 if you include the original bike and gas. Going far costs money. It does sound like he has had great reliability out of it though. From just his list of issues, you couldn't pick out the brand of bike and most people would guess Japanese as there are no scary expenses that people associate with Euro bikes.

Could not catch it at exactly at the 100.000 mark.

Thanks also go to John and Craig at Peninsula Ducati Oakville.
Congrats - that is a nice feeling!
Sending good vibes your way to have another 100k trouble free.

I've never paid attention to the display on the Diavel before - very interesting layout.

A little busy right now

Hi "crankcall" Just checked in the mirror, my head is still on and did not explode. Phew, Thank goodness.

Tbh, there is not a bike on the market that I would hate. Some just not my cup of tea. Would never say anything bad.
Why would I?
When I know everything, I will let you know. Never going to happen.

Safe riding. Thank you.

Congrats - that is a nice feeling!
Sending good vibes your way to have another 100k trouble free.

I've never paid attention to the display on the Diavel before - very interesting layout.

Thank you Shane. Yes it an interesting layout. Nice to have met you. I follow your routes. You certainly are 'The Man"

Congratulations, must have gone through a few of those big sticky and expensive rear tires.

Oh yes. Most certainly. Every year new tyres. Before I leave for each ride I mark my rear with chalk to see how far I am over. Most times it is about an inch from the side. Never a bad day. Also have an app that tells me my lean angle. One time it showed 57 degrees. I think the app most definitely screwed up.
Thank you for your positive comment.

Oh yes. Most certainly. Every year new tyres. Before I leave for each ride I mark my rear with chalk to see how far I am over. Most times it is about an inch from the side. Never a bad day. Also have an app that tells me my lean angle. One time it showed 57 degrees. I think the app most definitely screwed up.
Thank you for your positive comment.
The chalk is a cool idea. It gives you an idea how close to disaster you are and if you have any asymmetry in your riding.

The chalk is a cool idea. It gives you an idea how close to disaster you are and if you have any asymmetry in your riding.
Thanks.
I keep the bike in sports mode. with very little help from the other electrical toys.
Like to think it is my "so called skills"
Chalk is cheap and does not require any fancy setting up. Quick results and I do not a 10 year old kid to set me up. Thank goodness.

I thought that I might just add this. I know that it has helped save my life in the past.
Years ago I used to do aerobatics. Loved the danger of hurtling through the sky, towards the ground, etc.
A very close friend of mine asked if I would like his advice. Certainly why not? (Many Moons ago)

He said never get cocky, one mistake and you are dead. I remember being a little nervous before strapping in and told him that. He said that is good. Being cocky will get me killed.
I get in the plane, do my start up checks, prepare for take off. Everything is good. The plane now is now mine.
Confident but not cocky.
Similar on the bike.
Weird?

Last edited:
He said never get cocky, one mistake and you are dead. I remember being a little nervous before strapping in and told him that. He said that is good. Being cocky will get me killed.
I get in the plane, do my start up checks, prepare for take off. Everything is good. The plane now is now mine.
Confident but not cocky.
Similar on the bike.
Weird?
On a similar vein, never start with runway behind you (or in bike context, setup properly going in to every corner). Once you have a problem, you can't gain that space back if you already wasted it when you thought things were going to go smoothly.

Back
Top Bottom