Here we go. Amendment to Stunt Driving | Page 4 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Here we go. Amendment to Stunt Driving

I don't know how the Highway traffic Act applies on private property, or in an open field or private dirt road?

I don't know how the Highway traffic Act applies on private property, or in an open field or private dirt road?
Because they changed the law to explicitly say it does. The title of the law doesnt matter, the content does.

With no chance of ever recovering the financial penalty that the cop inflicts on you with no oversight and no requirement for sufficient evidence to lay the charge.

I think the solution to this would be to sue the police force in question in small claims court for malicious prosecution.

Couple hundred bucks to start the process with a possible maximum payout of $35K.

Might not win anything. Or you might. I gotta figure there would be more than a few judges out there who would have a serious "WTF" moment if a cop over extended himself by charging someone booting around on an unlicensed/insured motorcycle or whatever on their own private property. Or someone else's property with permission.

If there's no good reason for the charge to begin with, I gotta figure the police force would have a hard time justifying the application of HTA172 to begin with, and the judges who would see this sort of case wouldn't be the traffic court kind who often seem to agree with the police seemingly by default all the time.

I'm not a particularly litigious person, but I'd be all over this if it were me.

If enough people did it and it became enough of a thorn in the side of various forces defending it, between those costs as well as potential scorn from the crown about wasting the courts time, well, it could have an effect in the chiefs telling their officers to knock it the-F off.

How does a 10 year old get a license?

Fun fact: If you've never held a licence but get charged with a HTA infraction, a licence number attached to your name is generated so the charge can be entered. Yep, even for a kid who may not be eligible to actually hold a licence for many more years.

Fun fact: If you've never held a licence but get charged with a HTA infraction, a licence number attached to your name is generated so the charge can be entered. Yep, even for a kid who may not be eligible to actually hold a licence for many more years.
Does the kid keep the generated license number when they finally get one or do they get one in the current sequence?

I think the solution to this would be to sue the police force in question in small claims court for malicious prosecution.

Couple hundred bucks to start the process with a possible maximum payout of $35K.

Might not win anything. Or you might. I gotta figure there would be more than a few judges out there who would have a serious "WTF" moment if a cop over extended himself by charging someone booting around on an unlicensed/insured motorcycle or whatever on their own private property. Or someone else's property with permission.

If there's no good reason for the charge to begin with, I gotta figure the police force would have a hard time justifying the application of HTA172 to begin with, and the judges who would see this sort of case wouldn't be the traffic court kind who often seem to agree with the police seemingly by default all the time.

I'm not a particularly litigious person, but I'd be all over this if it were me.

If enough people did it and it became enough of a thorn in the side of various forces defending it, between those costs as well as potential scorn from the crown about wasting the courts time, well, it could have an effect in the chiefs telling their officers to knock it the-F off.

You have not been able to ride a unlicensed uninsured vehicle on someone elses property for years even with permission, if you don't own the property you need insurance and a off-road plate or you can be charged.

You have not been able to ride a unlicensed uninsured vehicle on someone elses property for years even with permission, if you don't own the property you need insurance and a off-road plate or you can be charged.
How does that work with a family? If your kid buys a dirt bike as a teenager and only uses it on your land, it needs insurance but if it is in your name, no insurance? Or there is a family exemption to the law?

Does the kid keep the generated license number when they finally get one or do they get one in the current sequence?

No idea.

I remember hearing about this about 5 years or so back when a DUI-Bike rider here in Oshawa got nailed for, well, DUI on his eBike after crashing it. Never had a licence, but apparently still got criminally charged for impaired with a generated DL number.

I can't find any reference to the process online (or even the story now) that being said, but I do remember it.

So, does this mean no more track days/motorcycle lapping? So confusing verbiage.
And dirt biking either on private property?

So, does this mean no more track days/motorcycle lapping? So confusing verbiage.
And dirt biking either on private property?

This is what happens when someone who got bullied in grade school + high school joins a gang and gets access to a social media account.

We all know about the Twitter Whore cops gloating about their conquests online. This smarmy TikTok Whore thing is a new angle.

New classification standards for e bikes.Hmm?

If you can point to a provincial political party that will get rid of it, I will vote for them. I disagree with your assessment that PPC is an inherently racist party. There are lots of non-white candidates running for them. I met Max 30 years ago at U of M. He's a libertarian. I can assure you he's not a racist. Don't peddle bs.
Nope he's a racist. If you need proof just listen to him speak.

Nope he's a racist. If you need proof just listen to him speak.
Seeing is believing. Canada's Prime Minister:
E_sTuaVXEAM-ELH

OK, you're riding up north. You get behind 3 cars all together. The lead guy is doing 10 below speed limit. In order to pass all 3 cars you have to really gun it. The speed limit is an 80, but in order to pass all 3 in the distance you have, you'll be going at least 40 over for a short period of time. If a cop ahead is doing radar, are you screwed? This was my situation yesterday. It makes you think when you're trying to pass 2 or 3 cars.

OK, you're riding up north. You get behind 3 cars all together. The lead guy is doing 10 below speed limit. In order to pass all 3 cars you have to really gun it. The speed limit is an 80, but in order to pass all 3 in the distance you have, you'll be going at least 40 over for a short period of time. If a cop ahead is doing radar, are you screwed? This was my situation yesterday. It makes you think when you're trying to pass 2 or 3 cars.
Screwed. Just set the cruise and get comfy.

Back
Top Bottom