Help me settle something | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Help me settle something

Which do you prefer?

• Total voters
IIRC the Anchor Bar started making wings as a way of using up unwanted parts of the bird and now wings are so desired there are fake boneless ones. I vaguely recall a motorcycle stuck to the wall at the Anchor but it's been a while.

Murdoch Mysteries even did a bit with that in it....I can't find the clip but...at the Anchor Bar

I do them on my Treager pellet smoker, they come out very good, before I had the smoker the top shelf on the BBQ did the job,
I take the wings off just before they are done and coat them in a mixture of franks and bbq sauce and then throw them back on for another 10-15 minutes to set the sauce, wings are usually finger lickin good

My wife hates the bbq so I barely use them :( love me some good bbq wings.

She says the 'smoke' and 'char' isn't good for the kids' stomachs :(

She's right and sort of like my wife who has a hate on for hot dogs. Once in a while I go to Ikea for a $2 fix.
I work downtown now...can't wait to get those street meat sausages from the vendors. Dammit I'm hungry now.

Mom was a Jedi cook. Had some special Corning dish that had something inside the bottom for browning in the microwave. She used it to nuke up some breaded Parmesan wings she got a recipe for. Came out lightly crisped. They were to die for.

You guys all suck. My claim was that more people like drumsticks better than wings, you've proven her right, and me less right.

You guys all suck. My claim was that more people like drumsticks better than wings, you've proven her right, and me less right.

This should have been apparent by all the restaurants that specialize in wings.

Otherwise there'd be restaurants named "Wild Drumstick", "All Star Drumsticks and Ribs" or "Duff's Famous Drumsticks"...

Just had some delicious wings from Erin Mills Pump and Patio…outstanding!

I think a lot of people might have been confused with the term "drumstick" however when the "drumstick" that's included with wings is actually a "drumette".

The drumstick itself is the bigger thicker part of the thigh, not the itty bitty things that come with a basket of wings

These are drumsticks:

Baked-Chicken-Drumsticks-with-Old-Bay-1200.jpg

These are drumettes (on the top, best photo I could find that shows a fork for size comparison vs the hand above).

drum-or-flatjpg-52f5556d307d7466.jpg

I voted "wing" because I'm not an actual fan of full-on drumsticks, but when comparing "drumette" to "wings", I'm actually a fan of the drumette, so my vote was misappropriated lol.

I think you need to re-run this vote. ;)

Drumette all day over wing. But I will gladly eat either

Sent from my iPhone using GTAMotorcycle.com

So many things to factor in. I prefer whichever are still crispy, so it's usually a draw when they first come out. Drumettes are easier to eat with one hand, which is nice when you're on a conference call and need to occasionally unmute to chime in. Wingettes have more skin-to meat ratio which makes them a little more flavourful, but if not cooked crispy or after sitting that backfires and becomes more flab-to-meat ratio.

Back
Top Bottom