Help me pick a bike for this summer | GTAMotorcycle.com

Help me pick a bike for this summer

otwo_91

I am open to any brands, preferably used but possibly new. I do not want it to exceed the $10,000 range. What ever bike I get will likely stay for a while. I probably won’t ever get rid of the R3 either (The R3 will be going to the wifey this summer, and this is why I am looking for something for me).

I really do not know much outside of Japanese motorcycles, so mostly I am looking to be open minded to what else is out there.

______________________________________________________________________________________

What it must be able to do:

- Sporty side – meaning it can handle being ridden in a spirited way, it can handle some lean angels, and is fun and nimble.
- I ruled out the R6 and R1 type of bikes because they are too fast and track oriented.
- I like the idea of having more torque in lower gears but less horsepower in the higher range (think R7 and MT07)
- Possibly a gentler riding position than the R3, a bit more upright and ergonomic.
- The R7 is being considered but I feel I would end up having two of the same thing but one is a bit faster and heavier.
- The MT07 was being considered but I will be doing a fair bit of highway travel, so I am worried about that.
- I am okay with sport touring type of bikes.
- I do not see myself ever riding in rain, snow and so any bike meant for those purposes can be ruled out including dirt bikes.
- I would love something that can be paired with an exhaust and sound good!
- Must have ABS.

______________________________________________________________________________________

What I specifically do not want:

- No Harley Davidson, Indian or cruiser related motorcycles.
- No carburetors
- I have ruled out dirt bikes, touring bikes, adventure and dual purpose bikes.

I really do like the sport heritage type of bikes, such as the XSR700

Is this too ADV for you? Ticks all the boxes, otherwise...

2017 Ducati 950 Multistrada | Sport Touring | Brockville | Kijiji

- good handling? Check
- torque? Check
- upright? Check
- weather protection? Check
- sounds good? Uh, yes.
- ABS? Yup, plus lots more gadgetry...

If not, I'd start looking at the true sport-tourers like the VFR800, Sprint ST (not GT, they ruined it), Ninja 1000, etc. GP Bikes has two Sprint STs with reasonable mileage and hard cases for well under your budget, too...

Hayabusa.
Not the H2 SX?

If you think R3 has a sporty riding position, then R7 is definitely not for you; it's just a R6 with 2 cylinders.

Nother vote for the VFR800

s-l640.jpg

10k km ,,,barely broken in - even has your exhaust request

old Katana?

most budget middleweight/upper middleweight adventure or naked bikes fit the bill
old tracer 9s etc

I am open to any brands, preferably used but possibly new. I do not want it to exceed the $10,000 range.

There are a couple of earlier R NineTs (circa 2015) on Kijiji in the 11K range if you can stretch your budget. Out of town listings, but should a local model come up for sale, should be around the same price range.

Edit: Here's one for $9,900:

Last edited:
Anything but.

Worst bike I ever owned.

Old sv650 maybe

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk
Didn't like mine either. Thought it was just me.

Back
Top Bottom