Helmet suggestions | GTAMotorcycle.com

Helmet suggestions

Saitou^.~

Been out of the game for a while and looking to replace my helmet.
But I don't know what would fit me anymore with what's out there now.

Not sure if I am allowed to try on helmets these days with covid going on.

I wear a shoei rf-1000 (I think it's considered round shape).
Would like to find something comparable (would like to get a full face helmet).

Thanks for any suggestions!

The answer I always start with is.... the one that fits you the best.

That being said, if you like your RF-1000 the new RF-1400 is a solid choice.

What kind of price range do you have?

Last edited:
I agree. ?

I'll see if I can try on the rf-1400 (If any shops carry them and if I can try on). Was a bit hesitant because I heard when they came out with the rf-1100, the shape changed.

No budget really. But maybe looking around 1000 to 1500.

That is a hefty budget...... the world is your oyster.

Call GP bikes and see if they allow you to try on. Riders choice is a good choice as well. Then you can see what really fits your head.

I believe Arai has a rounder shape as well.

Lol I'm really out of the game. I remembered Arai more oval shaped before...

I guess I just need to try them on again if the stores will let me.

Bell and Shoei fit similar, at least with my head.

GP bikes had some good deals on Bell, but check the build date.

Most places will let you try them on, they just clean them afterwards.
With that budget I would try the Arai Corsair X.
If the fit works for you, I would definitely go with that over a Shoei, unless the Shoei fits you better.

Lol I'm really out of the game. I remembered Arai more oval shaped before...

I guess I just need to try them on again if the stores will let me.

Arai did all three shapes over different models in the range at one point.

7001538df9bf43b6969f4ba262160820.png

I also used an RF1000 for many years, then moved to the RF1100 and now the GTAir. All of them fit my sexy head well. If you decide to stay with Shoei, the GTAir is a very nice helmet.

I’m curious how it compares to the RF1400.

I also used an RF1000 for many years, then moved to the RF1100 and now the GTAir. All of them fit my sexy head well. If you decide to stay with Shoei, the GTAir is a very nice helmet.

I’m curious how it compares to the RF1400.
Looks like there is a GT Air 2 now. Is that the one you mean or do you have the og?

Looks like there is a GT Air 2 now. Is that the one you mean or do you have the og?
I have the original and it’s getting close to be time for an update. I don’t use the Sena Comms, so mounting my Cardo Packtalk Bold on that helmet is slightly more of a pain, but I do like these helmets for what feels like good quality everything.

Last edited:
I'll throw the AGV K6 into the ring since we're up to RF1400. Intermediate Oval and its around 2.7lbs.

I've even had Shoei lifers go "oooooh" when they feel how nice the padding is.

Stupid question, but how do you know what shape your head is? I wear an XS and currently have a Bell and a Scorpion helmet, but no idea what head shape they are.

I'm torn between the the RF1200 and RF1400 . Not sure the RF1400 is worth 400 more then the RF1200 . I on the fence with the visor button on the front to .

Stupid question, but how do you know what shape your head is? I wear an XS and currently have a Bell and a Scorpion helmet, but no idea what head shape they are.

Most vendor website or mfg websites should say what head shape a certain model is.

if you have a place near you to try on some different shaped lids keep in mind you should not feel any pressure on your head if the fit is good. Case point i bought an RPHA 70 ST (intermediate oval) and as soon as i put it on i felt a lot of pressure on the middle of my forehead and the back of my neck. Went back in the box and returned it. Tried on the K6 (intermediate oval) in the store and i had the faintest of pressure on my forehead (this was regardless of sizing btw), i figured it was worth the gamble as the helmet will break in over time. After a week it fit perfectly, but clearly intermediate oval lids do not fit my head shape well.

Last edited:
I have an AGV. Carbon. Got the medium, the large had too much wobble in it. However, the medium was tight, too tight.
Mostly in the cheeks and the forehead.

Solution was to wash it. Take it out when soaking wet, around the tight places put a 20 ib weight on it till dry. Did that a few times till the fit was perfect. Tight but not squeezing my eyeballs out.

Or to the newbies. 9.07185 Kilograms.

I have an AGV. Carbon. Got the medium, the large had too much wobble in it. However, the medium was tight, too tight.
Mostly in the cheeks and the forehead.

Solution was to wash it. Take it out when soaking wet, around the tight places put a 20 ib weight on it till dry. Did that a few times till the fit was perfect. Tight but not squeezing my eyeballs out.

Or to the newbies. 9.07185 Kilograms.
i believe on most models you can also upsize or downsize the pads on the inside.

i believe on most models you can also upsize or downsize the pads on the inside.

Yes, you are correct. Sometimes I like to do things the old fashioned way. Self satisfaction. P.S. I don`t do selies either or put them on my desk to look at myself. What I do like is not have to use a kick starter. Lol.

Back
Top Bottom