hello folks! bit of a dilemma here | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

hello folks! bit of a dilemma here

I bought a cbr 250 last month. It's quite peppy. You' re not going to be blistering by anyone but it is very agile and gets around really well. And most people think it's a bigger bike anyway.

At first i was looking at the brand new cbr250 or the ninja 250 but then i realized that i would probably get bored of it in less than a week so i decided to look into 600's.

Your answer is right there.

Either drop the materialistic idea of riding an SS and get yourself a bike that is more insurance-friendly, or suck it up and wait until next year.
Why do you need an SS right away anyways? Other than faster acceleration and a lot more top speed, what advantages are there to an SS as a first bike? Any 250 bike will be just as fun in the turns and will get you from A to B just as well as an SS will, considering the speed limits are the same no matter what you drive.

If you want an SS as a first bike because it's "cooler", you are riding for the wrong reasons.
Remember, the first bike you buy will most likely not be your last.
250's have a great resale value because there's a huge market of new riders every year that look for them.
Buy a used one, take care of it, sell it for almost the same price next year. :)

Any insurance company that gives a ridiculous quote in the 10k+ area is a message that is meant to say "we don't want you as a customer, but we'll see if you're dumb enough to take the deal".

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom