Hell just froze. Heading to Harley-Davidson dealership tonight. | Page 9 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Hell just froze. Heading to Harley-Davidson dealership tonight.

AMEN!!! I hated harleys up until I finally rode one... and honestly I am ashamed of my presumptions about them. Now I am fully planning to get one for my next bike when my vstar dies.

Cat, lots of people will assume things before they even try it! I'm glad you took your time to try a Harley and it did fit your riding/life style. All bikes are beautiful and some fits riders perfectly and some don't. it's a shame when people just hate a bike manufacturer as if it was their stepfather who molested them as kids!!! Take TYBALT71 for example, so many post in this thread and zero useful contribution, more or less a waste of bandwidth.
http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum/member.php?13555-TYBALT71

One only live once. Do what you like. There will be always people how would appreciate and then there will be who will not. But you will have the satisfaction of atleast trying and fulfilling your dreams.

About a year ago, I was doing a cruise with mixed SS, a few Jap cruisers, and some Hogs. The Hogs were deafening! Some one-tooth, red-neck chick with four guts was giving my Gixx the hairy eye-ball. I watched as the vibrations penetrated her many azzes, four guts, into her 38 DD's and into her one tooth. It was totally creepy. THEN she starts snapping on the throttle of this vibrator on wheels, showing me all it's get-up-and-go. I had had enough at that point, and showed her what power really looks like. One wheeled past her, and the whole crew, and took my own route. Fook that noise (literally). HD is a lifestyle. HD people for the most part are harmless posers. The real HD crowd (hard-core bikers), a better friend you will not find. I owned a cruiser for two weeks, it's just not my thing, and never will be. But I have to respect others choices, and do. Even "Ma..." with her four guts, three azzes, and one tooth :)

FWIW, the sickest stock cruiser I've ever seen is a Yamaha Warrior. Puts HD to shame. I think they call it a Stryker now.

Plus, you have to be fat, have a huge gut, be old, wear sun glasses, and have some kind of white/bonde beard going on.

EDIT: Forgot, you also have to carry knives around or axes.

not to mention the half naked 50 year old lady at the back and the 10 pound of blow in the saddle PLUS a black leather sleeveless vest with something like a picture of a.... (had to stop , was being to "specific" lol)

I'm likin the HD Blackline..

MJS-harley-blackline.jpg

Please, any Harley except a Softail.

It boggles my mind that a manufacturer in this day and age can release a bike with an 8 litre tank, charge a premium, and people will buy it. Introducing the HD Forty-Eight. Inside Motorcycle mag did a road test on it and the low fuel light came on between 30-80kms depending on how it was ridden.

I came across this HD forum of owners looking into spending more money to swap out their tanks for a bigger one:
http://www.hdforums.com/forum/sportster-models/528341-forty-eight-tank-swap.html

Personally, I find this laughable.

Its the lifestyle image that attracts. The fact that HD came to disc brakes or fuel injection way later than the rest of the industry, or puts in an 8 litre tank on a new model in 2010 has nothing to do with practicality.

The lifestyle is to be SEEN and heard. What better way to promote that but put an 8 litre tank on a 1200cc bike in order to have cagers stare with naive envy while you are filling your bike?

Cat, lots of people will assume things before they even try it! I'm glad you took your time to try a Harley and it did fit your riding/life style. All bikes are beautiful and some fits riders perfectly and some don't. it's a shame when people just hate a bike manufacturer as if it was their stepfather who molested them as kids!!! Take TYBALT71 for example, so many post in this thread and zero useful contribution, more or less a waste of bandwidth.
Agreed!!!

Besides after seeing these pics.... I cant help but drool....
harley_burn_out_.jpgHarleyVRodBurnout_608x600.jpg

This thread inspired me to check out the HD website and god damn the Sportster 1200 Custom DO WANT.

This thread inspired me to check out the HD website and god damn the Sportster 1200 Custom DO WANT.
I seriously suggest trying them out. There were a couple I liked the look of and not the ride, and a few I didnt like the look of but have been seriously looking at more after riding them. So sad the crossbones is not being continued... that was one I really like.

I'm surprised a lot more people on GTAM haven't tried a cruiser yet since all they do is ride in straight lines.

Softails were created for the RUBs. It's a fake hardtail.

Oh...thanks, so comfort should be shunned? lol I just like the looks and being somewhat comfortable is good. If you wanted just a around towner and be nostalgic a hard tail could be for you. I'd want to go on a lil further rides is all. Don't mind being a rub then.

About a year ago, I was doing a cruise with mixed SS, a few Jap cruisers, and some Hogs. The Hogs were deafening! Some one-tooth, red-neck chick with four guts was giving my Gixx the hairy eye-ball. I watched as the vibrations penetrated her many azzes, four guts, into her 38 DD's and into her one tooth. It was totally creepy. THEN she starts snapping on the throttle of this vibrator on wheels, showing me all it's get-up-and-go. I had had enough at that point, and showed her what power really looks like. One wheeled past her, and the whole crew, and took my own route. Fook that noise (literally). HD is a lifestyle. HD people for the most part are harmless posers. The real HD crowd (hard-core bikers), a better friend you will not find. I owned a cruiser for two weeks, it's just not my thing, and never will be. But I have to respect others choices, and do. Even "Ma..." with her four guts, three azzes, and one tooth :)

FWIW, the sickest stock cruiser I've ever seen is a Yamaha Warrior. Puts HD to shame. I think they call it a Stryker now.

Truer words have never been spoken!!!

Amen my brother! AMEN!

lol

Then get a Dyna, all the function without the pretending of a Softail. You don't see the SOAs riding Softails do you?

I never did follow the rules exactly...always chose my own route. Go figure I have a Buell. Alot of my friends ride HD's, I listened to them but follow? No way, I ride and like what I like and do what I like...as best I can.

Back
Top Bottom