Held gloves, boots and Oakville Yamaha | GTAMotorcycle.com

Held gloves, boots and Oakville Yamaha

mongol777

Site Supporter
Was looking for Held gloves dealer who actually carries good selection locally.
While searching gtam stumbled upon raving review about Oakville Yamaha.
So went there to check it out - OMG, really clean spacious dealership with all space used right.
Everything is in nice order, selection of gloves is the best I saw that far in GTA (several brands like Olympia, Held, etc) with plenty of sizes and models. Boots, jackets, pants, etc. Stuff is friendly, not pushy and actually trying to help.
With my order of Held gloves and boots I got into 10% discount bracket ($$200-500) so my out of the door price for Namib gloves and Summer Breeze boots was way cheaper than buying online.
When I was cashing out I got a glance at the shelves behind counter - everything was in impeccable order.

Gloves and boots themselves - top notch quality, no break in required.

Big thumbs up for Oakville Yamaha - will absolutely go back, 100%.

And I still can't get over on how good they use the space and how clean the shop is.
No piling bikes in one place - all bikes have ample space around them, all in wheel chokes so it easy to sit and try.
Gear is all organized - really thought out use of space.

Yeap, these guys carry excellent brands, have top notch staff and great prices. Maybe the best shop in the Golden Horseshoe?

Very well could be! I am a big fan of Glen at FS, Simon at Topendz and gpbikes was my number 3.
But looking at brands, selection, prices and SERVICE - Yamaha Oakville is now in my Top 3! I think they are doing the right thing with less is more - carry top brands at reasonable prices and actually have sizes and models in stock.
And they had 50th Anniversary Edition of FZ8 on the floor -big droool!

Only place as far as I know that carry Kriega luggage.Also a Zero dealership! the electric bikes, not the custom japanese. Interesting.

I've visited their facility a couple times last year and always left with a smile on my face. They're focused on customer service and it shows. I would easily recommend them to anyone in the area.

+1 Oakville Yamaha is a shining example of customer service. I bought my Kriega bags and Held pants there early last season, and dropped by last month, they remember me. Best pricing for Held Titan gloves I've found, even better than online.

+1 Oakville Yamaha is a shining example of customer service. I bought my Kriega bags and Held pants there early last season, and dropped by last month, they remember me. Best pricing for Held Titan gloves I've found, even better than online.

I think I read your review while searching and that's how I ended up going there.

The only thing I didn't like about the sales staff there, is that they were absolutely clueless when it comes to atv's / dirtbikes. Guy told me that the stock they have in is all they will ever get. They are going to be strictly a road oriented motorcycle store. I can't blame him too much for not knowing the difference between 2 and 4 stroke. Being no where near to dirt riding area's a store has to cater to its clientele. The store was clean and tidy and they are one of the few who carry stuff like KLIM, which I love the look of but cannot afford at the moment.

Oakville Yamaha is a very good shop indeed. Another one that doesnt get as much mention on here is Dual Sport Plus in lower Stoney Creek. They had Kriega and Held reps at thier open house a couple weeks back and have some great kit in there as well.

And I still can't get over on how good they use the space and how clean the shop is.
No piling bikes in one place - all bikes have ample space around them, all in wheel chokes so it easy to sit and try.
Gear is all organized - really thought out use of space.

Did you see any Shark Helmets on display? I think someone here said that Yamaha Canada is the distributer for Shark brand this year!

Did you see any Shark Helmets on display? I think someone here said that Yamaha Canada is the distributer for Shark brand this year!
I was not looking at helmets - I did see that they carry Schuberth and did not pay attention what else.
Give them a call

Just want to confirm that the OP and everyone else is dead on about the spacious dealership and excellent super friendly staff.

I went in on Saturday afternoon with my girlfriend and I wanted to see what the rave was all about about this place. Kyle and Marc helped me find an appropriate size for my Held gloves, but they took the step further to chime in on their experiences and giving me advice on how to get into the hobby. They were by far one of the most friendly, patient and understanding sales staff I have ever came across.

I will definately come back and will be on my top place to go for other accessories and gear in the future (or bike even too!)

Thanks a lot guys, you made our afternoon a great one!

-Brian

Back
Top Bottom