Heated jacket liner OR thick leather jacket? | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Heated jacket liner OR thick leather jacket?

if you can get some bark busters or something you will fair better. otherwise even with those you may find your fingertips cold. problem with grips is they don't heat the outside of your hand which is the place all the col air is hitting.
they also don't heat your fingers when you're at a red light and your fingers are on the clutch and on the brake.

His points are valid, but...

Barkbusters won't heat cold hands, ever.

Grips are always on your bike, spring summer fall, unlike heated gloves which tend to accompany you twice a year.

95% of the time, you'll wonder what you did without them, 5% of the time you finger tips will be cold as hell.

One day I will buy heated gloves, until then my heated grips and Ascerbis hand guards will suffice. ;)

I ripped out my heated grips this year after they stopped working. Who ever said so is correct, once you have them its hard not to have them. But I found them unreliable. I'm going to wait until summer (hopefully there will be a sale somewhere) and pick up the matching gloves for my liner.

I've got a heated vest and it's quite nice, but I barely use it. I really only need it for longer trips once it's below 5 degrees. My regular jacket is completely windproof, which is the key. If you have a vented or perfed jacket try throwing a rain jacket over top.

My hands are much more of a problem, and I now run with heated grips, hand guards, handlebar muffs and heated gloves. The heated grips and plastic hand guards are nice and are on the bike all the time, but the handlebar muffs and heated gloves are way more effective.

Princess Auto has the handlebar muffs that I use on sale for $5 right now. For the money you simply won't find anything more effective for winter riding.

Last edited:
Sorry, what I meant ronnie was that the bark busters AND grips might be enough. the problem that grips don't solve is the outside of your hands, which is the part that needs the most amount, not the inside.

if you've gone this long without gloves that's great! but... you don't know what you're missing. I have grips for those days when you're not expecting it to be cold or it's just starting to get cold and they're a nice to have, and any bike I have will get them. like you say, nothing to plug in and they're always there.
but theres simply no comparing them to heated gloves.
it's not really a one of the other. it's easy to have both and I wouldn't wear ehated gloves for 10 degree weather, but I also wouldn't use heated grips in 1 degree.

His points are valid, but...

Barkbusters won't heat cold hands, ever.

Grips are always on your bike, spring summer fall, unlike heated gloves which tend to accompany you twice a year.

95% of the time, you'll wonder what you did without them, 5% of the time you finger tips will be cold as hell.

One day I will buy heated gloves, until then my heated grips and Ascerbis hand guards will suffice. ;)

I've got a heated vest and it's quite nice, but I barely use it. I really only need it for longer trips once it's below 5 degrees. My regular jacket is completely windproof, which is the key. If you have a vented or perfed jacket try throwing a rain jacket over top.

My hands are much more of a problem, and I now run with heated grips, hand guards, handlebar muffs and heated gloves. The heated grips and plastic hand guards are nice and are on the bike all the time, but the handlebar muffs and heated gloves are way more effective.

Princess Auto has the handlebar muffs that I use on sale for $5 right now. For the money you simply won't find anything more effective for winter riding.

I opened Princess Auto, couldn't find these handlebar muffs?! Can you send a link, I am not sure what exactly I'm searching for.

They're listed for $15 online, but the Newmarket location had a rack of them for $5: link

The packaging and link call them motorcycle "gloves", but they are handlebar muff things

Back
Top Bottom