"Have you been to the stampede yet?" | GTAMotorcycle.com

"Have you been to the stampede yet?"

Well I must admit he was faced with aggressive behaviour. My concern is, how is he abled to carry a conceal firearm if he is not an officer of Canada? Shouldn't he surrender his arms at the border?

I don't see why he should be excluded from our laws

This guy's been a cop for 20 years and can't read people? Obviously we shouldn't generalize, but this guy just made 330+ million Americans look like gun-loving red-neck idiots.

Well I must admit he was faced with aggressive behaviour. My concern is, how is he abled to carry a conceal firearm if he is not an officer of Canada? Shouldn't he surrender his arms at the border?

I don't see why he should be excluded from our laws

That's just it, he was upset that he *couldn't* carry a firearm while in Canada. It apparently would've made him felt so much safer during this "aggressive" encounter.

It begs the question: what WOULD he have done if he had been packing heat? Shoot these two guys??

This guy's been a cop for 20 years and can't read people? Obviously we shouldn't generalize, but this guy just made 330+ million Americans look like gun-loving red-neck idiots.

To be fair.....many Americans reinforce this every year.

I know whenever I'm approached by undesirables I sure wish I had my trusty gat to fire off a couple warning shots into the air

the same goes for door to door solicitors

when there's a hair in my food

when i run out of toilet paper

you know, I really can't think of a situation in life that WOULDN'T be better if I was carrying. God bless America!

Have Gun, Don't Travel

The bigger picture is a responsible person being totally unaware of other cultures.

They feel naked without a gun but is that the same feeling some of us get when we don't have our cell phone, watch, wallet etc? The big what if.

Last edited:
He comes from a much more dangerous country where the social inequalities created a much smaller middle class and a much larger underclass, so there are real dangers to walking unarmed in many parts of the US. I am all for allowing responsible law-abiding citizens to carry if they wish to do so. I wouldn't because I don't want the encumbrance and don't feel the need where I live, but I've been in some parts of Saskatoon where I would have felt much more comfortable having some protection on me. Even in states with very liberal gun and self-defense laws those who step out of line with their firearms get nailed by the law - just look at Zimmerman, so the system can be made to work.

He comes from a much more dangerous country where the social inequalities created a much smaller middle class and a much larger underclass, so there are real dangers to walking unarmed in many parts of the US. I am all for allowing responsible law-abiding citizens to carry if they wish to do so. I wouldn't because I don't want the encumbrance and don't feel the need where I live, but I've been in some parts of Saskatoon where I would have felt much more comfortable having some protection on me. Even in states with very liberal gun and self-defense laws those who step out of line with their firearms get nailed by the law - just look at Zimmerman, so the system can be made to work.

a country made more unsafe by a bunch of jumpy guys carrying guns.

and btw. Martin died, thats not a working system.

Double-facepalm.jpg

The country was made unsafe by their social and economic system. They created a huge underclass where too many people see no benefit to making an honest living and are willing to put it all on the line by entering a life of crime. Wherever you see great social inequality, you will generally find higher violent crime (including murder) rates. If we don't have guns, we'll use knives, if we don't have knives, we'll use rocks, if we don't have rocks, we'll use our teeth and claws.

Martin died, and that's an unfortunate incident, but the culprit is facing justice as we speak. You are edging very close to the "if it only saves one life" argument. In the first half of 2012, 107 people drowned to death in Canada. You wanna ban water now? How about motorcycling?

yeah I don't really care enough to debate it, if you think its a better society where everyone has guns and god can sort it out after the fact, you can simply move there.

That's just it, he was upset that he *couldn't* carry a firearm while in Canada. It apparently would've made him felt so much safer during this "aggressive" encounter.

He didn't like the laws here, he shouldn't have been here. Just like when I cross their border, I've been searched and fingerprinted like a criminal. I sucked it up, because I'm a guest in their household

I've walked around some very very unsavoury parts of central America and south America and never felt the need to be armed. True enough some locals were kind enough to let me know I was in a dangerous area but the fact remains that if you're paranoid enough to feel the need to gain comfort from carrying a deadly weapon you are most likely more of a danger to yourself in a situation like this.

I've walked around some very very unsavoury parts of central America and south America and never felt the need to be armed. True enough some locals were kind enough to let me know I was in a dangerous area but the fact remains that if you're paranoid enough to feel the need to gain comfort from carrying a deadly weapon you are most likely more of a danger to yourself in a situation like this.

Depends alot on how skilled you're with that weapon.

So when cops arrive on the scene of any crime they are more dangerous to themselves because they have the ability to use a gun to protect themselves and others?

Same with soldiers? I guess we'd be better off sending them off to afghanistan with a motovational speaker instead of giving them armoured vehicles and guns eh??
You gonna lead the way?

Some would call that being oblivious, delusional or simply stupid.

After all why wouldnt someone take precautions to protect their lives?

Back
Top Bottom