Has the Naked bike killed the Super Sport? | Page 4 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Has the Naked bike killed the Super Sport?

Likely thought they were buying a BMW and it turned out to be a Rotax.

More low down grunt :unsure: so if I pull the fairings off my bikes?
no, they make power/torque lower in the rev range because they have no requirement to go 200km/hr on tracks.

Reactions: J_F
@Clutt-225 I’m not truly awesome at anything lol. Generally I do ride mx or trails a couple times a week, do about 8 mx races a year and a couple hare scrambles. So although I would consider myself an average rider I am very comfortable playing in the dirt but I do recognize the limitations of the big bikes.

@ruffriders Beautiful bike! Haven’t ridden one but love the idea of the Multistrada’s. I think that and the S1000XR might be the two best bikes on the market. But I wouldn’t want to bounce either off a tree so I like the idea of the 3 I listed for my intended uses. Again that’s probably a couple years out.

It was videos like this one that sent me searching for that little bit more that I could get out of an adventure bike over the Super Naked.
And still be as capable as I required on the street.
Like I said earlier I have not even come close to the limits off or on road. Yet.

I wonder how long until insurance premiums catch up with nakeds?
some of the manus are really pushing it to the limit

how this bike remains affordable to insure baffles me

LFT8oEL.jpg
This is exactly what I was just thinking, as the more riders switch to nakeds, more insurance payouts will happen and eventually the premiums will rise

@Clutt-225 just a cbx500. I'm 6'2 32" inseam. Looks wise, I kinda prefer versys but the underbody exhaust means I can't do slip on ? wife says this is long term bike so no changes for the next... Forever. ?

@Clutt-225 just a cbx500. I'm 6'2 32" inseam. Looks wise, I kinda prefer versys but the underbody exhaust means I can't do slip on ? wife says this is long term bike so no changes for the next... Forever. ?

Then don’t change just add

There was a member on here just posted up pics of a very nice cbx500 that was nicely equipped as an adv bike. It was a tan colour and looked very sweet.

that CB500X can be made into a nice little ADV
there was one for sale in the GTA last summer

Rally Raid kit and ADV luggage on it
low miles and priced @ $5,500 - @MacDoc shared the listing
kijiji listing was gone in a matter of minutes

come on
everyone knows removing plastic changes the fuel mapping
SMH

Power and torque increase is directly proportional to the number of decals you add to your bike.

Reactions: J_F
Power and torque increase is directly proportional to the number of decals you add to your bike.
decal are the new sticker? +5hp/per?

decal are the new sticker? +5hp/per?

Generally yes, but the rarer the decal, then a pro-ration table that comes into play based on:

Rarity
Manufacturer
Size of decal
Placement of decal.

Some decals from the late 50's and early 60's have been known to add upwards of 12hp at the rear wheel!

Last edited:
Generally yes, but the rarer the decal, then there a pro-ration table that comes into play based on:

Rarity
Manufacturer
Size of decal
Placement of decal.

Some decals from the late 50's and early 60's have been known to add upwards of 12hp at the rear wheel!
Geez,the beerfridge that Speedway gave me years ago should be good for the ton then.

I wonder how long until insurance premiums catch up with nakeds?
some of the manus are really pushing it to the limit

Depends on the company you're with...
AllState has just gone and reclassified a whack of bikes -- KTM Superduke, Tuono, Diavel, MT10 etc - now "Naked Sportbike". And charge just shy of full on sport bike rates.

Back
Top Bottom