Handles | Page 34 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Handles

20 years ago my database login for Cobolt and SQL servers was acsurge. Don't know/remember why we didn't just use out names. But I was assigned acsurge. Since then I have used ACsurge all over the web from playing Counter-Stirke to forums like this.

Hmm... Mine is an amalgamation of my time on the internet.
Soulcatcher is a character in a book series called 'The Black Company' It has been my handle on forums and my gamer tag since the '90's.
The 668 was added later when I would join places and Soulcatcher was taken. The 668 is taken from a little known Canadian movie called Highway 61. Later in the movie the Devil had to rent a house that had the number 668 because 666 was unavailable. Clip from the movie... couldn't find the scene but this gives you the flavour of the film.

My avatar is 'Toc the Younger' from a fantasy series called The Malazan Book of the Fallen
It's a dead guy on a dead horse.

It's childish and kind of lame...... but after over 20 years with it....... it's not changing.

One of the few people I know of that has actually read the series...
It's awfully wordy, and has a cast of a zillion characters, but, it's amazing.
I received the first book for my birthday the year it came out.
For anyone who doesn't know, which is pretty much everyone except me and BigEvilDoer, this chart pretty much sums up what you are in for if you start the series....

Long read.JPG

Last edited:
I was given mine by Rob Harris, sadly deceased founder of Canada Moto Guide. He'd had three previous technical editors and I was to be the fourth but it never panned out. I still miss his wry English wit...

It’s me!!! Again!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Was looking for info on BMW K1200RS - we had two and built one into a Grinnall Scorpion 3 reverse trike/car thing.
I still have a K1200RS although it is in Phoenix Arizona right now! Long story... love that bike. ILSA She-wolf of the SS
Also have buddy's Grinnall - it lives in Milton

My handle became K-Clive because I sold my 1999 BMW R1100RT and bought the K1200RS - much better bike

Attachments

• Grinnall#1crop.jpg
    Grinnall#1crop.jpg
    209 KB · Views: 15
  • ILSA-She-Wolf-of-the-SS.jpg
    ILSA-She-Wolf-of-the-SS.jpg
    125.8 KB · Views: 14
  • ILSA.jpg
    ILSA.jpg
    403.4 KB · Views: 16
  • Ursula&ILSA.jpg
    Ursula&ILSA.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 16
For clarity - both K1200RS were called ILSA - "The black and blue twins"!
The blue one became the 3-wheeled car because it needed a new clutch.

I haven't been here too long, though what happened to so many of these people? Just moved on from bikes, community, gone?
Based on the average age poll, for many the riding clock ran out. At least a few had medical problems. At least a few younger riders matured and stopped riding (thankfully before they killed themselves or someone else). Sadly, we have lost at least a few on the road. Some got banned, some got in arguments and left in a huff.

Based on the average age poll, for many the riding clock ran out. At least a few had medical problems. At least a few younger riders matured and stopped riding (thankfully before they killed themselves or someone else). Sadly, we have lost at least a few on the road. Some got banned, some got in arguments and left in a huff.
I wonder what happened to Superveloce? Actually I don't really....

I think that about half of people who get into biking don't stay with it after maybe 4-5 years....

I wonder what happened to Superveloce? Actually I don't really....
Based on past experience he wanders in and out. Disappears for months to years and then pops up with a new name. He's had at least three handles that I know of. The recent ones have related to a bike he currently owns (stock rotates quickly with him)

I picked this handle a long long time ago, when i went to school briefly where the sports team was called wolfpack.

27616 was a fake zipcode that i added to the handle, since it was taken in most internet forums back then.

Back
Top Bottom