HAMILTON Riders - Weekly rides through the back roads! | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

HAMILTON Riders - Weekly rides through the back roads!

Just echoing what others have already said. Thanks for organizing the ride. It was nice to get out with a group on some new roads.

Yup, woulda bugged me endlessly. Then there's the whole issue of getting caught in the rain.

I really doubt you would notice a difference in the rain unless you were pushing it.... But whatever makes you feel better! Nice machine

my vote is for sunday morning, early. less traffic to deal with.

I should be out n about come may. lookin forward to seeing some old faces and meetin some new

Would like to make it out but I have family commitments this weekend.

Hey folks,

Sorry I have been MIA in this thread recently, I assure you I have a good excuse.

Coming back from Port Dover on Friday the 13th I got into an accident with my motorcycle on Highway 6. An RV type vehicle decided to turn into a gas station at 80 KM/hr without signalling. The guy behind him, a civic, slammed on his brakes in hopes of not hitting the RV. I was behind the civic and had to brake extremely quickly in order to not hit the civic! (I was not tailgating). So apparently, my Ninja was not a big fan of braking hard at 80 KM/hr and locked up the front tire. I was thrown from my bike and the bike slid into the oncoming lane. Thankfully, I rolled, slid, and banged around in the comfort of my own lane.

After all this, besides some road rash here and there, I am doing surprisingly well today. I believe this is mainly due to all the gear I was wearing plus my backpack that I had on, which contains even more armour. However, I can't say the same for my baby Ninja which was deemed as a total loss by my insurance company :(

So just wanted to give an update. Hopefully no one has to go through the same experience because it truly is traumatizing.

Ride safe, folks!

Back
Top Bottom