GTAM Trackday at TMP!! | Page 10 | GTAMotorcycle.com

GTAM Trackday at TMP!!

I saw twist of the wrist 1 but not 2....Absolutely agree its myself and not my bike, I made some huge milestones this weekend though for me, I had an off road crash which made me fear front brake, which was stopping me from going as hard in the straights (which Ive overcome), worked on my lines with Donovan.....and made myself go around the whole track in second just to work on it hahaha....and by the end of the day was staying in the upper green pack, which is great since I crashed 2 weeks ago...there were a ton of helpful hands there this weekend, and Im pretty certain that if I can keep this pace and keep chasing faster, you might catch me in intermediate at some p
oint :)

Lol im going to hot shoe this saturday.....but i will play around in intermediate when you come if ya want lol and yea....move at your own pace dont ever go harder or faster than your confortable with. And after crashing, hust to be back out there is a good sign and a great attitude

Good luck, and I didnt mean you had to play in intermediate because of me, just saying one day someone might see me there if my improvements keep up...(nice offer though :))...I always stick within my limits even if that means I'm slow....in the beginning part of the day and throughout the day I had many pass me in the straights but then slow me down in corners with the heavy braking.....Im not worried.....the better my lines/technique, I will be that much faster when I do bring on the speed :)

and the nice part was a few people much more in the know then I said I actually am not that slow...which always feels nice!

Lol im going to hot shoe this saturday.....but i will play around in intermediate when you come if ya want lol and yea....move at your own pace dont ever go harder or faster than your confortable with. And after crashing, hust to be back out there is a good sign and a great attitude

Good luck, and I didnt mean you had to play in intermediate because of me, just saying one day someone might see me there if my improvements keep up...(nice offer though :))...I always stick within my limits even if that means I'm slow....in the beginning part of the day and throughout the day I had many pass me in the straights but then slow me down in corners with the heavy braking.....Im not worried.....the better my lines/technique, I will be that much faster when I do bring on the speed :)

and the nice part was a few people much more in the know then I said I actually am not that slow...which always feels nice!

From when i was watching, ya your technique is looking good i think. I was standing beside Maggie, and noticed you could start rollin on the throttle a lot earlier onto the front straight. Bot saying you have to but from my point of view, only until you had the bike straight, you got on it. Try and start rolling on the throttle earlier :) other than that i thought you and everyone else out there looked good :)

My advice really shouldbt count that great either...im still a rookie at this too lol

This is fine example of one of those hard,fast, no warning low sides. Too much weight directly ontop of the bike so you don't get any sensation of a slide and possible save of the front tire. Result? A ringing in your ears,sore shoulder,collarbone,hot hands and a reason to go helmet shopping. Don't ask how I know this.

I think i got a similar problem, it's good to see the pics now i know what i have to improve on :) got to get that buttt more off the seat lol
756.jpg

999.jpg

Last edited:
Oh boy, we've been looking for you :D

You need to work on your riding position a bit. And that picture is a PERFECT illustration of what the problem is. In fact, I'm pretty sure this is why that photographer took that picture!

At first glance ... Enormous lean angle.

But ... Look how close some hard, unyielding parts of your bike are to hitting the ground and look how close you are to riding off the edge of the tire. Definitely no chicken strips. But riding right on the edge of the tire is asking for fall down go boom.

Why ... ??? allow me to explain!

Take anything with a straight edge and line it up on that photo with the centerline of your bike. Note that, near as we can tell from the photo, your body and your head are smack dead center on that centerline. You are not getting your weight off the bike towards the inside of the corner. Sticking the knee out isn't enough.

Getting your butt off the seat and shifted to one side will shift your center of gravity down so that the bike's center of gravity can be higher (translation: the bike won't be leaned over as much at the same cornering speed) and that means it'll be further from riding off the edge of the tire and further from scraping hard parts on the ground (which results in fall down go boom).

Give me a minute and I'll try finding a front-on photo showing a different body position.

Hi guys. Here is opposite situation: YZ-supermoto-extreme-lean.jpg and rider seems to be just fine ;D

he's just razzin him, they are both buddies .

somebody tell that green bike how to ride!

Yea that was me.... :( first session, 2nd lap my shift knuckle snapped going into turn 1 on a down shift. Didnt go down or anything just pulled it off to the side on the second straight and waited for the ride of shame to pick me up because it was in neautral. After buggin donovan and every other guy at the track for a spare ...i finally got back on after lunch for a couple sessions. Best lap of the day for me was a 118.16 so i was happy with the result at the end of the day

Something's wrong with the bike. It used to do 1:15's before you bought it.

Perhaps you changed the nut that holds the handle bars?

Something's wrong with the bike. It used to do 1:15's before you bought it.

Eric was fast yes lol but after 3 track days i got her down to 1:18s ....so im getting there lol maybe saturday i get a 1:16, will that suffice? Lol

Perhaps you changed the nut that holds the handle bars?

I did, that nut is actually a fatter, way out of shape slob who thinks eating vending machine food is the healthiest choice for a snack ;)

I had a 4s difference between my stop watch holder and my transponder, I'm still saying she was right :)

Back
Top Bottom