GTAM Election Poll | GTAMotorcycle.com

GTAM Election Poll

Who will capture the most seats for in the 2021 Federal Election?

• Liberal - Justin Trudeau

Votes: 17 32.7%
  • NDP - Jagmeet Singh

Votes: 3 5.8%
  • PC - Erin O’Toole

Votes: 31 59.6%
  • Green - Annamie Paul

Votes: 1 1.9%

• Total voters

Mad Mike

Here’s you chance to jump on a poll!

and one reason why.

Liberals.

Reason: CERB. People are stupid. Give them free money and they dont care about anything else except who gave it to them and when they will get more.

Here’s you chance to jump on a poll!
9214a942caade06ebe459a46dd6334b8.jpg

Liberals.

Reason: CERB. People are stupid. Give them free money and they don't care about anything else except who gave it to them and when they will get more.

As much as I hate to admit it - I am inclined to agree : (
I doubt many people think ahead for the good of the Country and may be more focused on the here and now...$$$

And now they throw mail in voting into the mix?

I think JT will win simply because he’s handing out money every which way. I don’t want him to…but don’t see it going to anyone else realistically.

See the blinded is still harbouring a lot of liberal love.

Hard to get people to see past the nose on their face

As much as I hate to admit it - I am inclined to agree : (
I doubt many people think ahead for the good of the Country and may be more focused on the here and now...$$$

And now they throw mail in voting into the mix?
What's your issue with mail in voting (in a pandemic no less)?

Liberals.

Reason: CERB. People are stupid. Give them free money and they dont care about anything else except who gave it to them and when they will get more.

I was blown away when my neighbour said the exact same thing to me last week.

Thanks to his cerb payments. he's voting JT. "You scratch my back,. I will scratch yours"

Needless to say,. I was flabbergasted

so why you tossing shade all around here for peoples poll choices?

re: post #8
Stating the obvious from some of the post. Not that I’m trying to sway one way or the other.

Stating the obvious from some of the post. Not that I’m trying to sway one way or the other.

You probably shouldn't throw a hissy fit when anyone posts the obvious from one of your posts, then.

The potential for voter fraud.
How is it worse? To sign up to receive a mail ballot you need to send a photo of government id. If someone has that already, it is going to be hard to stop them from fraudulently voting. I had them send the kit to my principal residence/address that matched my license. I would hope that if I tried to send it elsewhere there would be another layer of security (call to confirm request?).

Edit:
One avenue available could be I grab my parents ID and vote for them. That wouldn't work in my case as they will vote (maybe different than the choice I would have made, but not liberal so that is fine with me). I could have access to their id and info and I don't need to submit a photo of me with the id. That would be a simple addition to the process to help security. If I was taking a picture of my parents holding their id, they would ask what the hell was going on. If they were demented, they probably wouldn't ask the question but you can often get a good idea from looking at the picture that they aren't the one pulling the strings and follow up.

Most people don't have access to many photos of DL's to vote fraudulently.

Last edited:
Edit:
One avenue available could be I grab my parents ID and vote for them. That wouldn't work in my case as they will vote (maybe different than the choice I would have made, but not liberal so that is fine with me). I could have access to their id and info and I don't need to submit a photo of me with the id. That would be a simple addition to the process to help security. If I was taking a picture of my parents holding their id, they would ask what the hell was going on. If they were demented, they probably wouldn't ask the question but you can often get a good idea from looking at the picture that they aren't the one pulling the strings and follow up.

Most people don't have access to many photos of DL's to vote fraudulently.

You beat me to it.

In the current climate I would assume a lot of people would prefer to vote by mail.
And Canadians have had the option to do so for many years.
However given what happened in the US recently - there is more visibility around this as people are now aware of their options (which is not necessarily a bad thing).

That being said, I think about the following cases in residences where:
- there are multiple families units living together (vote the same to avoid friction)
- parents/children (18+) have differing political drives but - if you live under my roof you better vote for so and so
- folks who live together may not want to have friction in their relationships and thus vote the same due to peer pressure
- some family members are out of country and tell their point of contact to send in whatever because they couldn't care less regardless etc

What I don't understand is if they are ok with places like strip clubs being open, shouldn't they encourage folks to go in person to vote?
The weather is still bearable and we have higher vaccination rates - that should count for something, no?
Also. this way most people will still be able to maintain a sense of privacy when casting their individual vote and they know for sure it will not get lost enroute.

The way I see it, if a person takes the time to go onsite and cast their vote - chances are they are dead serious about it.
I completely understand if someone is sick/ill or even physically incapacitated - in these cases they SHOULD have the option to vote by mail.

I was reading this article earlier: https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/ask-cbc-vote-by-mail-security-1.6151745

Quote:
"For example, once your application for a special ballot is accepted — which you'll need to vote by mail — your name is struck from the voter list that's kept at the polls.
If you do show up on election day and find your name struck out, you'll have to explain what happened to the voting kit you were sent. If you did not receive your kit or misplaced it, you'll have to swear an oath that you have not cast a special ballot"

Swear an oath?
Really? I honestly doubt the average person out there gives a rat's backside about things like oath in this day and age!

And how fool proof/resilient is Elections Canada ability to verify records to ensure that each Citizen has only voted once?

And there was this as well:

Quote:
"How will I know if my ballot has been received?
Many of you wanted to know if you will receive confirmation from Elections Canada that your ballot has been received after mailing it.
The short answer is, no. But there is a way you can check yourself.

After your vote has been mailed off, you can call 1-800-463-6868 to make sure Elections Canada has received it."

All I can say is good luck trying to call into that number as I expect it to be swamped with long wait times...

Back
Top Bottom