Greetings! ( | GTAMotorcycle.com

Greetings! (

gixxer_dave

Been lurking on the site for a couple months now and thought I'd post up and introduce myself...

My name is Dave, I'm from Kitchener and I ride a 2009 Pearl White GSX-R600... The reason I went went with the gixxer is that I am a larger fellow (6'3", 260lb) and it seemed to fit the best of any sport bike I sat on... Actually, it is confusingly comfortable considering my size. I've put 10,000km on the bike so far this season and look to put many more kms on the bike through the fall.

Some mods include full akrapovic shorty exhaust, power commander 5 (not tuned though :( ), black pazzos, smoke windscreen and DDM 6000k HID kit....

I find it tough splitting the funds between bike gear and modifications... Paychecks seem to disappear with my awesome addicition to motorcycling...

All comments welcome :)

Looking forward to finally getting out my shell and meeting some of you.

Cheers,
-Dave

P1000639.jpg

IMG00597-20110827-1935.jpg

Welcome!

Have you tried downloading a map from the Power Commander site?...
I installed one on my bike with the same exhaust (just the slip-on) and it seems to be working fine.
Give it a shot!

Thanks and hello!

Yes, I did get the downloaded "akrapovic" map from dynojet ... It seems to work OK, definately an improvement over the stock map -- I am just toying with the idea of a proper dyno tune to get the AFR tuned for my specific bike. I think there is still some power to be had! Lots of popping on decel, and the odd backfire.

Have you come across anyone / anywhere that can custome dyno tune the bike?

Thanks and hello!

Yes, I did get the downloaded "akrapovic" map from dynojet ... It seems to work OK, definately an improvement over the stock map -- I am just toying with the idea of a proper dyno tune to get the AFR tuned for my specific bike. I think there is still some power to be had! Lots of popping on decel, and the odd backfire.

Have you come across anyone / anywhere that can custome dyno tune the bike?

a few shops around, depends where you are I hear Rider's Choice does a good job with tuning.
Have you thought about an dynojet Autotune?

10K km? That's what I would call a great season, and its still not over...I am jealous! Safe riding and hopefully many more kms.

a few shops around, depends where you are I hear Rider's Choice does a good job with tuning.
Have you thought about an dynojet Autotune?

Thought about it... haven't talked with anyone who has used it though, which has me a bit skeptical... Yourself? Im thinking the money is better spent on a legit dyno tune... Might give it a try tho

Thought about it... haven't talked with anyone who has used it though, which has me a bit skeptical... Yourself? Im thinking the money is better spent on a legit dyno tune... Might give it a try tho

A dyno run will cost around 300$... cheaper to try the autotune first (around 220$) and if you're not happy, you can always sell it and get it tuned.
Based on what I understand, having an autotune hooked up, it's like the bike is on the dyno 24/7. It constantly changes on what kind of fuel, the temp, etc... I could be wrong, but this is what I was told by somebody who knows his S**t.
Going to get it with my next order, def. something to look into.

A dyno run will cost around 300$... cheaper to try the autotune first (around 220$) and if you're not happy, you can always sell it and get it tuned.
Based on what I understand, having an autotune hooked up, it's like the bike is on the dyno 24/7. It constantly changes on what kind of fuel, the temp, etc... I could be wrong, but this is what I was told by somebody who knows his S**t.
Going to get it with my next order, def. something to look into.

Thanks for the info and good point about resale value! I could use it and re-sell it after I get my auto tune maps.. hmmm. I think I might pull the trigger!

Thanks for the info and good point about resale value! I could use it and re-sell it after I get my auto tune maps.. hmmm. I think I might pull the trigger!

Let me know what you think of it after you've installed it, I read a lot of reviews and it seems to have helped.

Nice ride, Dave! I was recently looking at gixxers and this year they were black (Other then the blue & white)... The all white is awesome looking.

Welcome, nice bike.

Nice ride, Dave! I was recently looking at gixxers and this year they were black (Other then the blue & white)... The all white is awesome looking.

Hello! Thanks so much. As soon as I saw the pearl white gixx, I had to have it! The paint really pops in person (doesn't come through that great in the photos unfortunately)

Back
Top Bottom