Got an ADV? | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Got an ADV?

I miss having the KLR for poking into the forest tracks in Aus....someone turned a CB300F into an Adv but too much money and I'd be reluctant to go out of cell range now.
In the dry season I can do a little dirt but the front is squirrely of pavement with street tires. I might consider an 80-20 for the next tire change.

Glad I'm able to have a dedicated street bike for asphalt.

17" lighter cast wheels, stiffer suspension and sticky street rubber instead of 90/10s or 80/20s.
I’ve had a number of street bikes, i found my electra glide was the most comfortable for road trips.

Still working on the africa twin to get it set up

Used to have a G650GS and 'upgraded' to a F800GSA last year.
Probably ~60/40 pavement/dirt split.

https://www.youtube.com/@AWHeinle/videos

Haha, you know Yun!

Well, no surprise, everyone knows Yun...

Nice to see some BDRs on your list. We did the WABDR last year and did some select Utah and Colorado trails from those BDRs as well.

Don't drink coffee. I drink Monster energy drinks and pick them up at the gas station when I fill up.
:oops:

Curious about this as well, I drank the original green stuff a while ago, but its so full of sugar, I end up crashing after a while and becoming generally irritable.

No more energy drinks for me.

I'm also no coffee. I do probably do 80% white no sugar Monster. And the. 20% no sugar ultra fiesta Monster I think it's called. Turquoise ish looking can, mango flavour.

What's your go-to flavour(s)?

20230928_100912-XL.jpg

🤑

I'm also no coffee. I do probably do 80% white no sugar Monster. And the. 20% no sugar ultra fiesta Monster I think it's called. Turquoise ish looking can, mango flavour.
1695922179608.png

This reminds me, when I was ripping around the mountains in the US, it was brutally hot, so I spend several days living off sugar free gatorade...replenishing electrolytes and whatnot, I had bad headaches after about 5 days...turns out they're full of salt, and water is still king

'15 Super Tenere now and 06 V-Strom 650 before that

99% road, the other 1% is the occasional gravel road when trying to find a shortcut.

For coffee I am post-Starbucks, I like the indie coffee shops that serve good espresso. Lately Krave Espresso on St Clair W

2023 Vstrom 650 XT

I always find some gravel someplace mostly indirectly.
Also been exploring some of the back roads between Stoufville and north Pickering on the way home.
Haven't cleaned the bike yet.
The Pickering airport lands are well-maintained lightly traveled roads. The roads themselves aren't that interesting, but if you have a big new shiny ADV and need a little introduction to riding dirt roads, it's close and you have 70+km of dirt to explore.

My XR is pretty much a superbike on stilts and has no intentions on getting dirty. I do the occasional gravel road but that's all.

Had a DRZ400 - a lot of single track
Have a KLR now - Travel Gravel!!

Edit: For the record I've never had an "energy" drink

Last edited:
2023 890 Adventure r Right now I would say 40%road 20%graval the rest dirt like Ganaraska,Hogsback Rd......still on stock tires need to get better tires for offroad.

Haha, you know Yun!

Nice to see some BDRs on your list. We did the WABDR last year and did some select Utah and Colorado trails from those BDRs as well.
Just came back from Wyoming 😁

Haha, you know Yun!

It would be great to have something like BDR in Canada. There are thousands of KM of connected trails in almost every province, having a few mapped out like BRDs might encourage more people to get their ADVs dirty.

Back
Top Bottom