Goodwill - All 16 locations closed | Page 4 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Goodwill - All 16 locations closed

Think of all the obsolete technology that got dumped at the Goodwill and the disposal cost. How may CRT TVs were dropped off when flatscreens took over? Probably thousands. And VCRs, DVD players, VHS tapes, computer CPUs/monitors, etc. That definitely ate into profits.

http://www.roadracingworld.com/news...or-millions-over-logos-it-left-on-sold-truck/

How a normal person would handle this situation.

GW: Hey, I see you still have the GW logos on your van. We don't like our logos to be used for non official GW activities. Can you please remove the GW logos?
Racer: Oh, I didn't realize that. Sure thing! I'll take care of that right away.
GW: Thanks, let us both move on with our lives.

What actually happened....
GW. HEY! **** YOU, *******! **** YOUR ******** AND **** YOUR UGLY FACE!
Racer: Uhhhh.. what?
GW: YAH, **** YOU! YOU THINK YOU'RE BETTER THAN ME? I'LL **** YOU UP! I'LL **** YOUR WHOLE FAMILY UP!
Racer: What are you talking about?!
GW: GET ****ED! YOU'RE DONE, *******! BANKRUPT! HOMELESS! YOU'RE GONNA HAVE TO LIVE IN THAT VAN WHEN I'M DONE ****ING YOU UP!

That's a totally reasonable thing to do....... if you're batshit insane. And now the company is having money trouble!? You don't say!

Think of all the obsolete technology that got dumped at the Goodwill and the disposal cost. How may CRT TVs were dropped off when flatscreens took over? Probably thousands. And VCRs, DVD players, VHS tapes, computer CPUs/monitors, etc. That definitely ate into profits.

E-waste can be disposed of for free.

Yes, someone would have had to take it to a local drop off centre but that's the only cost.

E-waste can be disposed of for free.

Yes, someone would have had to take it to a local drop off centre but that's the only cost.
E waste donated to Goodwill was almost certainly not brought to a local drop off centre. Most recyclers were paying between $0.08 - $0.12 / lb over the last couple of years. So it actually was an additional revenue stream.

Sent from a Samsung Galaxy far, far away using Tapatalk

See post #65 I forgot to quote you as well

Sent from a Samsung Galaxy far, far away using Tapatalk

Gonna polish up the ol CV and send it in to replace that idiot of a CEO....I mean really...can I do any worse than she did with 2 corporations? I'm not a crook...and I don't like even wasting the company's money on unnecessary things...

http://www.roadracingworld.com/news...or-millions-over-logos-it-left-on-sold-truck/

GW: Hey, I see you still have the GW logos on your van. We don't like our logos to be used for non official GW activities. Can you please remove the GW logos?
Racer: Oh, I didn't realize that. Sure thing! I'll take care of that right away.

GW: YAH, **** YOU! YOU THINK YOU'RE BETTER THAN ME? I'LL **** YOU UP! I'LL **** YOUR WHOLE FAMILY UP!
GW: GET ****ED! YOU'RE DONE, *******! BANKRUPT! HOMELESS! YOU'RE GONNA HAVE TO LIVE IN THAT VAN WHEN I'M DONE ****ING YOU UP!

That's a totally reasonable thing to do....... if you're batshit insane. And now the company is having money trouble!? You don't say!

The linked article and your portrayal of events are a bit different. It concludes with the racer saying he wishes he'd just taken the logos off sooner. Goodwill in the US has no money troubles.

The linked article and your portrayal of events are a bit different. It concludes with the racer saying he wishes he'd just taken the logos off sooner. Goodwill in the US has no money troubles.

It's easy to take the position that if Goodwill was so worried about their logo, they'd have stripped it off themselves before selling the truck.

Goodwill workers in Ontario left in ‘legal limbo,’ union says

It looks like they're going to their banks to extend credit. They've also asked the Ontario Government for a bailout. It seems like they completely froze out the union, which is a really bad move.

It all sounds like incompetent management. Lockout your employees, not include the union in talks, ask for government bailout money. It all looks like amateur time trying to run a large organization. There is nothing sudden that happened to trigger this demise of an 80 year old organization, yet all these steps are more "too little, too late" panic rather than having a well thought out plan of action. What is Goodwill Toronto paying their CEO to do?

The current CEO is returning to her roots, just ask for more provincial/municipal money, fixes everything... much like her tour of duty at Toronto housing, unless the Goodwill parent company would guarantee the loans you'd be hard pressed to have a bank extend credit , there are few hard assets, lots of older trucks and leased properties. And an obvious cash flow concern. But banks do crazy stuff sometimes.

Goodwill in the US sued a privateer club racer because his race van was a used Goodwill van that still had their logo on it.

Sued a dude just using a GW van to drive his bike and gear to the track. I forget the amount they wanted but it was so far beyond ridiculous that ridiculous was just a dot on the horizon.

That's all the reason I needed to never, ever, give them anything or buy anything from them.

Ironic that the name Goodwill is a rip off of and play on either one or both of the definitions of goodwill. Yes I see the flaw in my pov, I post this for thought experiment only.

This is just a result of a ****ed up money grubbing legal system. People wonder why some lawyers have a bad reputation.

I am still wondering how they would hire this CEO the same year she got booted from the city job.
How do these people get hired?

If the board of directors were/are a bunch of self serving bureaucrats, they got what they deserved.

If the selection was made by picking the applicant who had the lowest suggested salary, they also got what they deserved.

If no one else wanted the job, they might have been kinda stuck.

Heard on the radio this evening that they "don't expect to be able to make payroll" for their employees.

I wonder if they'll be able to make payroll for the CEO.

There was CTV footage of an employee protest at their Progress Ave headquarters/collection centre. Goodwill Toronto will not make payroll this Friday, according to Ms Nakamura. Sad for all employees trying to make rent and cover their food bill.

CVT Footage said:
Their problems could also get worse down the road, as workers don't receive any official paperwork, making it impossible for them to file for employment insurance.

The union is also asking for Nakamura to step down.

"I'm sorry there's something wrong with your management skills, because in my world, you give me something for free and I sell it -- I'm going to have money in pocket," said James Nickle, a union steward and truck driver for the organization.

Last edited:

What a dumb ***. He got a bunch of letters to remove the logos. He wanted to be all high and mighty and ignored the threats, power to him. When they took him to court he cries and asks for crowd funding.

Back
Top Bottom