GOODBYE, | GTAMotorcycle.com

GOODBYE,

JD_PICKLE

you do not have a goodbye forum so i post my goodbye here in the introduce forum because when i lived in north york i went many times to l and l and met many of you and went with many of you on rides but then i moved away but now in june i had a stroke and mostly recovered but can not ride any more so bike is sold and i do not feel comfortable living isolated so my house is for sale as i move back home to manitoulin so the main reason i am posting is that if you are riding through mindemoya and you see an old guy with a walker wave to you stop and say hi and maybe we share a beveridge or meal and if you need something i could maybe hook you up so ride safe ride straight and keep it shiny side up

jason d

Manitoulin sounds pretty good, I bet you could do almost anything there.
Safe Journey biker.

Sorry to hear. But don't feel the need to leave - in times past when I was isolated to home or couldn't get out as much as I wanted forums like this sometimes provided a bit of virtual-company that made me feel less isolated.

Sorry to hear JD, glad to hear you're recovering.
Enjoy the Island, I'll be sure to keep an eye out and stop in if I catch you waving.

Sent from my SM-A530W using Tapatalk

Glad to see you are typing at us after your stroke, all the best in your continuing recovery.

And as @PrivatePilot said, you don't need to leave...an online community you know can help greatly with emotional and mental well being.

I hope for a few things:

Keep getting better.

Don’t leave. There is an endless supply of new riders visiting here. Experience and wisdom from the old guard is always worth passing down.

wish you best on the recovery

internet forums thrive on sharing knowledge
no reason you can't still do that
stick around brother

Best wishes on your recovery. Have seen first hand how difficult in can be in some family members!

I hope you look back and check in every now and again. This is a great community and can help keep your spirits lifted! I haven't ridden in over a year, and I can't stop myself from coming back as I enjoy this place so much.

I wish you all the best @JD_PICKLE !!

Sorry to hear. But don't feel the need to leave - in times past when I was isolated to home or couldn't get out as much as I wanted forums like this sometimes provided a bit of virtual-company that made me feel less isolated.

^this x 100

all my real life friends are actually virtual friends from GTAM (some of whom I have met in person)

you do not have a goodbye forum so i post my goodbye here in the introduce forum because when i lived in north york i went many times to l and l and met many of you and went with many of you on rides but then i moved away but now in june i had a stroke and mostly recovered but can not ride any more so bike is sold and i do not feel comfortable living isolated so my house is for sale as i move back home to manitoulin so the main reason i am posting is that if you are riding through mindemoya and you see an old guy with a walker wave to you stop and say hi and maybe we share a beveridge or meal and if you need something i could maybe hook you up so ride safe ride straight and keep it shiny side up

jason d

Hi Jason,

Thank you for your post, and a re-introduction - being a relatively new member to this community I don't think we've crossed paths but it's clear that your time spent in meeting others and building a network of friends here has been meaningful.

Your message about the changes you've endured recently and the path ahead is courageous and important.

Recognizing what lays ahead and taking steps to help alleviate things like a home and neighborhood that might not lend itself easily to your recovery progress does point to tough choices like moving and changing your living arrangements. Being faced with the reality of the changes your body is going through now also puts all those activities you previously enjoyed into focus - the simple joys of riding may seem lost, exhausting, and unattainable.

Recovery is a personal journey for each person and it's worth saying that while some doors seem closed to you now, there are others waiting to be discovered (back in Manitoulin), and as you work through your new reality, some doors may present themselves to you again in new context, perspective, and opportunity. Understanding the limitations a stroke places on your ability to ride and taking the decision to stop is the right thing to do for your safety and others.

There is a silent army of riders out there that have also endured the grueling recovery of having suffered a stroke - and unless someone like you has the courage to share the story - we don't stop to reflect on it, or realize there are others also experiencing things like isolation, and life-altering changes.

Stay hopeful in your view on life today and into the future with a focus to build your physical and mental strength - if history has shown us anything - it's that we have all have the potential to recover and reinvent our bodies, and our understanding of who we are as life brings unplanned changes upon us - so as your world unfolds if you find the need to focus outside and away from this community because you're not riding anymore, we understand - but remember you belong to a community of like minded folks here that share the same passion you have for riding, and no matter where your keyboard lands - I hope you continue to exchange, share, and stay connected.

Back
Top Bottom