Good, fast, cheap | GTAMotorcycle.com

Good, fast, cheap

I'd expect that, the Honda is quite a bit more expensive and RE has the hometown support.

The RE sells for less than $3K in Canada, I think it would be a hit.

Neighbour said they rented them while in Colombia a few months ago. Said they were ok, but gutless.

I wouldnt expect much else. Compared to other sub $5K bikes probably a great option.
A twist of the wrist on one of those raises the noise quotient without the matching increase in speed. But yes, you can ferry two passengers on that bike without much angst.

If they are built to a price-point then it stands to reason that the quality of components will match.

Not saying it is a bad bike, "adequate" might classify it.

"The engine makes rather humble output figures, so if this is your primary motorcycle, you might find yourself yearning for more performance very soon."
You nailed GG.

Pick any two.

Ahem, some of y'all are missing the point - it (and the other variations - Meteor and Classic) is selling very well in other countries.
Not for you perhaps, but for consumers out there in the Canadian market looking at something like a Honda 300 or 500 (Rebel, etc.) at least there's another choice.
Especially bigger folks that don't fit a small displacement cruiser, are downsizing as we get older, or strictly for urban assault.
I say anything that gets bums in the saddle for a realistic price is a good thing.
RE's build quality is as good as anyone's in this price range - before you pass judgement take the time to check one out.

I’m with @TK4 on this one. The bike fills a need and if it keeps selling well…there was a need for the bike.

Not many options for the low cc bikes in cruiser or standard form like this, and I personally enjoy that market. It’s great to go super duper fast…but where you going to do that here.

As a city and back road bike, sounds perfect. Quality and reliability will be told with the test of time.

And anything that puts seats on bikes is a good plan to me.

Not to me, look at Itchy Boots and how far she rode her first two RE Himalayans...she took those bikes everywhere
Great show.

I've been following her exploits for a few seasons. Her latest bike, the Honda took a beating and did well over all but I thought it was funny when whined about minor issues breaking like the suspension components, fork seals etc. Can't imagine a RE surviving her last few seasons.

At a price point it will be a winner , even veteran riders are finding ins a bit punishing . And a lot of riders are aging up . I suspect in a couple yrs we will have more guys looking at bikes of this sort than the “ride of the century” take over the Qew nonsense.
It’s all good for the industry

Sent from my iPhone using GTAMotorcycle.com

Back
Top Bottom