Gold Stars Detailing and Auto | GTAMotorcycle.com

Gold Stars Detailing and Auto

TK4

From another site, from someone that I trust:

"For those of you who know me well, you know I only post about once a year, but today I had a horrible experience that needs to be shared. I was asked by the Durham Police to make as many people aware of what happened to me and many others who have bought Groupon vouchers for a car detailing operation located at 444 Taunton Rd E., called Gold Stars Detailing and Auto.
I called on Wednesday to see if they had an opening and was asked to bring my car in at 1:30, that they would need about 4 hours to do the job. I dropped it off and by 5:30 had not heard when to pick it up, so I called and asked when it would be ready and was told "later". When I asked "when later was" I was yelled at "what do you think, I run a one car shop?" I said of course not and was then asked if I was a child and stupid. I called at 8:00pm and again asked when my car would be ready. They said it would not be ready that night, again I was told that I was F&$*(&% stupid. They said it would be ready in the morning around 11am. When I got out there at 11:00, I was very rudely greeted with "What are you doing here?" and I replied "you said my car would be ready and I am here to pick it up" I then had the F bomb directed at me numerous times because I am "stupid". He then went to an employees only area and refused to come out or give me my keys unless I paid another $45.00 on top of the already $65 I payed for the Groupon. I should say that my car had not yet been cleaned. When he finally did come out again he started swearing at me and telling me to get out saying that I was trespassing. He was beginning to get really aggressive and my daughter, who had driven me there, called the police. He tried to physically force us out the store, all the while my daughter was on the phone relaying the situation to the police. The police came within 5 minutes and proceeded to tell me that this was not their first trip there, one officer had already been called there 7 times this year, and that this is the owner's standard operating procedure to charge more than the voucher and not give the keys back to the owner until it is paid. When the officers rang the bell the owner proceeded to shout at them and drop the F bomb repeatedly. By this point I just wanted my car back and to leave, I was also willing to pay the extra charge just so we could leave with a car that had not yet been cleaned. The officer who waited with me while my daughter paid the extra charge said this was a common practice with this 'establishment'. He then asked me to let everyone I know about my experience. I just want everyone to be aware of this scam and to share my story so you don't have to go through the same horrible experience as me. Again the place was called Gold Stars Detailing and Auto, don't support this thief."

You'd think at a time like this where businesses are struggling to stay afloat you would see much better customer service...

You'd think at a time like this where businesses are struggling to stay afloat you would see much better customer service...

probably a front business

Buddy had a similar experience in Mississauga. Except he dropped the car off Monday, and by Tuesday the shop was closed down and his spare set was gone.

Also a Groupon type deal. Paid for detailing, car wasn’t cleaned, and shop closed down within a few hours of dropping the keys off.

I dont leave my car with anyone for any reason. I will sit there and wait. I dont care how long they say it will take, I will wait. I have found it takes a lot less time then the estimate if they know you arent going anywhere until its done.

While this seems to be a scam fest the get-it-cheap-coupons can be a drain on a business. The promoters take a cut and the business works cheap. It's OK if the cheap work is done when things are slow but a pile of one time bargain hunters can be a crush if the work has to be done when there is good money to be made.

While this seems to be a scam fest the get-it-cheap-coupons can be a drain on a business. The promoters take a cut and the business works cheap. It's OK if the cheap work is done when things are slow but a pile of one time bargain hunters can be a crush if the work has to be done when there is good money to be made.
That has zero bearing on anything. If the business owner is going to be ****** or fussy about when the coupon is cashed in they should never have entered into the groupon program.
There is never an excuse to use profanity with a customer.

Sent from my SM-A530W using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom