Givi Rack plates? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Givi Rack plates?

I have a givi rack and 2 side bags, I also have a small cooler that I'd love to put on the top rack spot. are there mounting plates that you can buy to attach onto containers of your choosing?

Not that I've ever seen. You'll need to have one made or use a good quality ratchet strap to secure it to the rack.

You could always turn your Givi box into a cooler! :D

You could always turn your Givi box into a cooler! :D

Did that on a trip with the Givi top-loading bags I had on my Tiger; checked into the motel, emptied the bags, zipped over to the gas station for ice, then over to the booze store and back to the motel. Unlatched them from the bike and used the handy carrying handles to bring them into the room... there was still a bit of ice in them come the morning and not a drop was leaked on the floor.

Did that on a trip with the Givi top-loading bags I had on my Tiger; checked into the motel, emptied the bags, zipped over to the gas station for ice, then over to the booze store and back to the motel. Unlatched them from the bike and used the handy carrying handles to bring them into the room... there was still a bit of ice in them come the morning and not a drop was leaked on the floor.

A friend of mine stopped at the beer store in Rockland ME and packed ice and beer into his Pelican side cases for us, it leaked as soon as he opened it at our campsite. :D

DSC03436.JPG

A rider I know bungees her cooler onto the passenger seat of her cruiser. I have no idea how she moves it on her Katana 750. ;)

A friend of mine stopped at the beer store in Rockland ME and packed ice and beer into his Pelican side cases for us, it leaked as soon as he opened it at our campsite. :D

DSC03436.JPG

Well there's the problem right there.... y'all should NEVER put the beer in the exhaust side bag.

Not quite what i'm looking for, i have the givi mono rack (3 spots for luggage, 2 on side 1 on top), i want to put the cooler on the top rack so that it snaps in, basically like a mounting bracket that locks onto my existing rack, not building a new spot to put stuff.

What about buying a smashed givi case and saving out the locking mechanism to attach to the base of the cooler? Just a thought.

What about buying a smashed givi case and saving out the locking mechanism to attach to the base of the cooler? Just a thought.

Or buy a Givi case and some liquid EPS foam, then make a cooler.

Or maybe buy a small cooler and a bungie net.

The front 2 holes are just key hole shaped openings. So just a big hole and a little hole, file , dremel , or die grind in between. The back hole is just and rectanglular hole (drill 4 holes cut, file ,or chew out between them) , with a spring loaded bolt to engage the half moon cut out in the triangular tab/block thing. 2 or 3 hours and some quality time with some hand tools and yr ready to roll ! Im betting u could find a spring loaded door or gate e latch at the hardware store that you could fashsion the locking latch out of, asumming u dont care about it not having a key .

Just start drilling and cutting !

I think you are on the correct track - the Givi is a nice shell - and you want a cooler to fit the contours.
I'd just go hunting for large durable Gel packs

stuff like this -
http://www.healthmegamall.com/prodV...ck-1139-39-x-2139-39-Single_c11352_p57643.htm

They will be way better than most coolers and will contour around the inside of the case and whatever you want o carry. ie put food in appropriate plastic container or a thermal bag and drinks will just tuck inside the Gel sandwich.
Put the whole thing in a durable clear plastic liner bag for easier in and out and keep any drink or food leaks from the Givi. You can put the whole thing with whatever you want to keep cool in the freezer pre-ride and it will still be flexible enough when cold to fit the Givi coutours.

Enjoy....of course it will be non-alcoholic drinks ;)

Back
Top Bottom