Getting old sucks... | GTAMotorcycle.com

Getting old sucks...

mimico_polak

Site Supporter
And I'm only 43!

Was working on my car a few weeks ago with the help of a phenomenal GTAMer, and to this day things hurt. My inner right elbow is killing me every time I try to grip / lift something. Even turning my hand the wrong way can send pains up my arm. Hell the joke is I'm pulling IT too hard, but if this wasn't so painful it'd be funny.

Lower back is shot, tender, and hurts in most positions whether standing, laying, or sitting. But that's been going on a while, so who knows.

Does it get better? I've fought the urge to tie up my doctor with these 'minor' issues, but this is getting to the point of annoying when I can't lift up the kids, let alone weights for some mild working out.

And I'm only 43!

Was working on my car a few weeks ago with the help of a phenomenal GTAMer, and to this day things hurt. My inner right elbow is killing me every time I try to grip / lift something. Even turning my hand the wrong way can send pains up my arm. Hell the joke is I'm pulling IT too hard, but if this wasn't so painful it'd be funny.

Lower back is shot, tender, and hurts in most positions whether standing, laying, or sitting. But that's been going on a while, so who knows.

Does it get better? I've fought the urge to tie up my doctor with these 'minor' issues, but this is getting to the point of annoying when I can't lift up the kids, let alone weights for some mild working out.
I have no idea what your lifestyle is like, but your physical issues are probably solvable with diet and exercise.

I have no idea what your lifestyle is like, but your physical issues are probably solvable with diet and exercise.
Well I exercise fairly regular. But my diet is garbage….

IMG_2216.jpeg

Even though the lunch was delicious.

May need to come up / build a stretching routine.

This sitting home all day in front of a computer can’t be helping.

Its not.
I can speak from experience, but core strength is VERY important. And its easy one to neglect in the era of computers and office desks.

View attachment 64333

oh I see a red flag already, not sure what your sugar intake is like, but that stuff 1000% causes inflammation. which leads to pain/tenderness.

Check your cereals and other processed foods as well, they're sneaky with the sugar.

And I'm only 43!

Nope. I'm a few years older then you.

Funny enough I too hurt my inner elbow. Probably a ligament pulled, or inflamed. Started up right after using a breaker bar on the HD, on a high torque bolt. Eventually it went away. Get those heating or cooling pads out!

Lots of other little nagging issues as well. I believe you need to so some level of physical exercise when you get older. Not so much power lifting but just some basic exercises to keep everything moving, blood flowing. Yeah diet too.

oh I see a red flag already, not sure what your sugar intake is like, but that stuff 1000% causes inflammation. which leads to pain/tenderness.

Check your cereals and other processed foods as well, they're sneaky with the sugar.
Yes, the Coke is one every few days (if that). As for breakfasts...I'm big into the 'overnight' oats at this point in time.

But I'll agree the diet needs some work.

After working on my car last week, I set out on a quest for a work stool. I was using a milk crate which works ok but if I can have a basic set of sockets and tools with me at all times as well as a place to set down bolts without searching the floor, I'm all in. Ended up with one from costco for $120. It may not be the best but it seems good enough and all options had some compromises.

imageService

View attachment 64333

Any left overs?
I may be in the area today and stop by to finish them off.
YUMMMMMMMMM

After working on my car last week, I set out on a quest for a work stool. I was using a milk crate which works ok but if I can have a basic set of sockets and tools with me at all times as well as a place to set down bolts without searching the floor, I'm all in. Ended up with one from costco for $120. It may not be the best but it seems good enough and all options had some compromises.

imageService
Fancy!

Any left overs?
I may be in the area today and stop by to finish them off.
YUMMMMMMMMM
Lots! We bought 8 fresh chickens recently, which quickly became 6 as relatives 'forgot' they needed an extra one each.

Bought a total of 13 chickens, fresh eggs, and the chicken soup / schnitzels from the chicken were both phenomenal.

The rest of it got vacuum sealed and put away. May be buying more this upcoming weekend.

Think about a glucosimine suppliment , did wonders for my joint aches . And sugars ( fuckineverywhere) and carbs , so tasty but they become sugars. Then stretch . Getting old is way better than the alternative.
To a degree you can pick how old will look, genetics is a play, but not doing the basics make being a weekend warrior hard.

Alright thanks all. I’ll hold off calling the doctor…I think I verified most of the kids candy is safe to eat so can stop now.

Stretching and milder workouts until pain disappears. But will hold off going to doc.

imageService
I like it.

Seems like a good place to keep your most go to tools when working on bike or car.

Would be nice if it was available at the warehouse

I like it.

Seems like a good place to keep your most go to tools when working on bike or car.

It was. Same price though.

I saw it a few weeks ago and was going to wait until they dropped the price. Went back last week and it was gone. Checked with grumpy person at the front desk and they said ski was deleted from system and it was not being restocked. Looked online for alternatives and most seemed worse for one reason or another. Went in a few days later and they had a few skids of them on the floor.

Common tools at hand is the main advantage over the milk crate. I leave the big tool box in the same place so many trips were required to grab tools. This should eliminate most trips. Holster on the back to hold a drill or impact too.

I'm not expert by any means and just as guilty of all the bad things
SUGAR is a huge one. Couple of weeks ago I told myself that I would limit my sugar intake. Unfortunately it's not going well

I like it.

Wow, $130! That ain't cheap.

I like the $10 I bought from another friendly GTAMer. That thing has saved me countless pains.

I should talk to my 3d printing buddies to build some storage in it for me.

It was. Same price though.

I saw it a few weeks ago and was going to wait until they dropped the price. Went back last week and it was gone. Checked with grumpy person at the front desk and they said ski was deleted from system and it was not being restocked. Looked online for alternatives and most seemed worse for one reason or another. Went in a few days later and they had a few skids of them on the floor.
Any chance you have the store SKU number handy?

I'm not expect by any means and just as guilty of all the bad things
SUGAR is a huge one. Couple of weeks ago I told myself that I would limit my sugar intake. Unfortunately it's not going well
Shhh...don't tell my wife but she's a big part of the problem.

'I can't seem to lose weight. Wanna eat a bag of chips while we watch something?'

Doomed to failure.

Wow, $130! That ain't cheap.

I like the $10 I bought from another friendly GTAMer. That thing has saved me countless pains.

I should talk to my 3d printing buddies to build some storage in it for me.
Will most likely turn your $10 stool into a $200 dollar stool.

Back
Top Bottom