Getting a job far from GTA or ON when you live in Toronto | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Getting a job far from GTA or ON when you live in Toronto

congrats i hope
Haha thanks. I think it’s the right call but time will tell. Probably could have milked it at least another year or so.

20 people on the entire flight from YVR-YYZ. Planes are back to empty again.

Going to be applying for government positions outside of GTA. If anyone know anything/links etc, feel free to share here.

CSIS/CSEC always have open job postings. They are not always hiring but the postings stay up to eliminate an easy way for bad guys to see when they are staffing up. Most of the jobs are probably in Ottawa which isn't all that much better than the GTA for affordability but I suspect they will also have positions outside Ottawa.

CSIS/CSEC always have open job postings. They are not always hiring but the postings stay up to eliminate an easy way for bad guys to see when they are staffing up. Most of the jobs are probably in Ottawa which isn't all that much better than the GTA for affordability but I suspect they will also have positions outside Ottawa.
Across the country is a viable option. Good friends mom worked part time with CSIS for years. Then got full time job in Vancouver.

Many of those type of government jobs will require you to live where they have openings, specially early on. You may end up in the same boat you are now or moving around early on.

Have you considered the military @black_CG2 ? They've always got something and there's lots of office work as well I'm sure. Local police force?
OPP?
RCMP?
Depends on personality of course.

I have applied numerous times to CSIS and absolutely zero results. I even spoke to their recruiter when she was here. She even told me that they were looking for someone like me who is multilingual and fluent in 3 languages (English, Bengali, Russian). Still nothing. And yes, I can read, write and speak all of those 3 :)

I applied to CBSA. Did their exam, in person interview and recently psychological test. Waiting for next step which is psychiatrist evaluation.

I have applied numerous times to CSIS and absolutely zero results. I even spoke to their recruiter when she was here. She even told me that they were looking for someone like me who is multilingual and fluent in 3 languages (English, Bengali, Russian). Still nothing. And yes, I can read, write and speak all of those 3 :)

I applied to CBSA. Did their exam, in person interview and recently psychological test. Waiting for next step which is psychiatrist evaluation.
Do you have university degree?

Sounds like you're a prime candidate for military intelligence.

Its been almost 20 years since I served and it still looks good on the resume.

Another suggestion is getting licensed as a interpreter for the courts. You show up when they have hearings/trials and ensure they understand what's going on. I know a friend of a friend who makes great money doing this. Also helps translate court transcripts as a side hussle.

Do you have university degree?

Sounds like you're a prime candidate for military intelligence.

Its been almost 20 years since I served and it still looks good on the resume.

Another suggestion is getting licensed as a interpreter for the courts. You show up when they have hearings/trials and ensure they understand what's going on. I know a friend of a friend who makes great money doing this. Also helps translate court transcripts as a side hussle.

Yes I do, Economics and Finance from University of Waterloo. Hmm I will look into the interpreter part.

Yes I do, Economics and Finance from University of Waterloo. Hmm I will look into the interpreter part.
Then if you enlisted you would start as a commissioned officer.

Drop by a recruiting centre and pick their brains, you may like what you hear.

^ excellent idea

CG, you'd likely end up at RMC after basic
further education for your military career

prolly enter RMC as a Second Loo
around 5K/month salary to go to school

then go do whatever you and the recruiters decided is a good fit
exit with full pension before you're 50

^ excellent idea

CG, you'd likely end up at RMC after basic
further education for your military career

prolly enter RMC as a Second Loo
around 5K/month salary to go to school

then go do whatever you and the recruiters decided is a good fit
exit with full pension before you're 50

May be I just should do this. Going traditional and what everyone is doing, have hurt me enough.

I got a truck going against everyone. Now I could not be happier.

Don't mention you're a GTAM member.

Back
Top Bottom