Geese! | GTAMotorcycle.com

Geese!

Jampy00

Site Supporter
Have a nice sized pond on our property and with spring in the air we are getting a few geese (5-15) that come and hang out and crap everywhere and honk constantly at one another. The dogs will chase a few off, but the smart one just slide into the water and honk away in victory. I'm thinking of getting a slow RC boat to chase them out of the water without the worry of injury to them.

Found this one at great hobbies and it can shoot water up to 6ft !!

Think I found my new spring/summer hobby...

Have a nice sized pond on our property and with spring in the air we are getting a few geese (5-15) that come and hang out and crap everywhere and honk constantly at one another. The dogs will chase a few off, but the smart one just slide into the water and honk away in victory. I'm thinking of getting a slow RC boat to chase them out of the water without the worry of injury to them.

Fishing line "fence" less than a foot off the ground with some tinsel on it is good to keep them from transitioning between pond and lawn. Not sure if they will hang out in the pond if no exit is available.

Fishing line "fence" less than a foot off the ground with some tinsel on it is good to keep them from transitioning between pond and lawn. Not sure if they will hang out in the pond if no exit is available.
That does not sound like any fun, plus I am 100% sure the dog will get tangled in it.. cause you know... dogs....

They're Canada Geese. A'holes of the North. AR-15 FTW
Canada Geese are protected under the Migratory Birds Convention Act, 1994 (MBCA). As an added bonus I live on conservation land. I'd get less fines for pew pew'ing a person... Plus the RC boat is cheaper...

Luckily the ones I have are easily scared off. Until they nest...

Teach your dogs to swim.

Teach your dogs to swim.
Rhodesian Ridgebacks 99% of them hate water.. Did you not see the RC boat.. what the heck is wrong with you people, I figured you'd all want one and we could have epic battles!

Rhodesian Ridgebacks 99% of them hate water.. Did you not see the RC boat.. what the heck is wrong with you people, I figured you'd all want one and we could have epic battles!
Get a self-righting tugboat. In a goose vs speedboat fight, you may be dragging the pond to rescue the corpse of your boat.

I think many of these RC boats, can't sink. I'll put it to the test and post results...

Sounds like you’ve got some goose meat on the menu for the rest of the year.

Get the shotgun…

Canada Geese are protected under the Migratory Birds Convention Act, 1994 (MBCA). As an added bonus I live on conservation land. I'd get less fines for pew pew'ing a person... Plus the RC boat is cheaper...

Protected migratory vermin is more like it.

Fine. Wrist rocket and 5/16"-18 nuts, then. They'll get the message. Eventually.

Another thing I’ve seen golf courses do is leave food out for raccoons, very close to the nesting areas of the geese. Geese don’t like coons, coons like fresh eggs and won’t be scared off by geese.

What about a constant water sprinkler in the pond?
We have wild turkeys by the dozens go through our yard on a daily basis. They'll come right up to the house. Our cat is small but angry and we have to look around a bit before we let him outside because he chases them into the trees if they're there.

Since someone mentioned AR-15 than my suggestion won't be as bad.

Get a paint ball gun. Fun activity for you and it should scare them off. You don't need to hit the target, just the water or ground near them.

I have one I haven't used in a long time. wouldn't mind firing it back up.

The boat idea sound like fun too untill it brakes down in the middle of the pond. Then you might have to train one the of the geese to fetch the boat for you.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom