Gas station poll (just for fun) | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Gas station poll (just for fun)

A or B. Saw a video a few years ago of a bike going up in flames from some fuel splash igniting on the exhaust, it’s probably still on YouTube.

When the glorious day finally arrives that I can go to the gas station, I see myself doing A but also thinking about using the center stand. If I did that, is there any reason why I can't fill right up to the very very top, just below the lid seal?

When the glorious day finally arrives that I can go to the gas station, I see myself doing A but also thinking about using the center stand. If I did that, is there any reason why I can't fill right up to the very very top, just below the lid seal?
Follow what the manual says. Filling it right up past where it should be will make expansion from even sunshine force the extra fuel out of the overflow tube and possibly onto your rear contact patch.
And it's nasty environmentally.

If you are almost to your destination and use your sidestand while parked, don't do it. It can bubble/puke out some of the extra gas. Read your book, some only want you to fill to the bottom of the spout, not the top.

If you are almost to your destination and use your sidestand while parked, don't do it. It can bubble/puke out some of the extra gas. Read your book, some only want you to fill to the bottom of the spout, not the top.
Makes sense. Thx.

Was having a conversation with friends of mine the other night which spawned this question. I have seen it twice in the past 5 years where a motorcyclist has lost their footing when they pulled up to the gas pump either on oil/antifreeze/kitty litter etc and getting pinned between the bike and the pump so....

Do you pull up to the pump with the
A. Kickstand facing the pump?
B. Kickstand facing away from the pump?
C. Don’t get off the bike and do everything while still sitting on it (fill and pay)

REMEMBER THIS IS JUST FOR FUN.
never C

Back
Top Bottom