FZR"400" project build | Page 7 | GTAMotorcycle.com

FZR"400" project build

Man I ordered this stuff yesterday. And it got here this morning. Bad ass! Looks like I am just gunna coat it while I am at it.

photo-1512.jpg

photo-1609.jpg

It's a Phenol Novolac Epoxy. Supposed to be the beezneez.

Let us know how that stuff works! I'm interested in finding out how it's applied.

Why does it say it bonds to anything except "metals". Aren't you using this for the gas tank? I have to read back I guess, or reread the package after this post

AHHH, nevermind reread it LOL. God it's 1pm and I still can't straighten my vision.

You aren't sposed to inhale the paint fumes that much Mike lolol.

What's up for this week? Lemme know. Ringaling ling.

This is my guage mount in cardboard. I want to replicate this either in aluminum or stainless steel. Probably gunna go for a thicker aluminum so that it's stiff and such.
photo-1547.jpg

Go with some 10 or 8 gauge. Probably 8 gauge, with minor bracing.

I got screwed royally. I sent my moneyh to some inbred retard in the states. He send me the totally wrong things. Send me the fender/plate holder for the 09 r6 which doesnt fit the 06 07. Sent me 06 07 plastics which were ok but had more damage than he mentioned. Didn't send me my seatlock mechanism. Didn't send me my god damn tail light. The only damn thing he got right were the rearsets. And I have a suspicion the only reason he got that right is cuz they are probably the same 06-10.

What a piss off.

Gotta let this sit at room temperature for 12-24 hours. Wish I read the instructions before hand.
photo-2405.jpg

Got my lithium Ion battery. It's tiny. I put my keys in there to give you an idea of how small it is. It weighs next to nothing as well.
photo-1113.jpg

Sneak peak of the tail.
photo-310.jpg

DAMNNNNNN YOUUUU! just when I am almost finished my F4 once and for all I had to look at that tail. Not to mention you got me thinking streetfighter again. Looks awesome anyways.

DAMNNNNNN YOUUUU! just when I am almost finished my F4 once and for all I had to look at that tail. Not to mention you got me thinking streetfighter again. Looks awesome anyways.
Bro you gotta fighter the bike. Only because it would be a shame not to see theturbo and such :D. But use the RS tail. When I saw that tail I actually thought about using that on my bike as well.

looks great man!

Thanks man appreciate it.

Well I just learned a very expensive lesson. Acetone ruins paint jobs!

I got a little bit of acetone on the paint and the whole fuckin thing started lifting. I am not pleased at all.

Oh well. I guess I have to repaint this winter. What a fuckin piss off.

Minty fresh paintjob.
photo-1123.jpg

Paint job. Meet Acetone.
photo-880.jpg

photo-260.jpg

photo-1151.jpg

Mike is this saveable by any means?

Man that sucks. But you should have coated the inside first and THEN send out for painting. Or you could have wrapped the tank with a few layers of 3"wide masking tape and probably saved the paint that way.

Looks like you learned an expensive lesson mate...;)

Yup problem is I didn't get the coating til the day I had to send the tank out for paint. I did get a good deal on the cost of paint. But alas it was all for nought. I think I am going to cover it up with a decal that is a racing stripe down the center of the tank.

Mounts done for remote resevoir and coolant bottle.

The mounts drilled to go between subframe and rearset. Did both at the same time so they would have the same spacing and save me more effort lol. Yet another good use for duct tape.
photo-540.jpg

Testing for hole diameter
photo-974.jpg

Testing for spacing. Perfect fit.
photo-2170.jpg

Seperating the two.
photo-1272.jpg

Used a torch and bent them into an L
photo-852.jpg

Used the torch again and now they are a Z
photo-777.jpg

Coolant bottle. Gotta get some clamps for that.
photo-1368.jpg

Shock resevoir. Gotta find the other clamp I had for that.
photo-669.jpg

Rear shot. Sorry for the bad lighting.
photo-1082.jpg

This is just a photoshop but what are your thoughts on decal like this to cover up the paint fudge up?

photo-713copy.jpg

Back
Top Bottom