Fun roads to ride in Toronto? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Fun roads to ride in Toronto?

QVBD

Hello, can anyone recommend some fun roads to ride that are within Toronto? Going to take the wife for a ride but don't want to go too far and can only think of Rosedale Valley road. Forks of the Credit is amazing but a bit too far.

In the west end there's Convair Dr, right by the airport, as well as Edenbridge Dr. Then in the east there's a couple of nice roads by the Toronto Zoo: Old Finch Ave, Twyn Rivers Dr to name a few.
If your hitting Rosedale you might as well do Bayview as well.
All these roads are pretty short though, it is the city after all.

Do a few runs up/down on the DVP if you're on the east end. Going north and south early morning will be a nice ride. Take Lakeshore to Mississauga / East End (depending on your start point).

Mississauga Rd if you're on the west end is a nice short burst....but you're fairly limited to 'fun' roads within the actual city.

For a ride with my wife, we would go down to Lakeshore and just cruise westbound until we got bored, go north, and come back around on another road.

Hello, can anyone recommend some fun roads to ride that are within Toronto?
Nope. Nothing.

But seriously there ain't any. A lot of these roads that are being suggested are technically not in Toronto, and that's because you have to leave the city to get any decent riding in, unless you want to go "ramping".

I feel you though OP. I asked the same question 5 years ago:

Nope. Nothing.

But seriously there ain't any. A lot of these roads that are being suggested are technically not in Toronto, and that's because you have to leave the city to get any decent riding in, unless you want to go "ramping".

I feel you though OP. I asked the same question 5 years ago:
There are no fun roads south of Barrie in Ontario.

Hello, can anyone recommend some fun roads to ride that are within Toronto? Going to take the wife for a ride but don't want to go too far and can only think of Rosedale Valley road. Forks of the Credit is amazing but a bit too far.
bayview along DVP (that general area)
Lakeshore, exhibition (and further west)
Old mill and High Park area.

Like others have said get out of the city, plus with garbage roads full of construction you won't enjoy it anyway.

I like heading down Rosedale Valley Rd, it starts out as Aylmer Rd, just north of Yonge and Davenport. Take that down to Bayview Ave and head North (left at the light) then turn onto Pottery Rd. This stretch has something different to offer in either direction.

1659463683210.png

There's also the Twyn Rivers and Old Finch stretches in Scarborough.

1659464164280.png

It's also worth heading down Leslie St to Unwin Ave and taking it to Cherry St. Just after you turn off of Leslie, there are two extremely sharp turns in quick succession. While you're there, and assuming there are no concerns or events in the area, usually an evening early in the week. You can get a cliché but cool shot of bike plus skyline, over at the Polson Pier (mild trespassing may be required but not explicitly encouraged...).

1659464845513.png

Road conditions are ok for the most part, wont knock out any fillings. In most cases you won't be able to reach dangerous speeds because you may end up stuck behind someone puttering along.

The
There's a special kind of fun riding a motorcycle thru Brampton or Markham. For most excitement, try it during rush hour.

There are no fun roads south of Barrie in Ontario.

River Road was the first thing that popped in my head when you said that.
Also Hockley, Snake Rd, Side Rd 15, Mono centre, Lower Base Line w, Guelph Line...

wherever you go, watch out for the stupid ******* automated cameras.

i used to do this a loop whenever i wanted to get out but didnt want to take an hour to leave the damn city. its basically rosedale valley + a few other things around it.

vatwqHP.png

wherever you go, watch out for the stupid ******* automated cameras.

i used to do this a loop whenever i wanted to get out but didnt want to take an hour to leave the damn city. its basically rosedale valley + a few other things around it.

vatwqHP.png
Interesting route. The problem now is with all the constrution at the east end of the Gardnier, where they are removing it. So that route might not be possible. Also the South end of Bayview right at Distillery going North is no longer possilbe as they have blocked it and made it southbound only.

Interesting route. The problem now is with all the constrution at the east end of the Gardnier, where they are removing it. So that route might not be possible. Also the South end of Bayview right at Distillery going North is no longer possilbe as they have blocked it and made it southbound only.

this city sucks lol.

Even cool roads are a pain if you are into heavy traffic.

I'm sure boring roads would be fun if you adjusted your travel times to off-peak periods (if there is such a thing in TO) to something like 7am on weekend mornings for instance. We here in the Mississausage area are blessed to be able to head westerly and be into farm and escarpment country within a half hour. I grew up in Toronto's west end and rode a bike since 16 and somehow stayed alive but not sure I could handle things in the same areas todays.

My question is what is the expected saddle time and its purpose?

Is it to show someone how much fun one can have on a bike?

A run to Timmies is about as adventurous as camping in you own back yard. Ooo, I saw a squirrel vs. a bear ripped open our tent and ate our food. We had to sleep in the car.

If you're looking for a maximum of an hour you would don't get far in the city. If you're in Scarborough two hours gets you to the west end for a bit and vice versa. Toronto drivers don't make it fun.

Then there's your bike type and the comfort level for the pillion. Is it a Goldwing road sofa or a proctologist's booking agent?

When you lean into a turn does she freak out (We're going to crash) or yell for more?

My milk run from west TO includes Dundas, Ancaster and Hamilton. Hamilton is fabulous along Scenic Drive, the cuts, Mountain Brow, Ridge Road and on to Memphis Fire in Stoney Creek for a lunch befitting a bike run (Ignore dietary cautions) Come back along different roads.

Being more familiar with west Toronto I'd look at the High Park area and to the west including the Old Mill area and the Humber Parks.

Like Nobbie states, know your audience and give them the ride they want not the ride you want. Fun for us might not be fun for them. This shouldn't be you showing that you can beat every car off the line. Have a destination, a Tim's, Cherry Beach, etc. Take a break there with a treat of some kind either brought or bought, then return home. Those first few rides will set the stage for her riding future. Like kids in the car, if you tell them we are just going driving for an hour they will be devils till they fall asleep, if you say we are going for ice cream then you are the best!

Warning... do this right this could led to her wanting her own bike, bike days, bike trips, more bikes. Worked out well for me!

Back
Top Bottom