Fun bike Qs (MT-01 ??) | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Fun bike Qs (MT-01 ??)

No need to import; MT-01 was sold in Canada from 2006 to 2009.

I read all your answers; thanks!
I want a japanese bike even if I'm looking for a second ride; reliability and low maintenance cost are the clues.
I also want something else than a inline 4. In my head, a triple is to close to a 4.
V-max surely is thrilling but I always saw it as a big barge. Very powerful but nothing else to please me.
KLR 650 is a good suggestion but I'm a street rider without interest for off road.
MT-01 is still my top choice. MT-07 should also be quite fun but noticeably less HP and torque and about the same price because it is much newer.

Please continue suggestions; maybe I'll read about a thrilling suggestion I didn't think about.
MT01 would be my choice. Ive had several Yamahas and you can't go wrong.

One of my faves is the 81 920r v-twin, but that's an oldie now and wouldn't meet your criteria. I get a thrill out of riding old simple bikes, you can't reasonably compare them to any late model, the thrill is different.

MT01 has a 15L fuel tank fyi so fuel range isn’t too good. Just something to consider.
They didn’t sell well and Blackfoot out west had massive discounts on new ones that were a year or so old still in the floor. Coworker and I almost bought a pair but the dismal range prevented that sale.

MT01 has a 15L fuel tank fyi so fuel range isn’t too good. Just something to consider.
They didn’t sell well and Blackfoot out west had massive discounts on new ones that were a year or so old still in the floor. Coworker and I almost bought a pair but the dismal range prevented that sale.
There's a lot about these bikes that I've always liked. If it wasn't 4hrs away, it might in the garge right now. The only thing two things that turn me off is the fuel range and limited luggage, so it would be a bike used for day rides and local stuff only. I recall reading that if you are nice, you can get slightly over 200km out of a tank, otherwise plan your route wisely.

There's a lot about these bikes that I've always liked. If it wasn't 4hrs away, it might in the garge right now. The only thing two things that turn me off is the fuel range and limited luggage, so it would be a bike used for day rides and local stuff only. I recall reading that if you are nice, you can get slightly over 200km out of a tank, otherwise plan your route wisely.
I think it's closer to 250km riding hard, and 300km at 120kmh highway. That's a 2.5-3 hrs between fuel stops.

Might be a bit annoying if you are buying if for touring, but OP has a Versys for that. Fir a fun bike, that's should be plenty of range.

I'm guessing it meets the primary criteria...fun to ride.

I think it's closer to 250km riding hard, and 300km at 120kmh highway. That's a 2.5-3 hrs between fuel stops.

Might be a bit annoying if you are buying if for touring, but OP has a Versys for that. Fir a fun bike, that's should be plenty of range.

OP bought and sold that MT-01 last year.
I would be buying this as a fun, interesting bike only and 250 km range would be great!

I’d be surprised. Sv650 averaged around 320km max. FZ09 averages a bit over 200k per tank.

Extra 3L on the MT01 so maybe possible

Sent from my iPhone using GTAMotorcycle.com mobile app

OP bought and sold that MT-01 last year.
I would be buying this as a fun, interesting bike only and 250 km range would be great!
I'd like an MT01 too. Maybe a good trade for the FJR I almost never ride anymore.

this was my second MT01. Liked it with all the extras and baffles out exhaust

Attachments

• m1.jpg
    m1.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 20
  • m2.jpg
    m2.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 22
  • m5.jpg
    m5.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 21
  • m6.jpg
    m6.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 18
  • m7.jpg
    m7.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 16
  • m9.jpg
    m9.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 19
Much to my amazement I got 260km to a tank last summer riding at the speed limit. Luggage for away trips is not an issue, it holds lots and like I said earlier it's a blast to ride in the smokey mountains. I have only had to use my extra fuel tank once...when you get accustomed to the fuel range it not an issue..just plan fuel stops...

my fun bike, loads of power, gets around 50mpg and just a blast to rideView attachment 52698
The ZRX is another one I’ve been looking at a lot. There are a couple for sale in the $6k-$7k range but I don’t know enough about these bikes to know if that’s reasonable given the current market or out to lunch.

Also really like the z900rs, but like your ZRX better - ‘‘‘tis a beautiful bike!

The ZRX is another one I’ve been looking at a lot. There are a couple for sale in the $6k-$7k range but I don’t know enough about these bikes to know if that’s reasonable given the current market or out to lunch.

Also really like the z900rs, but like your ZRX better - ‘‘‘tis a beautiful bike!
Friend of mine is selling a freshly restored and pristine Suzuki TL1000S if you’re interested. Big fun Vtwin power.

Friend of mine is selling a freshly restored and pristine Suzuki TL1000S if you’re interested. Big fun Vtwin power.
Thanks!
I think that is a very nice bike and I’ve sat on them before cuz a buddy used to own one. The riding position is definitely more forward leaning than what I’m looking for.

Back
Top Bottom